What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that I had my first regen. Right around 42 hrs on it. I was expecting it to be a lot sooner, but, whatever.
Gotta say, the little sticker on the fender is a little misleading. When this light is flashing, press this button and raise RPMs...
Oh, I see, but I didn't notice that it was assuming the button was already depressed, and you're supposed to be pressing it to turn OFF the regen delay... So that cost me 10 or 15 minutes. Whatever. After I figured it out it went off without a problem.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Buaahaaaha!! I sense a tractor mower purchase in your future 🙌
I've actually got a line on a free riding mower. GMIL recently moved in with M&FIL. As soon as the house sells I'm told we'll be getting the mower.
It's not exactly a Kubota zero turn, but I'm a sucker for free.

Reactions: 1 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Cleaning up the old beast of a finishing mower. Anyone know if it’s possible to cap off the side discharge and turn this into a rear discharge? Is there anything different underneath a deck depending on the discharge? I can cut and weld no problem. Someone in the past cut out above the one pulley to make it easier to grease. Not a bad idea but I’m going to make a cover for it. eventually it’s going to get repainted.

2AE9BBB8-3225-4F06-9863-232ECEDB3F1C.jpeg

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Foobert well theres a few ways you can use a post pounder$$$ or you can use a maul, $ or you can push them in the ground with tractor loader$$ I use my bucket.. used excavator bucket before too and o have I put my fair share of posts in with a maul. But now I up graded to my bucket for most the ones I cant get to go in by hand though.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I wanted to mention I used Zep Industrial Purple Degreaser on the top of the deck. $10 for a gallon of concentrate. Worked very well.

Thinking it will work well on the ‘Moline too. ...

View attachment 58763
Just a follow up.

Did a test on the old ‘Moline from a diluted spray bottle of the ZEP Degreaser Concentrate, and this stuff works well.

Didn't spend much time on it...just a test.

Didn’t do a before picture, but this is much better than before.

0CAF22B6-00D8-4125-B95A-CD392D9157D2.jpeg

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
DirtyDeed.... I’m bran-pharrted... what/who is “twp”..? Do they guarantee there’s no dioxin or other bad stuff in that dirt?

CTFJR: My pallet forks are also difficult to slide varying widths. Mine were custom-made by Hayspear dot com and I’ve really enjoyed them, but after two years those forks are still argumentive. I guess that’s because I got them where I want them and rarely move them and I just don’t want to smear a bunch of grease on the slides.
I will give a good “plug” for Hayspear folks. Good, Strong, well-made (painted the correct color) and priced right also.
(Diversion: I wanted pin-on forks because I did not want the weight/cost of SSQA conversion for my pin-on LA1002 FEL. I chose a Kubota-style QA instead.** Hayspeardid a good job and supplied pins with it.

**I chose a QA system like this:

Made by dananna (at) gmail. Really good quality and far less expensive and less weight than SSQA.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
After I had hit my head a while back and put a fair gash in it from the sharp pieces of steel on the FEL arms that limit the bucket rotation, I took a disk grinder and rounded the corners off. It may hurt if I bump it now, but is won't put a gash in my scalp.
Also, I made a couple of v-shaped pieces of spring steel to put on the studs that secure the front of the engine bonnet at the front. These were always a pain, you could just loosen them and slide the bonnet out, but to get it back in place you had to take the nuts and washers off because there was no way to hold them up while you slide the bonnet back in place. Now I can just loosen them up, slide it out, and then just slide it back in place and tighten them down again. Easy Peasy.
IMG_20210427_135738054 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20210427_135744372 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20210427_152546226 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20210427_152634322 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20210427_152715019 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20210427_153144776 (Custom).jpg

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
DirtyDeed.... I’m bran-pharrted... what/who is “twp”..? Do they guarantee there’s no dioxin or other bad stuff in that dirt?

CTFJR: My pallet forks are also difficult to slide varying widths. Mine were custom-made by Hayspear dot com and I’ve really enjoyed them, but after two years those forks are still argumentive. I guess that’s because I got them where I want them and rarely move them and I just don’t want to smear a bunch of grease on the slides.
I will give a good “plug” for Hayspear folks. Good, Strong, well-made (painted the correct color) and priced right also.
(Diversion: I wanted pin-on forks because I did not want the weight/cost of SSQA conversion for my pin-on LA1002 FEL. I chose a Kubota-style QA instead.** Hayspeardid a good job and supplied pins with it.

