What am I missing?

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
I got an insurance quote from both Kubota and My Farm Bureau for my new MC 6000 and implements. Both have similar coverage with actual value pay off if totaled. Both have $250 deductible. The Farm Bureau is less than 1/4 of the cost of Kubota. Also, Kubota is a one time offer. I did not finance the tractor. What am I missing?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I may be mistaken - but the Kubota covers damn near ANYTHING you do to it - or anything other mishap ON your property or off.

Does your private ins cover the machine for you running into a tree? Dumping gravel onto your hood or flipping it over at you neighbors house across the street?

Look at the very fine print and ask a few dozen questions before signing......... just in case!

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Upon reading the Kubota policy coverage when I was shopping and reading the experiences from others on the web, the Kubota coverage was the way to go in my opinion. They pretty much cover everything.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Kubota insurance covered my 3pt parts after a pin fell out while I was traveling across my yard. I had my scarifiers down on my BB and the top left pin came out. Bent my left arm, the adjustment loop, and the top link. Kubota replaced all the parts for free. Also. If a BB drops a corner it’s like dropping an anchor lol.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Kubota covers replacement at non-depreciated rates, covers off site use, and yes all accidental damage.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Kubota insurance covered my 3pt parts after a pin fell out while I was traveling across my yard. I had my scarifiers down on my BB and the top left pin came out. Bent my left arm, the adjustment loop, and the top link. Kubota replaced all the parts for free. Also. If a BB drops a corner it’s like dropping an anchor lol.
Not free, you should have a $250 deductible right?

JRS

Oct 27, 2021
Central Texas
My agent said it covers everything except maintenance items. Both policies replace the tractor at depreciated rates on a told loss. He covers work off my property but not if left overnight (theft). He recently covered a tractor that stalled pushing a burn pile and burned up. That would make your day!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I may be mistaken - but the Kubota covers damn near ANYTHING you do to it - or anything other mishap ON your property or off.

Does your private ins cover the machine for you running into a tree? Dumping gravel onto your hood or flipping it over at you neighbors house across the street?

Look at the very fine print and ask a few dozen questions before signing......... just in case!
Good advice. In my case my equipment is insured with NC Farm Bureau (a different company and possibly different coverage than in Texas) on a FBIM-41 form. It covers all of the above scenarios so long as the tractor is in the US or Canada. If I ever take the tractor to Mexico I’ll need a different policy… and a psychiatrist. Coverage for repair or replacement is depreciated, not replacement cost.

A close review of both policies to be sure you know what you’re getting is quite important. Cheap rates often mean less coverage, but not always.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Good advice. In my case my equipment is insured with NC Farm Bureau (a different company and possibly different coverage than in Texas) on a FBIM-41 form. It covers all of the above scenarios so long as the tractor is in the US or Canada. If I ever take the tractor to Mexico I’ll need a different policy… and a psychiatrist. Coverage for repair or replacement is depreciated, not replacement cost.

A close review of both policies to be sure you know what you’re getting is quite important. Cheap rates often mean less coverage, but not always.
Why a psychiatrist? Mexico is a great place to visit.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Why a psychiatrist? Mexico is a great place to visit.
With your tractor???

Edit: I see you’re in New Mexico. Maybe you’d have some reason to take your tractor to Mexico. I ain’t hauling my tractor from NC to Mexico unless some screws come loose in my head.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
With your tractor???

Edit: I see you’re in New Mexico. Maybe you’d have some reason to take your tractor to Mexico. I ain’t hauling my tractor from NC to Mexico unless some screws come loose in my head.
LOL. I was just having good fun. I would have no reason to take mine to Mexico either. It is a fun place to vacation.

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
LOL. I was just having good fun. I would have no reason to take mine to Mexico either. It is a fun place to vacation.
From the U.S. State Department.....

Mexico Travel Advisory
Travel Advisory
December 8, 2021
Mexico City – Exercise Increased Caution

Exercise increased caution due to crime and kidnapping.

Both violent and non-violent crime occur throughout Mexico City. Use additional caution, particularly at night, outside of the frequented tourist areas where police and security patrol more routinely. Petty crime occurs frequently in both tourist and non-tourist areas. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees.

Mexico state (Estado de Mexico) – Reconsider Travel

Reconsider travel due to crime and kidnapping.

Both violent and non-violent crime are common throughout Mexico state. Use caution in areas outside of the frequented tourist areas, although petty crime occurs frequently in tourist areas as well. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Michoacan state – Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime and kidnapping.

Crime and violence are widespread in Michoacan state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

• Federal Highway 15D: U.S. government employees may travel on Federal Highway 15D to transit the state between Mexico City and Guadalajara.
  • Morelia: U.S. government employees may travel by air and by land using Federal Highways 43 or 48D from Federal Highway 15D.
  • Lazaro Cardenas: U.S. government employees must travel by air only and limit activities to the city center or port areas.
U.S. government employees may not travel to other areas of the state of Michoacan, including the portions of the Monarch Butterfly Reserve located in Michoacan.

Morelos state – Reconsider Travel

Violent crime and gang activity are common in parts of Morelos state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Nayarit state – Reconsider Travel

Reconsider travel due to crime.

Violent crime and gang activity are common near the border with Sinaloa.

U.S. government employees must adhere to the following travel restrictions:

• Tepic and San Blas: U.S. government employees may not travel to Tepic or San Blas.
There are no restrictions on travel for U.S government employees to other parts of Nayarit, including tourist areas in: Riviera Nayarit (including Nuevo Vallarta, Punta Mita, Sayulita, and Bahia de Banderas), and Santa Maria del Oro.

Nuevo Leon state – Exercise Increased Caution

Criminal activity and violence may occur throughout the state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Oaxaca state – Exercise Increased Caution

Exercise increased caution due to crime.

Criminal activity and violence occur throughout the state.

• Isthmus region: U.S. government employees may not travel to the area of Oaxaca bounded by Federal Highway 185D to the west, Federal Highway 190 to the north, and the Oaxaca-Chiapas border to the east. This includes the cities of Juchitan de Zaragoza, Salina Cruz, and San Blas Atempa.

• Federal Highway 200 northwest of Pinotepa: U.S. government employees may not utilize Federal Highway 200 between Pinotepa and the Oaxaca-Guerrero border.
There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees to other parts of Oaxaca state, which include tourist areas in: Oaxaca City, Monte Alban, Puerto Escondido, and Huatulco.

Puebla state – Exercise Increased Caution

Criminal activity and violence may occur throughout the state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Queretaro state – Exercise Increased Caution

Criminal activity and violence may occur throughout the state.

Quintana Roo state – Exercise Increased Caution

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Quintana Roo state, which include tourist areas in: Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.

San Luis Potosi state – Exercise Increased Caution

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
From the U.S. State Department.....

Mexico Travel Advisory
Travel Advisory
December 8, 2021
Mexico City – Exercise Increased Caution

Both violent and non-violent crime occur throughout Mexico City. Use additional caution, particularly at night, outside of the frequented tourist areas where police and security patrol more routinely. Petty crime occurs frequently in both tourist and non-tourist areas. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Mexico state (Estado de Mexico) – Reconsider Travel

Both violent and non-violent crime are common throughout Mexico state. Use caution in areas outside of the frequented tourist areas, although petty crime occurs frequently in tourist areas as well. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Michoacan state – Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime and kidnapping.

Crime and violence are widespread in Michoacan state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

• Federal Highway 15D: U.S. government employees may travel on Federal Highway 15D to transit the state between Mexico City and Guadalajara.
  • Morelia: U.S. government employees may travel by air and by land using Federal Highways 43 or 48D from Federal Highway 15D.
  • Lazaro Cardenas: U.S. government employees must travel by air only and limit activities to the city center or port areas.
U.S. government employees may not travel to other areas of the state of Michoacan, including the portions of the Monarch Butterfly Reserve located in Michoacan.

Morelos state – Reconsider Travel

Violent crime and gang activity are common in parts of Morelos state. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

Nayarit state – Reconsider Travel

Reconsider travel due to crime.

Violent crime and gang activity are common near the border with Sinaloa.

• Tepic and San Blas: U.S. government employees may not travel to Tepic or San Blas.
There are no restrictions on travel for U.S government employees to other parts of Nayarit, including tourist areas in: Riviera Nayarit (including Nuevo Vallarta, Punta Mita, Sayulita, and Bahia de Banderas), and Santa Maria del Oro.

Nuevo Leon state – Exercise Increased Caution

Oaxaca state – Exercise Increased Caution

Criminal activity and violence occur throughout the state.

• Isthmus region: U.S. government employees may not travel to the area of Oaxaca bounded by Federal Highway 185D to the west, Federal Highway 190 to the north, and the Oaxaca-Chiapas border to the east. This includes the cities of Juchitan de Zaragoza, Salina Cruz, and San Blas Atempa.

• Federal Highway 200 northwest of Pinotepa: U.S. government employees may not utilize Federal Highway 200 between Pinotepa and the Oaxaca-Guerrero border.
There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees to other parts of Oaxaca state, which include tourist areas in: Oaxaca City, Monte Alban, Puerto Escondido, and Huatulco.

Puebla state – Exercise Increased Caution

Queretaro state – Exercise Increased Caution

Quintana Roo state – Exercise Increased Caution

There are no restrictions on travel for U.S. government employees in Quintana Roo state, which include tourist areas in: Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and the Riviera Maya.

San Luis Potosi state – Exercise Increased Caution

We travel to tourist coastal areas and have had no problems. Probably no worse than US cities like Chicago or LA. We’ve also been to Chihuahua City and enjoyed it. There are places where it’s not advisable to visit, just like in the US.