What are you getting......

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What are you getting your significant other (all politically correct terms in use) for the present or upcoming religious holiday celebration? What got me thinking about this was this post in the joke thread. Now, I would like to show you what I have gotten for my "significant other" however, I dropped my camera today.
Anyone care to guess what I am going to be buying myself? :(

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I do not know what to buy her. If she wants something she goes to the bedroom and orders it. It shows up on my credit card and she is happy 2 or 3 days later. I think she is on a first name bases with the UPS driver. She made cookies for FEDEX driver.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
No significant other. Got myself a cordless air compressor a heat gun and an instant read thermometer.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
After 34 years of marital bliss, nothing of consequence. If she wants something, she buys it for herself. Same with me. I did get her a 250 buck TSC gift card and a Harbor Freight LED spotlight. Put them in a cardboard box and wrote her name on it with a felt tip marker.

Christmas is way too commercialized. It's about Christ being born, not the sale at Target or Walmart.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
After 34 years of marital bliss, nothing of consequence. If she wants something, she buys it for herself. Same with me.
Same here, except 42 years. She got the new vacuum & FitBit she wanted, & I found a couple more pre 1939 Czechslovakian perfume bottles for her collection. Also bought her some time a a local health spa- massage, mani/pedi, facial, whatever.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bought my wife 4 rolls of big wire... yea seriously... Electric Mains for her new house! :D

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just medical bills and other bills, Christmas dont mean much any more

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
After 34 years of marital bliss, nothing of consequence. If she wants something, she buys it for herself. Same with me. I did get her a 250 buck TSC gift card and a Harbor Freight LED spotlight. Put them in a cardboard box and wrote her name on it with a felt tip marker.

Christmas is way too commercialized. It's about Christ being born, not the sale at Target or Walmart.
Your right, Merry Christmas

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The GF has been complaining about her old rechargeable drill not holding a charge and she is always losing the chuck key, so I got her a new 3/8" 20V Dewalt drill. I gave it to her the other day when she was hanging some new curtain rods, she was very happy with it. She is a good seamstress, so I had her make me a cover for my HyperTherm plasma cutter.

My daughter, son in law and the grandkids are here from Florida for the week, so the house is full of holiday cheer, food and presents.

Merry Christmas to all the OTT brothers and sisters.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
100% agree. If people spent as much time seeking the Lord as they have spent the 36 billion dollars this past Saturday, the world would be a more peaceful and civilized place to live. Merry Christmas all and a blessed new year.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
100% agree. If people spent as much time seeking the Lord as they have spent the 36 billion dollars this past Saturday, the world would be a more peaceful and civilized place to live. Merry Christmas all and a blessed new year.
Church is Sunday morning ? Lol joking aside.
You are correct or just doing something good for change

Wife and I just give each other cards. And she usually gives a me a box of chocolate covered cherries.
If we want something we just go buy it. Like I got myself some new snow pants for when I snowblow the driveway. And a Sled lift jack for my snowmobile this year.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife and I sponsor a couple kids at the local deaf school. Her work actually sponsors one of the preschool classes. Which is around 30 kids.

The kids are usually abandoned by their parents at the school so every little bit helps. So, we got a weeks worth of clothes, plus sleep wear, shoes, boots, coats, hats, and mittens for two kids earlier this year. Then toys, coloring books, and children's books for 4 kids for christmas.

We actually spent more on clothes and gifts for those kids, then we do for our whole family.

My wife did get a Keyboard for christmas, as well as a new blanket for lounging around the house. And I got a new reclining chair. My old recliner broke when I got tackled by our over exuberant german shepherd :eek:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Wife and I will mark 45 years of marital "bliss" (mostly...) this coming Tuesday, New Year's Eve. For that and other reasons, we're well past expecting gifts from each other on the usual occasions.

I went to the co-op and picked up some lobsters for dinner and she'll cook them up. We'll both enjoy mass quantities.

We'll run up to our Baby Daughter's place (other daughter and son live too far away) and visit with her, our grandson, his girlfriend, our great granddaughter and the grand-dogs. That's plenty of celebrating for a couple of old farts...

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
After 56 years of elopement marriage the wife and haven't gotten anything for each other for several years, but we broke that tradition this year. I got her a pair of red "Sea Glass" earrings and matching necklace and I even thought of it myself. She got me a nice vest and we are both happy.