what are the holes for on rear axle b7100

rick sheltra

Equipment
B7100 4wd diesel w/ Buhler Front end loader
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD

Hello to all.
I just put new tires on my b7100. I had to put the stock sizes on (6-12 front 8-16 rear) 120$ each amazon... as I just couldn't afford the bigger tires I wanted.
Now as I am mounting them on the axle I am noticing there are several holes in the axle for mounting the wheel.
Since I am operating on a lot of slopes I was thinking to put the wheels as far out as possible. Does that sound right?

Also wondering if the clamps on the axle mounting assembly on the rear wheels should be as tight as possible I haven't tried to tighten yet but they appear to be a bit loose so I was going to try it.

and while I had all the tires off I figured I would check the front hub assembly for oil. I read it needs 80 or 90 weight gear oil so the question is do you fill it to the top of cylinder?

Thanks everybody I appreciate the help.

the tractor is a 1977 I think
it is a b7100 with a Kubota d750 3cylinder also has a FEL by bhueler
I have not had many repairs in the 10 years Ive owned it but the ones I had were completed with the help of this forum. Never thought I could repair the steering myself but I did it with this forum
I cant believe how this tractor has held up. I am going to change oil this week and I bet it has NEVER been changed. Ive heard so many bad stories about changing out old oil so I have avoided it.

thanks again
Rick

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The hole are for the pins that actually hold the hubs in place, the clamps are just to keep the hub tight to the axle.

No you don't fill the front axle full, doing so will blow the seals out of the axle, go to kubotabooks.com and download the three part B7100 manual it will tell you how, and how much oil to put in it.

Reactions: 1 user

rick sheltra

Equipment
B7100 4wd diesel w/ Buhler Front end loader
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, MD
thanks wolfman why does it have more then one set of holes? is that ok to use the farthest one out even if it makes the axle be recessed a little into the hub. Or is it better to just put the wheel on the axle where it will be on the axle completely like the picture attached hope that makes sense thanks again

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
thanks wolfman why does it have more then one set of holes? is that ok to use the farthest one out even if it makes the axle be recessed a little into the hub. Or is it better to just put the wheel on the axle where it will be on the axle completely like the picture attached hope that makes sense thanks again
you have multiple holes so you can come out or in with the rims/wheels.
I think there is one more possibility in that set up. JUST make sure the set bolt/pin is through a hole and the clamp is very tight. You can pull off the rim and rotate it and hit a new hole if I am not mistaken.

look at this photo:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-b7100-restore-project-has-begun-img_2171-jpg