What are we (OK, some of us) becoming????

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Never thought a few cold days would result in this news flash. PLEASE don't think that the majority of people from PA are really this screwed up. 20° is the average daily low temp for January in Lebanon PA. Maybe those goofballs got the country of Lebanon confused with the PA county of Lebanon. The country might want a heads-up for such a chilly streak. Been out all day deer hunting in temps considerably lower than that.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't know what to tell you. It was -60 at Cut Bank, MT a few days ago. -30 or so here at my area during the same time frame. Still, even 30 with wind can feel really chilly.

Still, I'm happy we only have one more day of negatives for a while.

Reactions: 1 user

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I feel bad for you guys. Went with my son to shoot sporting clays today…in a T shirt. Was about 60 and nice day…

I have skied in -20 at Whistler so I know what cold is…but that weather you guys have is damn cold!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It was -22F with a wind chill pushing -45 it was a little bone chilling!
Things froze up all over the place around here!

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Oh no, it's going to get a bit cold, and in the winter no less. This code blue bs is new too. And wind chill doesn't count if you break the wind. I'm sorry, but diesel isn't going to gel up at -10f wind chill when it's air temp is 15f. Properly dress yourself and take appropriate precautions.

It's just the news jockeys trying to get attention, rating, clicks, and thus revenue. A few hours ago I got an emergency alert on my phone, and rushed to it thinking that china was dropping the bombs. But no. There was a risk of a snow squall.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Last night we had --15F with -35F wind chill.
My wife rolled down the driver's window in her car, and of course, it would not roll back up. That was a COLD 6-mile into the wind drive home.

The wind chill in her car at 45 MPH had to be about -427F. 🥶

• Wow

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

My wife rolled down the driver's window in her car, and of course, it would not roll back up. That was a COLD 6-mile into the wind drive home.

Y'all don't have to rub it in........:D

We have a little "ice building" weather here finally ( low of 4'ish high of 15) But not good like you guys are getting.

I got the primary shanty out and set her up yesterday, Everything looked to be in order.

Looking forward to some ice fishing in 2 weeks (maybe).

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
We haven’t had enough ice yet, but this reminds me…time to blow the dust off Grumpy Old Men DVD and start getting ready to go ice fishing…

• Haha

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Never thought a few cold days would result in this news flash. PLEASE don't think that the majority of people from PA are really this screwed up. 20° is the average daily low temp for January in Lebanon PA. Maybe those goofballs got the country of Lebanon confused with the PA county of Lebanon. The country might want a heads-up for such a chilly streak. Been out all day deer hunting in temps considerably lower than that.

Code blue alerts are common in our local cities. For us it simply opens more shelters for the homeless.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX

Yea, but what's better than cruising in the winter with the window down, the heated seats on and the heater blasting?

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
The word that comes to mind is soft. Every generation gets a little (or lot) more soft. The story goes that my grandfather in Norway would roe his boat seven miles to date my grandmother.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There is an NFL football game tonight (Monday) that was originally scheduled for last Saturday. It was postponed because those that be in charge decided for all the paying fans it was too dangerous to risk being in the weather Saturday. There is a hidden message in there!

• Haha

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We use to wait for the school bus in that kind of weather, and never though anything about it,
but then us BOOMERS we a tough lot back in the day

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
"What are we (Ok some of us ) becoming????"
Openly and honest answer would shut this thread down. Never in my wildest nightmare did I ever think taxpayer's children would have to stay home because their school facilities were being used to house guests from other countries. May as well take a deep seat, pour a shot of anti-freeze in your coffee,grin and bear it because it might become a run-a-way mine train. Looking at the bright side ,drivers during this spell might make those everyons has been complianing about look like driving instructors. Keep warm and stay safe.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
We use to wait for the school bus in that kind of weather, and never though anything about it,
but then us BOOMERS we a tough lot back in the day
Was that you that missed school because you licked a cold light post while waiting for the bus? :ROFLMAO:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I feel bad for you, too. I'd rather live where it gets cold than live with the rules you guys have, but that's me.
Fair enough point!

Been here 65 years next week and witnessed a lot of change, mostly bad. Where we are is way out in the sticks so things are still good. The aggressive stupidity of most in this state seems to be spreading though.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't know what to tell you. It was -60 at Cut Bank, MT a few days ago. -30 or so here at my area during the same time frame. Still, even 30 with wind can feel really chilly.

Still, I'm happy we only have one more day of negatives for a while.
NOT SO!
Just watch the national news!
EVERY DAY is ALL ABOUT..... NEGATIVES !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The word that comes to mind is soft. Every generation gets a little (or lot) more soft. The story goes that my grandfather in Norway would roe his boat seven miles to date my grandmother.
You’re absolutely right!

I used to ride my bicycle 12 miles across Houston to date my first wife.

Now, 52 years later…. I’d not waste the time for a free cell-phone call to her.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(About 20 years ago a co-worker was going thru a nasty divorce and needed a talented family-law attorney…. he said his soon-to-be EX had a REAL B*tch for an attorney and so he was seeking someone who could be equally vicious. When I mentioned MY Ex was doing that sort of work (I actually paid for part of her law-degree)…. he gave me a horrified look and said, “SHEET! THATS who SHE has HIRED!” (the ex) :LOL: