What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It's a Blizzard B64 (Radtech). I picked it up on Craigslist last year and converted it to electric rotation and chute deflection.

It worked great last year. Not nearly as robust as my Normand I had on my L3400.
Cool! I'm not familiar with Radtech but it looks like a good blower. How is the chain tension system set up? I think the Land Pride model I have could have a better design for tensioning the chain, more like an alternator bracket system where one bolt tensions the belt and another locks it in place. As it is, I have to use a lever of some sort to drive the pulley down while trying to snug up the pulley bolt. Easy with two people or one person with three hands! :LOL:

I ran a front mount snow blower on the BX25 for five years and should have upgraded to hydraulic chute rotation after the first winter. I finally ordered the parts almost five years in and then sold the tractor and attachments before installing them. Fortunately I sold the tractor to the manager at the local Kubota dealership and he allowed me to return the snow blower parts for a full refund.

My current snow blower has both hydraulic chute rotation and deflection which is kind of essential with a cabbed tractor. I think this is the last snow blower I'll ever need to buy given how robust it is.

It must feel good to be prepared before the snow shows up. This was my first year being ahead of the curve and it was only possible because I have two tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Yes, the Normand was also all hydraulic. Typical Canadian built blower - like a tank. That was also a Craigslist find.

This one uses an idler gear to adjust the chain tension. One 15/16" bolt holds the gear to the frame in a slot. It was really easy setting the tension.

idler gear - for tension adjustment.jpg

adjuster for idler gear.jpg

Doesn't look like a whole lot of stretch in chain since it was new

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes, the Normand was also all hydraulic. Typical Canadian built blower - like a tank. That was also a Craigslist find.

This one uses an idler gear to adjust the chain tension. One 15/16" bolt holds the gear to the frame in a slot. It was really easy setting the tension.

View attachment 89911

View attachment 89912

Doesn't look like a whole lot of stretch in chain since it was new
That looks very similar to my Land Pride chain adjustment. How are you pushing down on the idler bolt and tightening the nut at the same time? Are you leaving it kind of snug and knocking the bolt head down with a mallet or something?

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Got tractor envy while helping brother in law. My town is having a free dump day. Brother in law had an old Toro garden tractor that need to be gotten rid of. I drove down with my 5X8 landscape trailer to pick it up.
I pull in and the Toro is hanging by a strap off the forks of his L32## ! He dropped it on the trailer ramp and I used my come along to pull it up. We had a few other minor chores and broke for lunch. I asked if I could take the tractor for a ride around the property.
Damn, the 32 HP with HST is a far cry from my 14 hp gear drive.
Got home two hours later and it hit me that there was serious lust for the bigger rig but it would be over kill for what I do.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Got tractor envy while helping brother in law. My town is having a free dump day. Brother in law had an old Toro garden tractor that need to be gotten rid of. I drove down with my 5X8 landscape trailer to pick it up.
I pull in and the Toro is hanging by a strap off the forks of his L32## ! He dropped it on the trailer ramp and I used my come along to pull it up. We had a few other minor chores and broke for lunch. I asked if I could take the tractor for a ride around the property.
Damn, the 32 HP with HST is a far cry from my 14 hp gear drive.
Got home two hours later and it hit me that there was serious lust for the bigger rig but it would be over kill for what I do.
Only a mature man figures it out and moves on. Less mature trades in his machine to get the larger one, then figures it out....it's too big!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got tractor envy while helping brother in law......

Mike - -

May he rest in Peace, I had a buddy that ran a small auto repair shop and (very) used car dealership next to his house.

Spoke his mind under no uncertain terms....real pisser is an understatement.

One time I stopped to visit, this wanna-be "Stud-looking" Fellow and his apparent girlfriend pull in with his Stingray Corvette - - mid-'70's variety. Needed work.

"Bud" was not a fan of Corvettes, or sports cars in general.

After hearing the Stud Guy's issues, Bud spouts out "the sportier the car, the smaller the di@k... They're both useless!!" 😳 😳

After he tossed that out, Stud Guy and his girlie both had some red faces......

Bud laughed like hell, as usual. 😆

Point being, if a BIG tractor doesn't work for your needs, it boils down to a di@k/tractor measuring exercise.

Who are you going to please with that little tractor?

