What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’ve heard that noise before. I didn’t laugh when I heard it. Sorta like hitting your funny bone, ain’t nuttin’ funny bout that, either. Everybody else laughs though.
This is one of our work detail mowers, they don’t care about anything, especially greasing a mower.

Turned out to be a $450 act of laziness.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is one of our work detail mowers, they don’t care about anything, especially greasing a mower.

Turned out to be a $450 act of laziness.
Didn't you get the memo? Rotating parts don't need greasing ... at least that's the PM dogma according to some here.

• Haha

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hooked the tractor up to the generator around 5:30am and ran it for an hour and half so wife could get ready for work. Power went out at 9:15 the night before when a big tree fell off a bank and wiped out the main feed line for our side of the town and the town next to us.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Didn't you get the memo? Rotating parts don't need greasing ... at least that's the PM dogma according to some here.
i have a few friends who used to make fun of how much time i spend doing maintenance on my equipment. On my trailers, i pull and grease the wheel bearings once a year. The tractor gets washed on a regular basis, and greased at a minimum every 10 hrs, i coat everything with rust film before storage etc. i even do full checks on my vehicles once a month. my new truck may have the TPMS installed; however i will still check the tires.

an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of broken crap. (probably messed that quote up)

Reactions: 5 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Here in our part of Wi fruitcakes regeneration is almost impossible with the deer population we have here. Lucky for you your woods can recover with that severe of a cutting. My daughter is a DNR forester here and says it is a serious problem for any new growth at all.....just sayin.
There is some deer pressure here too but there will enough mature trees remaining that the effects of browsing should not be an issue.
A larger issue is, once the canopy is opened and sunlight can penetrate to the forest floor, large ferns seem to proliferate and choke out other growth.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
For some time now, I’ve been looking forward with great anticipation to the ultimate warning label; a warning label warning of the danger of warning labels.

I have much confidence in The State of California to come up with a reason to mandate it on all products that have warning labels.

And I would really appreciate CARB getting out of my life. I don’t live in California yet I see numerous products here that are proudly labeled CARB compliant, like I give one crap about CARB.

And the warning labels that say everything under the sun is “Known to the State of California to cause cancer.” Again I don’t live in California. I don’t need that crap trashing up my stuff. I live in North Carolina with my neighbor’s tobacco field basically in my front yard. North Carolina is still debating whether cigarettes cause cancer. I sure ain’t worried whether my ball peen hammer causes cancer if I’m dumb enough to lick it clean.

Rant over. I feel better now. If anyone questions why this is in the What Did You Do on Your Kubota Today thread, I read a warning label on my Kubota today. 🙂

View attachment 64708
This Rant is Known to the State of California to cause cancer. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Given they're putting cancer warnings on coffee, I interpret all those warnings as saying "this is roughly as dangerous as drinking coffee, take that into account when you decide whether you care."
My son got some new turnout gear that is designed to help prevent cancer for firefighters - it came with that label...

'nuff said, I'll drop it now.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Condensate line reroute at Dad’s house finished up this morning after running out of pipe and daylight a couple of days ago (post 9711). Might sound stupid, but a single fork on the forklift rack did a nice job of busting up the brick hard clay to keep the trench relatively narrow.

While we were hand digging to find the plastic line Wednesday night, we heard the distinctive sound of a large tree falling. This afternoon wife and I took the Mule to run all the trails to see if we could find it to see if it was a problem. Found two. What we heard was probably the rotten maple as it’s only about 250 yards from where we were standing at the time. The other one was a borer beetled pine pretty far out so I doubt we would have heard that one. Both were trash; bare minimum chainsaw work and cleared the trails. Both combined took about 45 minutes. Grapples and loaders are good things…

Maple before
8E4DBF84-B342-4BD1-9C64-D881034FD906.jpeg

After
4EFD0B48-4A3F-4B3E-926C-306CE1A4B7A3.jpeg

Pine before. It was like moving a big phone pole; straight as an arrow and not a limb on it.
A70632D8-0BB9-4939-A265-180793EE6ED0.jpeg

For after pic on the pine just imagine the same pic without the tractor, tree on the ground, and the lumpy middle aged guy doing I really don’t know what. 🙂

Reactions: 3 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The evolution continues. Finished up LX brush guard.

Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Greased loader,those Dewalt cordless greasers are the bomb.

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Dad and I mowed. Got out early to try to beat the rain, which we did.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Used the bucket as a wagon to bring my 'supplies' into the woods so I could finish running my camera and power wires to the street. Then brought more fill to cover a trench.
Filled the tank and garaged it, put the generator batteries on the charger and am waiting for the hurricane.

Reactions: 2 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
B737 how about gettin that tractor a little dirty for us please! Nice new and shiny gives us all orange envy!:love:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Used the bucket as a wagon to bring my 'supplies' into the woods so I could finish running my camera and power wires to the street. Then brought more fill to cover a trench.
Filled the tank and garaged it, put the generator batteries on the charger and am waiting for the hurricane.
Here’s hoping that you won’t need your generator and that you don’t receive any damage from Henri. Stay safe and dry

KubotaDuluth

Equipment
L2501
Mar 14, 2021
Minnesota
Greased loader,those Dewalt cordless greasers are the bomb.
I added a LockNLube coupler to mine after I ripped a zerk fitting off my loader. Now with the Dewalt and the LockNLube, there is no excuse for not greasing.

(I have no affiliation with lock n lube, just been happy with mine.)

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Picked the last of the (good) apples for this year.
406327F2-4ADB-4FD1-99BD-A6B21D9749E2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
B737 how about gettin that tractor a little dirty for us please! Nice new and shiny gives us all orange envy!:love:
im almost ready to start scraping the paint off the bucket, just need tooth bar to arrive :ROFLMAO: and then its into the woods!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Here’s hoping that you won’t need your generator and that you don’t receive any damage from Henri. Stay safe and dry
It missed us - last night it moved east about 50 mi - RI and eastern CT taking the hit. We are just going to get a bucket of rain and some winds.

D

Deleted member 47704

I added a LockNLube coupler to mine after I ripped a zerk fitting off my loader. Now with the Dewalt and the LockNLube, there is no excuse for not greasing.

(I have no affiliation with lock n lube, just been happy with mine.)
I have a locking coupler, not locknlube. But might change to a Locknlube extended coupler.