What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Last chapter of my new lawn project.

I had finished fertilizing and seeding and just needed to rake it enough to get the seed covered with a little soil. Started doing it by hand. With what small amount I did yesterday and some additional today I figured it would be 20 man hours. So I enlisted my son to give me a hand. He went to the closest TSC to pick up a second rake. It was about that time I decided to look for a drag harrow instead.

Sure enough TSC had one. Not at the store he went to but eventually the 3rd one he was directed to had one.

drag_harrow_20210913_145941_resized.jpg

I did multiple passes with the tines facing down. It did a perfectly acceptable job in just over 15 minutes. Then I spent another 15 manually raking the spots it couldn't reach.

Then start the watering :)
1st_watering_20210913_154027_resized.jpg

The next images I post will (hopefully) be a nice green lawn.

Reactions: 3 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Looks like that drag harrow did a mighty fine job!! Certainly easier than raking it in by hand, I'll bet!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Planted 1.5 acres of rye grain, clover & purple top turnups with my M4050 and planter. Then I made the final cut on my perimeter trails in preparation for deer season with my B7100.

View attachment 65882 View attachment 65883
Nice to see the old equipment still in use today! Wish I would have rescued my dad's old drop seeder before it went to the scrapper.

Here's my old Cockshutt planter, circa 1930's maybe, that was pulled out of the woods 20 yrs ago and brought back to life. It's no "air seeder" but has earned it's extended keep in the sweet corn field for the last 20 yrs. LOL! The tires hold air just long enough for an afternoon's work. It sports a nice patina these days and gets a lot of looks from passers by when out planting each spring!
1930s Cockshutt Corn Planter.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The CUTS and SCUTS most of us have are sometimes compared to Swiss Army knives, versatile and good at a lot of stuff but usually not as good at whatever as a single purpose machine. This past weekend was a “Swiss Army knife” weekend with a list of little jobs for the Kubota that required several wardrobe changes. I didn’t take many pics but forgot to turn off the Arlos so ended up with a few anyway.

Had a few areas that have been left unmowed for months while Dad’s bees were working clover and other stuff growing there. The clover quit blooming and the bees had moved to other areas so it was time for some cleanup with the bush hog. Small areas, but lots of trees so the HST is really sweet as it’s a bit tedious.
02B0139A-0A27-4C7A-8AD2-7AA3738BB7BF.jpeg
A08740A0-F4DB-4B38-8F0C-01F6CBB0DBCE.jpeg
EAA5C0D8-A298-4D2C-A898-962320EB68FE.jpeg
EA4A11CA-DD84-4A66-9D51-DA3383143EA8.jpeg
521E7DA0-A4D0-4A6B-B930-8416E0517E0E.jpeg
9F700103-F1CD-490B-8DF5-304687B8A9B4.jpeg
Pulled down a small half rotten grape arbor with a couple of deer destroyed vines on it. Some of the wood was still usable so the forks were perfect for surgically dismantling it and transporting the usable lumber to the shed for storage.
977CF63E-10FF-4969-80F8-4449560AAAE5.png

Off with the forks and on with the bucket to move a large cast iron pot with a bush in it, move some rose bushes to isolate them from the voracious deer herd, get a load of dirt from one of the creeks to fill the holes left at the grape arbor and rose bushes, then a load of mulch from the chip pile to tidy up the disturbed areas. The thing in the bucket is the storage dolly for the grapple. All the implement storage dollies have 500lb rated steel casters, except that one. It had some rubber wheeled casters from the salvage bin. No clue what they’re rated for. Worked great for a couple of years. Saturday morning, one blew apart when I set the grapple on it to swap out for the forks. It came back to the shop for an after the sun went down re-shoeing with steel casters.
0E794E41-B72F-45D4-86DD-EE2F4B742D9C.png

Finally, making it small for mowing in with all those trees. Off with the loader, down with the ROPS, and on with the bush hog. First time my father saw it configured that way he said, “Now it actually looks like a tractor.” I was unable to disagree.
FB179932-947D-4E0A-AEA3-D36D123BE5B2.png

Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Swapped the bucket for the EA grapple and removed some old railroad ties and posts from the 100 yard target berm. I'll burn them later this year. I picked up and moved a couple of boulders too, and picked up a massive bolder that I want to move but realized that I need to have a box blade or similar on the back for ballast.