The answer is "Me" ;)

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
That looks very similar to my Land Pride chain adjustment. How are you pushing down on the idler bolt and tightening the nut at the same time? Are you leaving it kind of snug and knocking the bolt head down with a mallet or something?
I don't understand why it would be hard. . . I just loosened the adjustment bolt and pushed down on the idler gear. At the same time I snugged up the bolt. . . The 1st time I did it it was a touch too snug for me so did it again. Wasn't 2 or 3 minutes.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Finished the install of the Summit 3FV and tried out the grapple. Just like anything I've gotten for the tractor so far, I wonder why I didn't do it a long time ago

Only one little problem and a couple 'issues" with the Summit kit.

1. The two 3/8" 90 JIC fittings on the bottom of the manifold wouldn't let me point the hoses the way I wanted to. This required replacing one of the 90's with two 45's so the P connection would go past the T connection without sticking out like dog's balls just waiting to snag on something.

2. It's pretty busy on the RH side of the LX2610SU under the floor board, especially with the FEL loader valve down there. The 4 rigid hydraulic lines turned out to be a boon for securing the hoses and the wiring harness, but once I got to the back, I really didn't like the way the hoses connected to the PB on the transmission housing and the P-port on the loader valve. They've got a pretty wicket curl in them that is always putting pressure on the fittings to loosen them up. I torqued the hell out of 'em, but there's still one 3/8" JIC 90 that I just don't trust.

3. I don't like the fact that either the loader can stall the grapple or vice versa. The loader valve will bypass if it's overloaded which robs pressure from the 3FV, but the 3FV does not bypass when stalled, which stops flow to the FEL valve. I would much rather an adapter made to parallel the PB line and T line on the loader valve. Until the cylinders fully stroke on the grapple, it can indeed move at the same time the FEL is moving. But once it strokes out or stalls, the FEL stops with it. That makes it hard to curl or lift while keeping pressure on the clamp of the grapple.

4. The Summit kit comes with all 1/2" body connectors. Not a problem for the boom hoses, as they have 1/2" crimped hose fittings. For some bizarre reason, though all of the fittings on the supply side of the valve are 3/8" fittings. This restricts flow to the valve and has made a noticeable difference in the FEL on my LX. My grapple came with 3/8" body male coupler. The Summit kit came with one male and one female coupler at the boom cross member, 1/2" body as well. I had to go to a local hydraulics supplier and get another 1/2" body coupler (male and female) as well as some reducer bushings to drop to 3/8" NPT which is what the grapple hoses had on them. No biggie, just another $100 that I didn't anticipate.

5. The LX isn't real friendly for accessing the wiring harness behind the cowl. BUT, it comes with a switched 12V circuit that's wired out near the RH taillight. As it were, that's actually closer than the main wiring harness under the cowl, and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather use it for. I'm assuming it was put there to power rear remotes. Since the loader valve is under the seat, and the wiring harness has to be run down the stick under the floor anyway, it was actually very convenient to just power the 3FV with that. That way, with ignition off, no one can push a button and let the grapple close and hurt something/someone. I close it anyway when I'm leaving it unattended, and put it on the ground, or turn it teeth down in the dirt and bleed the FEL hydraulics after I cut the engine.

Some photos for your perusal:

BHRF7638[1].JPG

First bite with the new grapple.
IMG_3079[1].JPG

I cut a hole in the side of the hose sleeve for the FEL hoses just above the clamp on the inside of the boom, and threaded the 3FV hoses through the sleeve to protect them when mounting/dismounting the FEL. The 1/2" JIC 45's came with the kit. These two hoses had 1/2" swaged hose fittings on both ends and are exactly the same length. I took the loader off to do all the plumbing on it, which made it super easy to do.
IMG_3082[1].JPG

I wasn't real crazy about doing it this way, but the hose to the Power Beyond point (RH hose) would stick out and catch on everything if I didn't. It won't go behind the Tank hose because the solenoid is too close to the port.

IMG_3078[1].JPG

This shows how I routed the hoses on the inside of the FEL boom, and the 1/2" body couplers. You can also see where I had to use a 3/8" - 1/2" bushing on the grapple hoses to install the couplers. All the couplers in the Summit kit are ORB style. The ones I put on the grapple have NPT threads.
IMG_3088[1].JPG

A view underneat showing how I routed the P and T lines and the wiring harness. I put the wiring harness inside the cluster of 4 rigid lines for the FEL. That should protect it. Before anything gets those hoses, it's gonna get the suction filter. I REALLY need to put a belly pan on this thing.
IMG_3086[1].JPG

