Welcome to Washington state...mud junction

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
We are pretty dry here. There have been 2 consecutive days without rain this year.

Bruce

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
okay just about sick of this long extended mud time.....&*%%%$
That's the fifth season up there ain't it? :rolleyes::p Spent many years dealing with that. Back yards like that from late fall thru late spring :rolleyes: Hopefully it will dry out for you sometime soon. :D

Mainly wanted to comment on your photo. Several years ago, a tornado passed within 2/10 of a mile from the house. Wipe out the utilities and we were without power for a week. Had thunderstorms coming thru every night. After the second night of me getting drenched cooking dinner my wife came up and asked a question. "Why don't you drag the grill around front and put it in the garage??" :eek::rolleyes::D

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
That's the fifth season up there ain't it? :rolleyes::p Spent many years dealing with that. Back yards like that from late fall thru late spring :rolleyes: Hopefully it will dry out for you sometime soon. :D

Daren, we actually have two seasons here. Winter and the 4th of July. :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This was my driveway 3 weeks ago after a neighbor HAD to drive into my place and then I had to tow him in the rest of the way and then back out with the Bobcat!

This is my attempt at neighbor proofing my driveway!

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My wet season is done here i hope. Wish i had a do not park on the grass/mud sign. Oeople coming to shop would park anywhere,leaving muddy ruts when they turn around.first spring i can remember in a long time that it hasnt rained every third day. One whole summer was never more than 3 days without. Its been a long time since we had a hot dry summer. Maybe this year? I doubt it.

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I was able to get the land plane out and grade out the potholes a couple weeks ago, and it's been raining (or snowing ever since) but at least we're going to get another 1 1/2" today!
There's flooding and mudslide warnings out everywhere

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
This was my driveway 3 weeks ago after a neighbor HAD to drive into my place and then I had to tow him in the rest of the way and then back out with the Bobcat!

This is my attempt at neighbor proofing my driveway!
Funny....but not funny! I can relate but yours is bigger than mine, story of my life. and still raining

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
OP....I feel your pain. Good God, it just wont end.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep that's about 5 miles up the road from me.
It's the main Hwy that runs up into Canada, a ton of truck traffic runs up and down it, and the detour road is a narrow old road that is not in much better shape.
What you don't see is just to the right of it is train tracks, and every time the train goes through there it shakes the mountain and it moves.
They've had to close the road and dig it out a dozen times, this is one of several slides.
Another slide farther north uncovered old buried cases of dynamite, and old buried dynamite is very unstable. :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well it has to reach its natural angle of repose sooner or later

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That is dependent upon the material, as a rule of thumb it ranges from 15 to about 50 degrees. Like dry round sand would be close to 15 degrees wet clay more toward 50 degrees,, coal piles about 30. The more course the material the steeper the angle, but that does not mean it is stable.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The ground around here and the area of the slide is glacial till which is very very fine sand, does fine and dandy as long as there is some ground cover on it.
This location and others in that county have no ground cover they just dug out of the side of the mountain and did nothing to stabilize the ground, no grass no trees, no rock, nothing.

It's a county issue not a state issue, That county has zero extra money and every little event they have to declare a state of emergency so they can get state and federal assistance to help them out.

I have zero sympathy for them because they have some backwards thinking people living up there, that think keeping any industry out will be better, there is just about no work and no real stable money coming into the county so they rely on other counties to fund them.