I put the bucket back on and pushed the berm dirt back into a taller mound in preparation for more dirt that's coming from the new driveway project. Started cutting off the sod where the new driveway is going and EA's tooth bar lives up to its wicked name.

I also did a bit more excavating by the house and ran into the septic tank outflow pipe and will need to figure out how to deal with that so that I can use the area for parking trailers and such.

It was a lovely evening last night and I can't heap enough praise on the MX. Such an awesome tractor and the more I use it the more I see the value in having open station and cabbed tractors. There was no need for a cab last night.

clean_up_04.jpg

clean_up_03.jpg

clean_up_02.jpg

clean_up_01.jpg

new_driveway.jpg

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Been awhile since I've done much with my l2501.. now at 104 hours..

Today I forked this stupid pointy poky palm thing that I hate that cut me a few times. was very hard to clear weeds around it, and mow near it as it stuck out 3 feet.. got me for the last time yesterday when I mowed..

So I put the forks about 5 inches apart and tried to get under the roots and pull it up...was lifting the back wheels off the ground.. so I got the forks under the roots and drove forward while pulling up a little till it popped out.. take that you sob!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Big day for me with the tractor :)
The promised delivery of my Wicked 55 grapple actually happened.
20210915_140706_resized.jpg

20210915_160017_resized.jpg

I was thrilled that my hydraulic plumbing worked! I ran lines from my 3rd rear remote to loader. No runs, no leaks, no errors.

20210915_160027_resized.jpg

Need to grease everything and trim up those hoses. At the same time all the implements I used on the lawn project had to be put away. The tiller is being stored inside in my basement garage. I had to make room for it and still be able to get my (new to me) snow blower out. Will need a couple more furniture dollies but ok for now.

20210915_160615_resized.jpg

So many projects, so little time!

Reactions: 14 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put the forks on and boxblade for ballast and took it to work and moved a lot of pallets. Much better than a hand cart.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Big day for me with the tractor :)
The promised delivery of my Wicked 55 grapple actually happened.

I was thrilled that my hydraulic plumbing worked! I ran lines from my 3rd rear remote to loader. No runs, no leaks, no errors.

Need to grease everything and trim up those hoses. At the same time all the implements I used on the lawn project had to be put away. The tiller is being stored inside in my basement garage. I had to make room for it and still be able to get my (new to me) snow blower out. Will need a couple more furniture dollies but ok for now.

So many projects, so little time!
That is awesome! I like the orange and the new hose routing. I like the lab too. :D

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Rototilled the corn patch today after the flail mower had chopped up the stalks and residue. All went well while tilling the actual corn rows.
Rototilled Corn Patch.jpg

However…..On one end of the field, contractors had been burying fiber optic cable along the road’s ROW which was right on the inside edge of the field. Their mini ex and bobcat had compacted the ground so hard it was like a rock! Only a couple passes on that end with the tiller and it suddenly stopped tilling. Oh, oh! And yes, the slip clutch was set and working as my tilling speed had to be adjusted when the slip clutch started to slip while tilling the corn rows. The PTO shaft was turning but not the tiller’s shaft with the blades. Sure glad I didn’t start tilling the field’s headland first.