**I chose a QA system like this:

Made by dananna (at) gmail. Really good quality and far less expensive and less weight than SSQA.
Looks just like the one that Kubota used to sell for the B series tractors. I have one of the Kubota ones, on my B2920. Works great and low cost

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Foobert well theres a few ways you can use a post pounder$$$ or you can use a maul, $ or you can push them in the ground with tractor loader$$ I use my bucket.. used excavator bucket before too and o have I put my fair share of posts in with a maul. But now I up graded to my bucket for most the ones I cant get to go in by hand though.
DOH - I never thought of using the loader for that purpose. Sometimes you just can't see the obvious

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
GeoHorn, TWP is township. My guess is the material came from ditch clean outs or stream maintenance. For me it is a county task and they will only let you keep what they pull out of your ditch or stream.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
More rooting and grapple work. I'm enjoying this HLA grapple.

20210428_200519.jpg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I swapped my chipper for the post hole digger as I'm having another load of large plants delivered tomorrow. Oh yeah, btw when backing into the basement garage to drop the chipper on it's rolling frame I ripped off the trim board of the overhead door. wtf! I was watching to see if I would have to drop the rops. Perhaps I should have been watching how high the chipper's discharge chute was.
I'll never learn :(

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I swapped my chipper for the post hole digger as I'm having another load of large plants delivered tomorrow. Oh yeah, btw when backing into the basement garage to drop the chipper on it's rolling frame I ripped off the trim board of the overhead door. wtf! I was watching to see if I would have to drop the rops. Perhaps I should have been watching how high the chipper's discharge chute was.
I'll never learn :(
That’s sucks. Knock on wood i haven’t hit anything on accident yet. I always try to keep my head on a swivel when moving. Never looking at the same thing for too long. I did get really close to the wife’s bumper one day, close enough that she moved her car lol

vanhanz

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, Hustler SD60, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans 4x4
Aug 1, 2018
GA
Right now I'm trying to clean up the property of logs and sticks because our burn ban starts in two days. Using the grapple for the logs and the bucket to get the smaller sticks. My 2 year old likes it when I park the 'bota, but the bucket on the ground and turn it off around a bunch of little sticks so she can help. I have to stop her sometimes because she's very detailed and wants to get every single piece of wood, down to splinter sized.

Also cutting off stumps from trees that I previously cut down so i can burn those too.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Just finished moving everything, my ssqa-v, snow blower, tiller to beside the garage, tossed the grapple and box blade on my trailer, put on the backhoe and moved the trailer onto the front yard. Getting a big rotten tree taken down this weekend and I had everything sitting beside it. Will be updating my driveway expansion thread later as I plan on getting the part that isn’t the tree dug up and the soil repurposed today.

TSC (peavy mart) has this cat 1 QH going on sale for 249 tomorrow, I may pick one up. I understand that will push my implants back 3” ish. So I’m going to have to check out my PTO shafts. As they sit right now on the blower and tiller they were cut at the absolute minimum Needed to fit without the QH. My rear mower came with a long extra piece so I can shorten it to fit the QH.

2247BAF3-7364-4692-9A2B-507AC2C6E4E8.jpeg

aug1113

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 8, 2020
Arizona
Just finished moving everything, my ssqa-v, snow blower, tiller to beside the garage, tossed the grapple and box blade on my trailer, put on the backhoe and moved the trailer onto the front yard. Getting a big rotten tree taken down this weekend and I had everything sitting beside it. Will be updating my driveway expansion thread later as I plan on getting the part that isn’t the tree dug up and the soil repurposed today.

TSC (peavy mart) has this cat 1 QH going on sale for 249 tomorrow, I may pick one up. I understand that will push my implants back 3” ish. So I’m going to have to check out my PTO shafts. As they sit right now on the blower and tiller they were cut at the absolute minimum Needed to fit without the QH. My rear mower came with a long extra piece so I can shorten it to fit the QH.

View attachment 59033
That QH looks just like the one I bought at Harbor Freight for $89 w/20% coupon.