What bugs you?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
For many years, I was the youngster among my professional peers.

That said, I had more experiences, common sense, and problem-solving abilities than most of them.

I firmly believe being raised a poor farm kid and spending many years in the restaurant business helped me in my professional attitude and abilities.

I enjoyed the role.

That's changed.

Last 10 years realized I'm now the "old man" everyone consults because:
  1. They're inept.
  2. They have no common sense.
  3. They have no ability for independent thought processes or analyses (i.e. problem solving).
  4. They have to be spoon-fed direction.
  5. They have no desire to bolster any of skills 1-4....(tell me what I should do/think).
Granted, I have many more years in the "system" than most, but they just don't get it.....I see very few of those "youngsters" looking to achieve.

Maybe time for retirement....

That's what bugs me.....
I was there last month. Then I retired. They’ll survive. Or not. Either way, I’m retired.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Keeping with the YouTube theme: “joke” instructional videos. A “joke” is something humorous. Framing, wiring, repairing, installing, etc. something completely incorrectly without any disclaimer or notice isn’t humorous.

Worse: People who can’t mind their own business. Always something to say about how long your grass is, how long your trash cans are out, etc., etc. And they act like their irrelevant opinion has the force of law. Mostly people who moved to rural areas from metro areas.

Example: One of my wife’s friends. Last summer she stopped by to see my wife with her husband in tow. I’d met him before but never at our place. I know his 1000SF yard is immaculate and he mows at least once a week when it’s not growing much, sometimes every day when it’s growing well. He almost immediately started going on about our yard not being 100% fescue, how it should be “fixed”, why it should be shorter, why a yard (which no one can even see unless they turn down the private road we live on) should be immaculate to reflect well on the man who cares for it. Asked him if he thought the yard he was standing in was the only grass I had to deal with. He did. Told the ladies we’d be back in a bit, put him in the Mule, and showed him ALL the grass and road maintenance I have to deal with. Asked him if he knew I also work 50 to 70 hours a week (this was before I retired). He apologized. Said he had no idea. He thought we just had our yard and everything around us was owned by developers.

And that’s the problem. People “think” they know everything when they don’t know jack, yet sit in self righteous judgement on matters that don’t concern or effect them. So yeah, that bugs me.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What bug me.....

When there is discussion in "OFF TOPIC" and someone complains because this is a tractor forum and they didn't come here to read THIS.

Reactions: 3 users

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
What bug me.....

When there is discussion in "OFF TOPIC" and someone complains because this is a tractor forum and they didn't come here to read THIS.
Now that you've brought it up _________________________😒

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
All good my friend. Michigan and Ohio folks have been making fun of each other's driving habits since before I was born. Then it moved into college football remarks. I miss Woody and Bo....
Similar to what I experienced when we lived in northern Illinois. Every time we went to Wisconsin (beautiful state). We were called Fib’rs. Took a while to figure that one out. Then we moved to Boston and they were referred to as massholes for their driving skills. After commuting in both Chicago and Boston, traffic in Columbus doesn’t bother me in the least. We have no idea what traffic is here.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
You know what really burns my butt?

a flame about 3 ft high.
Thank you and good night

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
My 2016 Colorado has an annoying feature. Every so often, there is a message on the touch screen that says "You shouldn't take your eyes off of the road when driving". You have to touch the "OK" icon exactly right in the geometric center to clear it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
I think the real issue is 99% of drivers between Ohio and Quebec don't know how to drive even in good weather
Having ridden a motorcycle all across the US and Eastern Canada I can safely say that the scariest place I've ridden is Montreal.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Parking at the gas pump then going inside before pumping gas. Just watched a gal do it and it reminded me that I find it annoying. Also dumping your liquids in a parking lot. Just throw it away, I shouldn’t have to navigate your mess to get inside a business. Always wondered if they do the same in their driveway.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Parking at the gas pump then going inside before pumping gas. Just watched a gal do it and it reminded me that I find it annoying. Also dumping your liquids in a parking lot. Just throw it away, I shouldn’t have to navigate your mess to get inside a business. Always wondered if they do the same in their driveway.
I'll go you one better- going into the truck stop to take a shower before pumping gas. Seen it several times.
Dumping grey & black tanks in the forest before leaving when camping. Seen it several times also.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users