What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Started the clean and service mower deck process.

I clean it and change gearbox every year, but it needs a good job. Prime and paint, maybe new belt, etc.

Was enough crud under it that I went at it with a wire wheel on a die grinder.

Today is my birthday. First time I remember thinking about mowing this early.

761404B5-AD73-427E-B284-4BF9AA833BFE.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Happy Birthday... You're not too far from some of my clan... Cortland / McGraw area.
Thanks.

My roots are closer to your clan....graduated from Homer High School. Homer is next door to Cortland. Wife is a Cortland HS Graduate.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Started the clean and service mower deck process.

I clean it and change gearbox every year, but it needs a good job. Prime and paint, maybe new belt, etc.

Was enough crud under it that I went at it with a wire wheel on a die grinder.

Today is my birthday. First time I remember thinking about mowing this early.

View attachment 58516
Happy Birthday RCW!

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thanks.

My roots are closer to your clan....graduated from Homer High School. Homer is next door to Cortland. Wife is a Cortland HS Graduate.
Speaking of Cortland. . .
Is there a Pokeville nearby? If there is, is/was there a small motel called 'Les' New Motel' ??

and happy B'day!

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This clay BS in my yard is irritating. I can’t get my tiller out. Can’t put the snow blower away. Once half load restrictions are off the roads I think about 44tons of dirt will help. I may need to get some r1s.
View attachment 57738
R14's baby, R14's. I have absolutely no complaint about traction with 'em. I think my little LX is fully capable of climbing trees. Managed to stall it twice today doing my thang. Not because it doesn't have enough power, but because I work it like I stole it. Haven't done my "What did you do today" yet. Coming shortly.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I had a guy come out yesterday and drop that sketchy ash along with a nearby maple that was also damaged and another problem tree.

I then took over with the clean up. The Ego saw, the Husky 50 and the Kubota are all getting the job done.

Cutting it all into rounds and dumping them in a pile out back so I can rent a splitter and get my money's worth.

The heaviest section of the ash was cut to about 20' and I laid out some 4' logs and hooked it up tot he tractor to create a nice log roll......worked like a charm. Then gave the Husky a workout bucking that up.....

I have been impressed with the 2601 pulling out logs, hasn't even begun to struggle or break traction.
View attachment 57962 View attachment 57963 View attachment 57964 View attachment 57965 View attachment 57966 View attachment 57967
Splitter for ash? Really? Ash is one of the easiest woods to split. My weapon of choice was a 3 lb double bit axe, which I still have to this day. We cut ash exclusively for stove wood for a wood stove in my step-grandparent's kitchen. I'd split a load of wood, my step-dad's mother would make a pan of biscuits and his dad would break out a can of cane molasses we made the previous autumn to go along with the hand-churned butter I'd milked the cow for the cream to make the butter from. The last load of ash we'd cut every year normally had at least a dozen 42" pieces for axe, pick, and sledgehammer handles, which we'd take to the grist mill with us to sell while we waited for the next year's supply of corn meal to be ground. That's how I got 'spendin' money' around the farm as a kid. Life was simpler then, and I thought I had it hard. We normally put several loads of red oak aside for the fire place, which we save the ashes from for scalding pigs for slaughter every autumn. I'd take the old 8N or the Cub Farmall out with the trailer to pick up fat pine knots and stumps for kindling, which ever I could get started. The Farmall was the surest bet with the hand-crank. Both were still 6 volt systems that rarely had a working battery in them. If I was lucky, Pop (step-grandfather) would leave the 8N with the nose pointed out of the shed so I could push it out and get it started down the hill for a roll-start. I thought I was being tortured back then, but realize how good a life I had now.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Speaking of Cortland. . .
Is there a Pokeville nearby? If there is, is/was there a small motel called 'Les' New Motel' ??

and happy B'day!
Yep - - Lester's Motel in Polkville. Name's changed, but still there.

Place has always been known as being a little sketchy....

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
cleared some more brush with the toothbar... hogged some for the first run of the season..

cleared even more brush from around some redbuds for my wife. now they will be part of the yard that gets mowed.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Yep - - Lester's Motel in Polkville. Name's changed, but still there.

Place has always been known as being a little sketchy....
Thank you very much for the info. Big Smile :)
I was an editor for the Northeastern News (Boston) in the late 60's. Although I wasn't normally involved in sports coverage I was asked to drive to Cortland to cover an NU - Cortland football game. I roped a reporter who had written some very funny articles for me to come with me. She agreed and we stayed in Les' New Motel (at least that's the name I remember). It was a dump then but I had no $$ so it was perfect. She ended up writing a great article on the game.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Greased the loader and used the boxblade to scrape the driveway. The grapple is teasing me every time I walk past the tractor. The ground is still very soft here and the snow a couple of days ago didn't help. Soon...

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
took a gnarly, muddy driveway that kept holding water, graded it, lowered the grade immediately next to the driveway and made a small swale to take the water away. Then spread 30 tons of 3/4". I dont know how I ever lived without top-n-tilt. Making the swale was so easy with it.

Reactions: 15 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
took a gnarly, muddy driveway that kept holding water, graded it, lowered the grade immediately next to the driveway and made a small swale to take the water away. Then spread 30 tons of 3/4".
You truly made chicken pie out of chicken mess. Outstanding !!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
took a gnarly, muddy driveway that kept holding water, graded it, lowered the grade immediately next to the driveway and made a small swale to take the water away.
737 - - - looks like my many iterations on my own driveway over 30 years. My wife would literally sink in years ago.

You did a great job!

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
took a gnarly, muddy driveway that kept holding water, graded it, lowered the grade immediately next to the driveway and made a small swale to take the water away. Then spread 30 tons of 3/4". I dont know how I ever lived without top-n-tilt. Making the swale was so easy with it.
It's all about having the right tools and the knowledge to put them to work.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Primed and painted bottom of mower deck. Far from quality work, but had a lot of bare metal.

I’m color blind, and my wife isn’t home....is the color a close match???? :unsure:

C7C48CCC-E330-4289-91A8-A9DA28F4D638.jpeg

Just kidding.....had 2 rattle cans of New Holland Yellow on the shelf, and it’s the bottom of a mower deck.....nobody will see it but me (I hope....:oops:)!!

Waste not want not.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users