What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Worked on grading the driveway using rear blade and fel, until the fel quit working. The joystick linkage for raising and lowering the bucket fell apart. Luckily when I got back to the garage the nut and lock washer were still laying there on the plastic shield under the hydraulic valves.

Larry

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Worked on grading the driveway using rear blade and fel, until the fel quit working. The joystick linkage for raising and lowering the bucket fell apart. Luckily when I got back to the garage the nut and lock washer were still laying there on the plastic shield under the hydraulic valves.

Larry
On certain applications, loctite or nylocks are your best friend :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Was moving dirt on Sunday, had just dumped a full bucket, and when I rolled it back, the high pressure line on the FEL pump blew. Messy. Got it back to the garage, but could not roll bucket or lower arms without spraying everything, so I just parked it & blocked up the FEL. (with plenty of speedy dry under it) Came home on Monday with popped line in hand, had a new one made today, plus all new suction line, so next time I head up to the mountains, I will replace the last two old lines on the FEL. Will clean screen & change fluid while I'm at it.
It's always something.:rolleyes:;)

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
Removed the water pump yesterday, cleaned off the gasket from the mating surface - ready for replacement next weekend. Noticed that the coolant overflow container had gone chalky, so called at local dealer for a replacement but told "I cannot sell you a part for your tractor." I left with a few well chosen words to the effect that my money was as good as anyone else's and he's lost any chance of me ever buying a genuine Kubota. Stupid policy, that!
So, I will go to the internet, get one from there, and he can go to hell!

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Removed the water pump yesterday, cleaned off the gasket from the mating surface - ready for replacement next weekend. Noticed that the coolant overflow container had gone chalky, so called at local dealer for a replacement but told "I cannot sell you a part for your tractor." I left with a few well chosen words to the effect that my money was as good as anyone else's and he's lost any chance of me ever buying a genuine Kubota. Stupid policy, that!
So, I will go to the internet, get one from there, and he can go to hell!
Go back the next day and tell him you bought a genuine kubota and, funny thing, it needs the exact same part...

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Plowed and tilled garden for season. Had issue with tiller drive shift again not wanting to go on. Got spray can of wd-40 and a 18" Cresent wrench out if barn. Sprayed wrench and used to carefully tap drive shift onto tractor. Best of all. Had to reuse plow and reattach tiller again. And shift went on real easy. 34 hours on tractor and hoping in a couple weeks early do the 50 hour oil change with help of friend once I pick up oil and filters by manual parts.

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Hi folks,

I just bought my L 5040 FST after having tried it last saturday by e mail confirmation, negotiation and can't wait to collect it next sunday 280 km away,
It is brand new but was sitting in a dealers shed for nearly three yrs

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Hi folks,
I just bought my L 5040 FST after having tried it last saturday by e mail confirmation, negotiation and can't wait to collect it next sunday 280 km away,
It is brand new but was sitting in a dealers shed for nearly three yrs
Hi, Treckerzeug (I'm not sure I'm pronouncing that correctly), welcome to the forum (family)!

I think perhaps you din't just fall into this forum today, so you likely are aware of the numerous folk who snarl: "Without pics, it didn't happen!" I'm not one of them, though I do sometimes warn newcomers about the danger... and in your case, with your profile listing, "homemade forestry trailer with crane", I expect you'll be getting a *lot* of demands for pics. And if the pic Nazis don't demand pics of your wagon and crane, I certainly will! :D:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Been raining for 7 days straight here in N Florida. Got tons of projects that need doing, but with all the rain the M5140 makes a mess in a hurry! May have to go crank 'er up and just listen to that sweet engine purr! :D
Been doing the same here with the rain :rolleyes: gotta dig the trailer out of the back yard. Got two choices on getting it out. The z71 and give the 4wd a good test and take a chance on having to pull truck and trailer out with the bota. Or just go back with the bota and pull the trailer out :rolleyes: either way, I'm gonna have some good ruts to fill. Have had standing water since I mowed and the grass is a foot tall again. And each step sinks down a couple inches just walking on it. Calling for rain till tuesday. Would need a solid week of sun to be able to get back there and clean it up. Two weeks to be able to do it with out ruts :rolleyes:

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Been doing the same here with the rain :rolleyes: gotta dig the trailer out of the back yard. Got two choices on getting it out. The z71 and give the 4wd a good test and take a chance on having to pull truck and trailer out with the bota. Or just go back with the bota and pull the trailer out :rolleyes: either way, I'm gonna have some good ruts to fill. Have had standing water since I mowed and the grass is a foot tall again. And each step sinks down a couple inches just walking on it. Calling for rain till tuesday. Would need a solid week of sun to be able to get back there and clean it up. Two weeks to be able to do it with out ruts :rolleyes:
Daren, we need to send someone else this rain.....maybe California? More rain tomorrow and then we get a break. My L3010 with R4's tends to float over the mud, but the M5140 digs right in with the R1's. Good luck with your adventures in the mud. :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got it out with the bota :D only little ruts with the rice paddy tires [emoji16][emoji16]
It's typical with the rain this time of year. Middle June through August it will be a dust bowl and maybe a 1/2" of rain during those months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
House sits at the bottom of steep, wooded hill.

There's a diversion ditch above the house.

Over 30 years, part of the ditch got filled in.

Thought I could back in and pull it out with box, but no go. Real tight in that ditch - steep both sides.

The Piranha Tooth Bar got some work today!:)

I was never concerned about getting stuck!:D

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.....

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sure 'nuf, guys! It's a little steep and tight. :eek:

Definitely want to stay on the beatin' path!:p

Got a decent pile of spoils for use in other places.

Guessin' about 3 yards or so, and hardly a stone in it (which isn't common in Upstate New York).:cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Had 1 dump truck load of about 14 tons of clay soil brought in to to levee the creek. Will be bringing 2 more load to widen it now. My youngest daghter and I got thru it in just about 3 hours with the BX. I would of got thru in half the time but she had a blast and getting some experience. I guess I'm going to spend $100 a week on dirt just to get her outside, teenagers:D