Back to the shop for a tiller autopsy. Hoping to find a shear pin or soft key sheared. Nope! The splined stub axle for the drive gear was inserted into and joined to the round tubing shaft with the mounted tines with a bead of welding from the factory. The poor weld had finally broken loose and the stub axle would spin in that hollow tube. It looked like only a couple of spots had the weld actually penetrated both the splined axle and the tubing. Guessing the poor weld had deteriorated with rust/moisture over the years and finally let loose with the vibration in that extra hard ground. Hart to believe it’s held up all these years.
Howard Rotvator_LI (3).jpg Lower Splined Shaft.jpg Splined Stub Shaft.jpg Poor Factory Welds.jpg

I’m hoping that complete shaft can be removed without taking off all the tines. Or maybe just on one end. It’s going to be a little bit of work to prepare for a few minutes of welding. :(

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Rototilled the corn patch today after the flail mower had chopped up the stalks and residue. All went well while tilling the actual corn rows.
View attachment 66145

However…..On one end of the field, contractors had been burying fiber optic cable along the road’s ROW which was right on the inside edge of the field. Their mini ex and bobcat had compacted the ground so hard it was like a rock! Only a couple passes on that end with the tiller and it suddenly stopped tilling. Oh, oh! And yes, the slip clutch was set and working as my tilling speed had to be adjusted when the slip clutch started to slip while tilling the corn rows. The PTO shaft was turning but not the tiller’s shaft with the blades. Sure glad I didn’t start tilling the field’s headland first.

Back to the shop for a tiller autopsy. Hoping to find a shear pin or soft key sheared. Nope! The splined stub axle for the drive gear was inserted into and joined to the round tubing shaft with the mounted tines with a bead of welding from the factory. The poor weld had finally broken loose and the stub axle would spin in that hollow tube. It looked like only a couple of spots had the weld actually penetrated both the splined axle and the tubing. Guessing the poor weld had deteriorated with rust/moisture over the years and finally let loose with the vibration in that extra hard ground. Hart to believe it’s held up all these years.
View attachment 66146 View attachment 66147 View attachment 66148 View attachment 66149

I’m hoping that complete shaft can be removed without taking off all the tines. Or maybe just on one end. It’s going to be a little bit of work to prepare for a few minutes of welding. :(
What a nice field. Sorry to hear about your problem today, but as you said, you had many years of trouble free use. I bet your repair will be better than factory and you'll get many more years out of the rototiller.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What a nice field. Sorry to hear about your problem today, but as you said, you had many years of trouble free use. I bet your repair will be better than factory and you'll get many more years out of the rototiller.
Thanks! Yeah, the Red River Valley has some pretty nice soil. In this spot the rich black top soil is close to 2 feet deep.

This tiller certainly doesn't owe me anything. A few years ago, the original gears and chain finally wore out. No replacements. So I found some weld on hubs and flat gear to match. A little machining on my little lathe had the gears matched to the hubs and back in business. this repair should have it running for many years again and it will certainly be better than the original welding.

Since the wife is gone for the weekend, I could've spent tomorrow sitting in the shade with a cooler of beer. But now I have something better to do! :ROFLMAO:

David

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Since the wife is gone for the weekend, I could've spent tomorrow sitting in the shade with a cooler of beer. But now I have something better to do! :ROFLMAO:
Surely you wouldn't waste alone time by fixing things. Drink the beer tomorrow, fix the tiller when she's back....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
Cleaned up the side of the house a little. What’s NOT shown is the previous owners cluster.. of a wood framed greenhouse and 4 million weed/plants. Put in a pad for the new shed as well.

Attachments

clarksvilleal

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, BSS65 Box Blade, 6' Landscape Rake, Wallenstein BXM32 shredder
May 28, 2011
Maryland
Installed 3 Bolt-On hooks and clevis mounts on my LX3310 60" bucket:
Bolt-on Hooks - 1.jpg
Bolt-on Hooks - 2.jpg

D

Deleted member 47704

Started taking tractor apart to add cruise control and tilt wheel.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Surely you wouldn't waste alone time by fixing things. Drink the beer tomorrow, fix the tiller when she's back....
Paul, your advice was spot on…..so I took it. What a boring, uneventful but fine day it was!

Uneventful Sluff Off Day.JPG

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users