Well. its all back together now, and, its works.....

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi everyone,
Just thought i post an update on my ever changing b7100 project.

Well it is all back together except the wheels to be fitted back on and my new light setup has to be wired, and the intial verdict is , great.
The 850 engine i've been messing about with fired up second time after bleeding all the air out, no nasty noises or fliuds leaking all in all it seems to have been a great success.
I have also been rebuilding the rest of the tractor with work lights etc on my rops along with newer rear light setup.
anyway i'll post some pics later on and update what else i've done.

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
well then, this is where i was upto after i finished the engine project, I start a new project to rebuild the whole tractor from the ground up everything in bits and just the rear end left to strip down.

I stripped the rear end down completly, replaced several gears, both output shaft to the engine & fwd, also both shafts and all the UJ's.
Also replaced the hydraulic lift arm shaft ,bearings and seals.

pics attached.

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I also replaced the complete front axle, not sure i really needed to, but i had a very good low hour/useage unit which had to be a better fitment than the original 5000 hour item .
Another area that had a major fix was the transmision tunnel/bellhousing, at some point in the past the original had be broken quite badly where its bolts to the rear end assembly, then welded ,but very poorly ans such the studs were bent and the nuts were cross threaded also, all a bit of a botch job.
I had the B7001 item which is the same except that it lacks the timing inpection hole in the bellhousing, so not a big issue.
retro fitted that along with the allmost new realease bearing etc that was in it, certainly a bonus.
fitted all new studs to the geabox face / tunnel joint.

all those parts repainted and ready to be rebuilt.

pics.

anyway all those bits sorted out

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
While i had the tractor stripped down i decided to sort out some extra lighting.
Fabricated some brackets to mount work lights and driving lamps on the top of my ROPS , welded the brackets to the rops, just right.
2 forward facing lamps halogen 55w each and the same setup rearward to act as work lights.
I also wanted to refit some rear road lights , the original kubota lamp clusters are no longer avaible in the UK, and even if they were, at £120 each side i certainly would not be paying that price.
I did the same as above, fabbed some bracket and welded them in place on the rops either side of the seat.
Lamp units were £5.00 each complete are are just as good as the kubota units, they are much better fitted close to the rops bars as it get them of rear wheel arches and adds a bit more protection.

So with all those bits added to the rops and with my hyd connection also on it , the rops is allmost becoming my control centre;);) just need to add the 12volt aux power output sockets to it.

pics

Attachments

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
pics also including the rebuild 850 engine fitted and raring to go...:D

so thats where i'm upto now, a bit of wirirng and get the wheels back on.

I am still trying to get my new tacho fitted, i really need to know if it going to work on the 850 engine to be honest, so if any one can help regarding compatability with geardrives and cables , please let me know.

rob

pic of the tacho ass coming next.

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well I've always said if its worth doing, it's worth doing well and it's easy to see you live by that as well. Very nice work and it's easy to see your going to have a like new tractor by the time your done. Thanks for posting. Nice work.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
On the subject of the tacho, i purchased a new and boxed tacho which the box says L1501 fitment,, but as i only paid £5.00 for it i didnt think i could realyy loose out to be honest.
It was an ideal unit as it has oil pressure,charge, etc warning lamps aswell as a tacho and hour meter.
It is just a case of fitment issues, what cable do i need and will that cable work with the gear drive that fits the 850 engine.
I understand that some have differing gear ratios and cables may not fit correctly.
anyway pics, and help would be great.

Attachments

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I like the way you did the rear hydraulic ports! I never seem to have the patience to do such a terrific job. Well done!
Thanks for the pics...

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I like the way you did the rear hydraulic ports! I never seem to have the patience to do such a terrific job. Well done!
Thanks for the pics...
I really like the hydraulic ports too!I would love to add them to my tractor as well. lights turned out well too. well heck, i would like to do about anything to my tractor. just havent been able to this summer.i have problems with my hands, had to have another surgery to make my left thumb work again. kinda knocked me out of any wrenching fun this summer.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for the replies guys, really appreciated.
I don't really have the garage space for anything bigger than the 7100,
it allready shares the garage with my B6000 and a 7100hst so probably at full capacity now.
To make up for being in the sub compact tractor bracket i have to try and get as much on my little machines as possible, and that includes lighting.

anyway , finally got the old beast out tonight and powered up the lights, they certainly do the job i had in mind, front and rears.

I think the 4 extra halogens plus the onboard electrics are probably at the limit of my 45amp battery and 35amp alternator.

pics here.

rob.

ps, not bad for a Duc owner...:cool:

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DAYUM:eek:,, thats a bunch of light,, Tell me about the lights you used if you don't mind

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I remember this picture Rob! Did you say that those lights ran off the stock alternator, err, governor? I'm getting a ROPS soon and I just may hook up some lighting to it.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
thanks for reply, yes they do run from the stock alternator.
I originally fitted them to the 35amp alt and they worked great, but recently i have changed to a slightly larger capacity unit at 45amps with a built in regulator and did away with the original standalone reg that was fitted on the bulkhead.
All works a treat, but please remember, alot of the UK spec b series tractors came with the top mounted alternator to handle the increased electrical output on UK spec machines, a lot of you guys in the states will not have this setup.

hope that helps a bit.

rob

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Its not a difficult job if you have the top mounted alt brackets, but if not you'll need all the realavant parts, which may not make it a cost effective project.
maybe LED's would be a better option for your application, i used the halogens as they were a good low cost option for me with very good output, and if they get damaged its easy and low cost to repair/replace a unit.
there is a thread on OTT that,( i think its my D850 into B7100 thread) i started which outlines what parts would be needed to make the modification to a top mounted alternator.
My B8200 has the same setup with top mounted unit, but uses slightly less complicated brackets, but its the same overall design.
pic attached of my 45amp unit, a bit smaller overall than the previous 35amp unit, but good retro fitment.

rob

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Where does the other end of the alternator belt connect? Do you have a double pulley on the belt tensioner?

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
Yep , dual belt pulley wheel.
All versions that use the top mounted alternator such as this have a dual belt pulley from the factory as standard, but i dont think other spec machines destined for other markets may have them.

rob