weather killing my tractor time

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
guessing lots of you are having this problem right now...

its to wet to be in the yard on the toy.. like a sponge out here in Southern Ohio.

when its frozen i can put on more clothes & go work some.
when its dry.. less clothes & go work some.

NOW? cant do anything but just look at it with a sad face as my "to do list" piles up.

sometimes i just go in the barn & sit in the seat & tell it: "soon baby.. soon"

LMAO man this type of weather sucks! so much to do & play at & just making zero progress.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah it do,,,went to bed last night it was raining and blowing,, this morning I got 2 inches of snow :confused:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I feel your pain brother. Yard is a soggy mess and will be that way till we get some warmer dry weather. As it sits at the moment, I would need at least a month for it to dry out enough to do anything on it :rolleyes:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It's been a crazy winter, middle of February and we don't have any snow, unheard of around here. We get a couple inches then a day of heavy rain to take it away.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3 days ago we were looking like spring was around the corner, 40's and just wonderful although we still have a foot and half of snow and 6 foot berms everywhere.
Then boom back to winter cold, colder, then even colder.
anything that was thawed out is back to being an ice brick!

It keeps hopping around but it look like a week of just cold, no snow. :)

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
On the plus side we are still frozen solid Northwest of Columbus. Not for much longer. I rearranged my garage this past weekend to put the B3200 in the back and pulled my 4wheeler up front to do tasks around the property. With the loaded tires on my B3200, it does not tread lightly....

Sunday really underscored why I need to get a pole barn put up this summer

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
forgot just how many of you were located "around" me...

yeah rain yesterday & 55*... then rain last nite & froze over & snow this morning...

& im on high ground... squishy as all get out.

that was one of the better things about the 2601: it was lite on the yard!

ps: sun is shining now & its 34*... thats no help at all. squish squish with every step.

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
We had 3 days of snow here in Michigan, so I had the BX out daily plowing my drive and clearing the snowplow deposits from four of my neighbors' driveways. I'm almost sad to see the sun today, almost.

prof.fate

Equipment
75 L175, 14 toro timesaver, Landpride boxblade, countyline auger
Nov 9, 2017
Beaver, PA
We have your winter here in PA and you're welcome to it! :p

the past 3 winters have been unusually mild - well, this year made up for it. We had more snow by mid-january than the previous 3 winters - combined! And cold temp? Oh, yeah, way below normal - way way.

This week is to be more normal..but we had 8" of snow on the ground friday and it's all melted as of yesterday..wet? crazy wet. Today was sunny, so it's drying out nicely.

But then things will thaw...and the mud will arrive.

I did get to plow snow though! Didn't do that the past 3 years - not even once!

It's been a crazy winter, middle of February and we don't have any snow, unheard of around here. We get a couple inches then a day of heavy rain to take it away.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Squished my way thru corn stubble to get my deer stands down but that's the first time I've had her out all winter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
sdk1968- I feel your pain; but in my case, it's the caregiver thing that limits my time with my little orange buddy. I don't think I've been to my place up north (where the tractor lives) more than 10 days in the last 18 months.:(

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
3 days ago we were looking like spring was around the corner, 40's and just wonderful although we still have a foot and half of snow and 6 foot berms everywhere.
Then boom back to winter cold, colder, then even colder.
anything that was thawed out is back to being an ice brick!

It keeps hopping around but it look like a week of just cold, no snow. :)
Yeah but Tuesday night thru Wednesday night we’re gonna get 6-8” of white stuff!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Lil Foot,

i hear you & sorry you dont get to play on your toy. but caregiving is a very honorable thing that lots of people just dont do when its "their turn".

as to snow? when we get some im on the tractor.. plowing driveways!

when we dont or it rains it off to fast? things are too squishy to get her out of the barn. like now. had 2" of snow this morning & it was raining it down to nothing on my way to work.

came home to more "squish" than when i left. no way to get her out of the barn without making ruts in the yard & feeling the wrath of the wife.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Normally would have potatoes planted by now.....WAY too wet!!! I got my garden spots broke up right before all the rain set in, but have not been able to get back in due to rain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk