What bugs you?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What bugs me? It is watching YouTube videos and seeing people beating on parts rather than using the correct tool to do the job. The second is people not taking the time to properly call a part by its correct name. If you are going to be making an instructional video, you should at least have an understanding of what you are doing, instead of floundering around trying to find your words. This is part of what makes me a Grumpy Old Man!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Unnecessary, loud and obnoxious "music" on ALL videos, and spending 10 minutes being a talking head and 2 minutes doing on "instructional" videos.

Reactions: 9 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
People who camp out in the left lane and drive under the posted speed limit. As far as YT videos, watched a guy tear down and rebuild the engine from a side by side. Didn’t clean the exterior, just wiped out interior with rags and didn’t clean up engine bay. Just put it back in dirt. My OCD was triggered big time. Invest in a pressure washer and some brake clean please….

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Not editing (or using 4x speed) when taking out 8 bolts on the same part.

Reactions: 3 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
What bugs me? It is watching YouTube videos and seeing people beating on parts rather than using the correct tool to do the job. The second is people not taking the time to properly call a part by its correct name. If you are going to be making an instructional video, you should at least have an understanding of what you are doing, instead of floundering around trying to find your words. This is part of what makes me a Grumpy Old Man!
What bugs me?
1. youtube video posts when a single photo will do the job
2. being forced to watch youtube commercials that are longer than bug #1
3. youtube presenters that just want to hear themselves talk and ramble incessantly about things they are clueless about

• Haha

Amarillo

Equipment
MX6000 w/ LA1065, tiller, disc, core aerator, box blade, shredder, Blast Sprayer
Jan 10, 2023
Amarillo, TX
Selfishness! I can't stand selfish behavior. Here's a few examples.... refusing to signal when driving, camping in the left lane, taking up more than one parking spot and not returning a shopping cart to the store or designated area. Yep, I've turned into a grumpy old man.

Reactions: 6 users

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Cold weather and rain, particularly cold rain. I have never been cold weather compatible and I get more incompatible with each passing year.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
not having enough space to fill in everything to the question 'what bugs you' !!!! :giggle:

lack of 'common sense' though is high on the list

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Common sense is not very common anymore. One of my favorite sayings along that line is you can’t fix stupid.

not having enough space to fill in everything to the question 'what bugs you' !!!! :giggle:

lack of 'common sense' though is high on the list

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
I think the thing that irritates me the most is when I see other people act as if their wants, likes, needs, opinions, thoughts, beliefs etc. matters whatsoever to another person. With social media these days, it seems like everyone wants to force their way onto everyone else.

Reactions: 6 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I like this guy. He owns a Kubota too, so he at least has that going for him. With a name like Applied OCD it has to be good!

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I think the thing that irritates me the most is when I see other people act as if their wants, likes, needs, opinions, thoughts, beliefs etc. matters whatsoever to another person. With social media these days, it seems like everyone wants to force their way onto everyone else.
nicely said.

I can add:

- high drama. not everything needs the end of the world treatment. Your server just forgot to bring you catsup....the world is not coming to an end.
- Those who think using extra loud voices or animated hand gestures somehow makes what they are saying more important.
- people who think the world revolves around them. The world is a big place with lots of different cultures, opinions, attitudes with many just trying to live a happy / healthy life for them and theirs.
- I may call a wrench a spanner, I may replace my tyres before the wear bars, and I may have blown snow on my approach when the wind chill was -35c this morning (-25c without wind chill) doesn't make me ignorant. And I like catsup on my frites.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Common sense is not very common anymore. One of my favorite sayings along that line is you can’t fix stupid.
Well, you can long term, but Eugenics is not PC. Humans are no different than cattle, dogs, or even plants that we have been breeding selectively for desireable traits for thousands of years. Our collapsing healthcare systems around the world are a direct result of decades of not only not improving the species but actively encouraging those with genetic issues to breed.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
Oh and the 2nd most annoying thing I see regularly is this... If you want to see the real maturity level of an adult, watch them drive their vehicle. Never in my life will I ever understand how a grown adult can behave like such a douchebag as when they are driving!!! They don't want to let you over, they want to make sure NO OTHER vehicle beats them to the end of a lane shift and gets in front of them, or beats them off the line at a stop light. It's sooooo childish!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I like this guy. He owns a Kubota too, so he at least has that going for him. With a name like Applied OCD it has to be good!
255 hours and not even a scratch in the paint inside the bucket!

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Unnecessary, loud and obnoxious "music" on ALL videos, and spending 10 minutes being a talking head and 2 minutes doing on "instructional" videos.
Our local TV station has a four note Dah - dah - dah --- dah that they blast out when the scenes change on the weather report. It's at least twice the volume of normal.

Ford's "ding ding ding" chime.

Music being louder than the narrator on the "whodunnit" shows.

Drivers who feel they must pull out in front of you (especially when nobody is following you for 1/4 mile) only to go slow or come to a complete stop to make a left turn.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I try not to focus on all the negative crap. YouTube has the option to slide the bar forward to skip whatever I don't want to hear/watch. I can also increase the playback speed to shorted "wasted" time, but I do learn quite a bit on various subjects.

Being upset with other peoples habits is a receipt for misery. You're upset with what they do and they don't know it or care.

I'm actually thankful I have the health to do what I enjoy doing and able to have the time and resources to do it.

Being grumpy could be a vitamin deficiency!!!!! ;) ;) ;)