The Power Beyond connection is fun to get to. The instructions from Summit say to remove the right rear wheel. But this heifer has oversize loaded rear tires that weigh nearly 750 pounds. I wasn't interested in handling that by myself. The seat has a single hair-pin key that can be removed, and bingo, the seat's off. But the supports have to be removed. I took the seat slide off, and the safety switch was easily unplugged and moved out of the way. Then, I took one bolt out of the cross beam support at each fender, which was a bit difficult with the fat tires, but as I said, I wasn't interested in handling those tires by myself. I loosened the other two bolts and just rolled it up out of the way so I could get to the Banjo fitting and remove the factory rigid line from power beyond to the loader valve. After that, it my only concern is the bends I had to put in the hoses at this end.
IMG_3091[1].JPG

I just coiled up all the slack in the power wires in case I change my mind about adding a switch to the cowl and moving the connections up there. I attached the ground to the seat belt bracket, and the 12V supply in the harness is already fused. I do NOT like the electrical connector that comes with the kit because they damage the wire integrity. I prefer to make a better connection. Besides that, this circuit is already fused at 10A (120W), more than enough for the solenoids. You can also see the connection of the hose from the T connection of the 3FV, which is where the Power Beyond was originally connected to the FEL valve. I added the 3/8" JIC 90 so that the hose wouldn't be sticking out toward the wheel/tire and subject to being ripped off.

Improvements to this would be a JIC T connection at the PB banjo, OR, a longer banjo bolt so that a second banjo could be installed on top of the existing one, and move the fitting at the loader valve down to the T port. This would parallel the 3FV and FEL valves off the PB, and avoid stalling the FEL with the grapple or vice versa. I'm thinking about having a loop-back hose made for the 3FV so that it doesn't matter if it's inadvertently engaged with the grapple not on the machine in the meantime. The buttons on that control are extremely sensitive.

BTW, the grapple is manufactured by LS tractor, model number clearly visible in the first photo. It's well braced for a light duty grapple. I got pretty rough with it today and didn't bend anything. I did more work in an afternoon than I did in two weeks before with just the bucket. Most of the stuff that I moved today is nearly impossible to move with a bucket, not to mention, I moved the stuff, not the dirt under the stuff. Very pleased with this investment.

I'll give the Summit kit a B+. It was certainly easy to install. I didn't have to do any cutting or grinding, and took very minimal amount of hardware loose on the machine. One bolt on the FEL boom for the bracket. 6 nuts and 2 bolts, and loosening 2 more bolts let me get the seat mount out of the way so I could finish the plumbing in the back. Lots of big zip ties that I already had did not come in the kit. The harness for the solenoids is not marked for which valve is who. I accidentally got it the way I wanted it so that the top valve was open, and the bottom was close. I was ready to swap hoses, if need be, but didn't have to.

I know, I know, a grill guard is on my to-do list, as well as some ROPS lighting and a belly pan for the suction filter. I also need a guard for the fuel filter. I managed to knock it loose one time. Thought I broke it, but I took it off and put it back on, and it didn't leak any more. This thing was so much fun I stayed out till after dark with it today. Probably a lot closer to that 200 hour service now. That's probably the next thing I'll do. Bought the oil and filters yesterday.

Reactions: 9 users

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
After getting my new to me 3 PT snowblower last winter and using a headlamp for trying to see where I was going and just didn't cut it ordered a 2 piece 18W LED light kit for the roll bar and got em hooked up AND working today.
The kit was cheap at $30 and came with a generic wiring harness which included an on/off switch, fuse and relay.
The harness was meant to hook up to the battery but was't long enough
so got it wired to the left rear fender factory auxiliary wire with some butchering of the harness. cut and spliced a little lol
That wire is live with the key switch in the on position so the switch is good that the lights are only on when you need em.
The black wire got grounded to a 1/2 " bolt on the lower end of the seat bracket .
I did say cheap right ? I added some sealant around the glass it didn't look all that watertight on a couple sides of the housing and some reviewers complained about them fogging up.
I can see where I'm going now ! Let it snow.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Used the grading scraper to level some soil off.

20221105_140425.jpg

And a quick bath. Windows were filthy so may as well do the whole tractor.

20221105_142328.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Time to get the snow blower out and put the land plane in.

20221105_150208.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Pulled off the BH77 backhoe, and the FEL, and put on the 3PT hitch, pine needle rake, and on the front, the snowblower. Pretty much ensures it won't snow now..

Reactions: 1 users