What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
With our move date rapidly approaching I have been filling a 20yd rolloff with the tractor. Cleaning out the basement workshop alone has generated a ton of crap. Its an easy choice - have I used 'whatever' in the last year or 2. If not, out it goes. Included were a lot of things that had nostalgia value, at one time.
View attachment 99671
I know what you’re going through. Two years ago, I decided to concrete the floor in my barn. I rented a 15 yard roll off dumpster to discard 16 years of junk accumulation.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
While installing new rear tires today....I decided also to set my wheels as outboard (wide) as the rims would allow. Previously they were at the narrowest setting and the tractor has always felt more than a little 'tippy' in off camber situations.

I was amazed to find that I gained an entire 12" of overall width which dramatically improves the 'seat of the pants' feel for stability.

Very little of the tires are still under the fender-wells now, so no doubt I'll be throwing some mud on myself at times.....but its worth it I believe for the added safety.

It also greatly increased the clearance between my 3 pt. turnbuckles and the tires.....which before was quite crowded with certain implements attached.

Before:

View attachment 98703

After:

View attachment 98704
Nice.

Going to consider doing this as well
Last night I almost slipped off a small hill in the rain. Of course I wasn't wearing the seat belt, until that happened. I was burning ALL my brush piles.

I'm also looking for an offset 84" cutter(great for under trees and fence lines with brush), waiting to hear back from a few local salesmen. So the wider stance wouldn't affect 95% of what I do.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
No sir.
Not gonna have any additional cattle leases etc. I'm 49 and retired, just refocusing/simplifying my future plans.
Thanks ... and all the best to you, whatever your future holds. (y)

My future seems to be getting more complicated and less focused! I'm removing the snow blower and front hydraulic blade from the MX this afternoon in preparation for spraying a 12 acre field. I put an add on Craigslist recently and have been getting way more requests for work than I anticipated. I bought a new trailer this week to give me the option to haul the M6060 with the rear wheels set where I want them.

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Are you replacing it with something else?
Oh, I did get a L305DT this past week, it was my wifes grandfathers tractor. This tractor came off a family ranch that sold last year, and I bought it from my inlaws, it has almost 500hrs, 200+ hours I put on it many years ago when we used to hunting etc.

Screenshot_20230405_192116_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

My future seems to be getting more complicated and less focused! I'm removing the snow blower and front hydraulic blade from the MX this afternoon in preparation for spraying a 12 acre field. I put an add on Craigslist recently and have been getting way more requests for work than I anticipated. I bought a new trailer this week to give me the option to haul the M6060 with the rear wheels set where I want them.
Yeah I have a side business as well, that's what really buys/pays for the equipment. I'm gonna step away from that too! I will still do work for prior customers I like. The proper liability insurance will cost you about $2500 to $3k a year, use and call 811(free) for anything if you're digging. I have had a few turds over the years not pay in full or not at all, that's frustrating as hell.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

Oh, there are a few customers out there, no matter how much you accommodate their needs, or modify the contracted/obligation job, they will never be happy(you learn about this behavior of course after you complete the job). I swear one guy, a fellow Army retiree gave me so much hell over nothing, I basically ended doing the job almost free, just to keep a his negative review from showing up on my business Google.

It's Aholes like that make doing side work no longer fun.

Reactions: 1 user

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Looks like you could have placed those footings out farther, to where there will eventually be deeper water.
The high water mark will be 4” under the dock. It will be about 4 ‘ at the front. The pond is not big enough to need a boat. It is just a place to sit out of the grass.
Before the clean out, the pond level did not vary more than a couple feet. I hope that holds true now.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

Any pics of the new trailer?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pressure washed the tractor, blower and snow pusher. We didn't have frost all winter so by times I was moving as much sod and gravel as snow.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Any pics of the new trailer?
I posted this photo in the "tractor on your trailer" thread. I'll use this trailer next week for a test run when I use the MX to spray Roundup on 12 acres. It's going to be weird driving up the ramp with a cabled remote in my hand so that I can lower the deck back down with me still in the tractor. I have a wireless remote kit installed on the big dump trailer and have another kit that I bought for the small dump trailer but maybe I'll install it on this new trailer. We'll see how that goes. :ROFLMAO:

m1078_pj_tilt.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Pressure washed the tractor, blower and snow pusher. We didn't have frost all winter so by times I was moving as much sod and gravel as snow.
No frost all Winter?
Those Cavendish potatoes will likely get an early start!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
No frost all Winter?
Those Cavendish potatoes will likely get an early start!

I expect they will have spuds in the ground in the eastern end of the island by the third week of April.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We did not have severe weather here, so thankful for that. We did have a LOT of rain and still coming down. Good day to check out the general drainage situation around the houses and more routinely used trails to make sure water is going wherever it’s supposed to be going. Way too wet and rainy to do anything else outside.
904D933D-D5E8-489D-9FB4-F142E97E0CEA.jpeg

There’s usually no water in this area. Another 30’ and there’s a little waterfall where it dumps into the creek that was running about 4’ today (about 3.5’ above normal).
02C1D576-2B34-4E4C-8231-B40C816EBB75.jpeg

Did use the Kubota just a little bit inside, though. Greased the loader and used it as a stepladder to put an eye in the ceiling joists for the block & tackle to dress deer if anyone is able to do any deer hunting this fall. Of course they stay on a shelf most of the time; only the eye bolt stays up there all the time. Used to clean them at my father’s house but my son and his fiancé live there now. They both do some hunting but I don’t know her well enough yet to know if she’s the kind of girl that field dresses and processes her own deer or if she shoots it and calls her dad to take it from there. Maybe we’ll find out this fall.

Reactions: 2 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I used my L2501 Thursday for pushing and burning piles of brush. My son and I burnt 2 large piles around 30 x 40. I stayed busy moving 4 smaller piles in to the 2 that were burning. As of last night 1 was still smoldering. We have 1 more large pile and about 1 acre of smaller trees to clear yet.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I used the L3901DT to pull my driveway back up the hill yesterday after we had a really hard rain. One of my culvert pipe got block with leaves.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Started to prep mower deck for season.

Obvious it was a dry summer with little mowing.

Blades are in good shape. Will hit them with an angle grinder, but won’t take much.

66A1460A-E898-484E-A5C6-4FEC91D7EDDF.jpeg