What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have to take off the lift linkage on the BX for the MMM that stupid oval shaped keeper is gone rounded off, now I have to take it off and grind off whats left of that keeper and find a washer to fit the shaft and get it welded on,, just like I had to do on the other side,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Today I hooked my Land Pride rotary mower up. Removed the cover on the rear shroud to grease the u joint. I had to turn the drive shaft to get the zirt lined up and there was a big hunk of dirt hanging on it, brushed it off.....whoa, yellow jacket nest !!!! I did not know this old carpenter could move so fast. No stings and came back with the hornet spray and got the job done. It had been only 2 weeks without use.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Was in the 80's yesterday and today, mowed about 5 acres total, my son enjoys cutting grass again. That machine sips fuel compared to my 23 hp gas lawnmower.cuts faster too.

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
Yesterday I unloaded my new Woodmaxx WM-8M off the back of my truck so I could assemble it. One thing about Dodge Ram 4x4s, they sit really high. Almost didn't have enough lift to get the chipper out of the crate while it was on the back of the truck. Got it all put together and did a little clean up along the driveway of branches that I had trimmed off some trees. Did a couple 3" limbs and it handled them with no problem.
How do you like that Wood Maxx chipper.. I'm thinking of getting one...

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I'm just curious, what tractor is that on?
I know the entire wheel wasn't shown but do the wheels themselves adjust for width?

Those look nice, what brand spacers are they?
L3901, 2 inch, by BroTek Rich was great. I order them, paid via paypal and they were shipped the same day. All the parts came with them as well to mount the wheels. Hardest part was breaking the bolts loose and remounting the tires.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
L3901, 2 inch, by BroTek Rich was great. I order them, paid via paypal and they were shipped the same day. All the parts came with them as well to mount the wheels. Hardest part was breaking the bolts loose and remounting the tires.
They look great. Are your wheels one piece?

I went to Kubota's site and it looks like some are 2 piece and one set are single. Is that correct or am I seeing things?

I only ask because Mine are 2 piece and the width is adjustable. I haven't looked at any of the new models so I don't know much about them other than what I've read.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
They look great. Are your wheels one piece?

I went to Kubota's site and it looks like some are 2 piece and one set are single. Is that correct or am I seeing things?

I only ask because Mine are 2 piece and the width is adjustable. I haven't looked at any of the new models so I don't know much about them other than what I've read.
I have R4's so i don't have the adjustable width. These are one piece

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
On "Tiny Tim" (BX) drained the front axle for an oil change.
On "Big Bertha" (M) emptied the stalls, and cleaned out the barn with a few trips to the manure pile.
All in all, a pretty crappy day for Bertha! :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Finished getting all the wood from the neighbors and stacked along the fence. Got around 2 chord off the one tree. Gotta get it all split before I get anymore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Why would you stack it before its split?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I don't own a splitter. Got limited access to one, but won't have access to it for at least a couple more weeks. I usually end up having to accumulate a bunch and then split it in one weekend. Tree at the neighbors was either get it out of here asap or lose the wood ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nice stack of wood for one tree.
Thanks :D I actually screwed up on my math as far as the amount of wood I got. My trailer holds 1.5 chord of wood packed even to the top of the rails. Had one rounded trailer load, and one full and even with the rails from the tree. Figuring once it's split, I'll have about 2.5 chord of wood from the one tree. Had almost 3/4 of a chord just from the top that didn't need to be split. One more tree like that and I'll have more then enough for the winter :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I don't own a splitter. Got limited access to one, but won't have access to it for at least a couple more weeks. I usually end up having to accumulate a bunch and then split it in one weekend. Tree at the neighbors was either get it out of here asap or lose the wood ;)
Theres a few versions of splitters using bucket cylinders on youtube, mounts on loader above bucket and a rod to hydraulic lever for control.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Theres a few versions of splitters using bucket cylinders on youtube, mounts on loader above bucket and a rod to hydraulic lever for control.

I should suck it up and buy a stand alone unit. Up till this year I would rent one for $75 for the weekend. So I would get the boy over to the house for a day and just leave the splitter hooked to my truck. Drive down the fence line and split everything up. My boss bought one this year so I can borrow his instead of renting, but won't be able to get it for a couple weeks. He's in the process of getting in his wood pile also :rolleyes:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
A wood splitter is a bitter sweet purchase. When you need one it great to have but it sux to have one sitting in the shed the rest of the year.