WAY OT Ammo

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I talked to the kid out in Ca, and she asked if I could send her some.22 ammo, cause its hard to get out there,,,Sure you know about a Fathers love, well off I go today to get some.22's,,,nada nyet, no way ,lotsa luck, it ain't happenin,, All said if they come in you had better be here cause they go as quickly as we put them on the shelf,,, I hit Gander Mt, Cabals and every gun store and Wilmar K mart and any place else that might sell .22s,,, There ain't none, no place, and what I found was so over priced,, 4 bucks for a box of 50,,WTF
So is anybody else havein a hard time finding .22s? This shyt sucks but I fear its gona get worse 7.62x39 8 bucks a box of 20 limit of 10 boxes 5.56 about the same there were no .44,s no .45,s no.357's some .40 and 9mm, 30 bucks for a box of 30-30s,, Is it a sign of the times when a store has NO .22s?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
None in my area either.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
There was a gun show locally last weekend (there were more people at the show than what showed up in DC to demonstrate against guns), and ammo was crazy high, what ammo there was.
If you look at the big online stores, they are almost completely out of stock on most stuff. What they have, you will pay dearly for.
What is scary is the talk of regulating weapons not through new laws, but through the sale of ammunition. That would be awful effective, unless you are set up to reload.
I know one thing- a fella can't hardly afford to go out back and plink away for a while. It's too expensive to shoot for pleasure.
I think I will start messing with the BB gun. At least that's cost effective...

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
I bought my last 500rd box at least a year ago and I've still got half of it left but I can imagine with the unmitigated panic over the impending gun laws the shelves are a bit bare. You might try Ammo Engine and find an online store with some. Most people buy their ammo in stores rather than deal with it getting shipped so there might be more stock online.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
What better way to "stimulate" the economy then to put a bullshit gun ban in place.

Well played Mr. President.... well played....

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I load my own .223 -.270 and .308, but finding powder, primers, and bullets in stock is just as impossible as finding ammo.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thats why I load my own , years ago when the CLINTONS wanted to tax the hell out of ammo I started buying relaoding supplies every time I had a few extra bucks . Now if I load all the componets I have ill have more ammo than Ill ver shoot. I stared loading my own back in the 60s and still do to this day much more accurate that the store stuff

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
OK I talked to the kid out in Ca, and she asked if I could send her some.22 ammo, cause its hard to get out there,,,Sure you know about a Fathers love, well off I go today to get some.22's,,,nada nyet, no way ,lotsa luck, it ain't happenin,, All said if they come in you had better be here cause they go as quickly as we put them on the shelf,,, I hit Gander Mt, Cabals and every gun store and Wilmar K mart and any place else that might sell .22s,,, There ain't none, no place, and what I found was so over priced,, 4 bucks for a box of 50,,WTF
So is anybody else havein a hard time finding .22s? This shyt sucks but I fear its gona get worse 7.62x39 8 bucks a box of 20 limit of 10 boxes 5.56 about the same there were no .44,s no .45,s no.357's some .40 and 9mm, 30 bucks for a box of 30-30s,, Is it a sign of the times when a store has NO .22s?

Email:
Scott, ATK has achieved its market leadership position in the ammunition industry by delivering innovation and quality. We continue to work seven days a week, making multiple daily shipments to meet the current demand and deliver quality products to our customers. We make 3,000,000 rimfire, 2,000,000 primers and 1,500,000 centerfire ammo a day.

Make every Shot Count!
Justin M.
2299 Snake River Rd.
Lewiston, ID. 83501
CCI/Speer
(866)286-7436

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Hi Scott,

Thank you for supporting FN products.

During the past few months, the U.S. market has experienced intermittent shortages of both rounds due to an unexpected and overwhelming increase in sales of the Five-seveN and the PS90, as well as a nationwide shortage of ammunition in general. Production levels were recently increased and a new supply is expected to be available shortly. Please visit www.fnhusa.com or follow us on Facebook to receive future updates.

While we are currently shipping in small quantities, it may be a while before it is back to “normal”. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,
FNH USA Customer Service

moog

Equipment
Kubota B3200 Ferguson T020
Oct 9, 2012
Bloomfield IN USA
I bought a FNAR a month or so ago and extra magazines at a reasonable price is all but extinct. Don't get me wrong, I love my FNs, Winchesters and Brownings but this propriety magazine thing is driving me nuts.

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Thats why I load my own , years ago when the CLINTONS wanted to tax the hell out of ammo I started buying relaoding supplies every time I had a few extra bucks . Now if I load all the componets I have ill have more ammo than Ill ver shoot. I stared loading my own back in the 60s and still do to this day much more accurate that the store stuff

Shhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
All the ammo shelfs at all the gun stores and wallmart look like grocery shelfs in Russia. The only thing on them is the stuff no one wants. Heard of a gun store selling a box of 500 22lr for $68. Several years ago, I paid $9.50 for the same thing.

Ikeroberts

Equipment
2009 Kubota BX2360, 09 Ringo 8000lb dual axle trailer, 09 Mitsubishi Raider 6cyl
Nov 9, 2012
MountainTop, PA
I just purchased 5000 rounds of 22lr standard velocity for the Boy Scouts on Friday. Got em at my local gun shop. He also ordered me another 15000 rounds for them. Said they would be in by Friday. These are standard velocity so they don't work well in semi's but are fine for bolt action.

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Email:
Scott, ATK has achieved its market leadership position in the ammunition industry by delivering innovation and quality. We continue to work seven days a week, making multiple daily shipments to meet the current demand and deliver quality products to our customers. We make 3,000,000 rimfire, 2,000,000 primers and 1,500,000 centerfire ammo a day.

Make every Shot Count!
Justin M.
2299 Snake River Rd.
Lewiston, ID. 83501
CCI/Speer
(866)286-7436
Justin..... I'd have to think there's literally millions of us out here that put the CCI products as the best! We're grateful for both the quality product and the devoted labor of making it for us!

Ron

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Ammo shortage in valley stores frustrates customers
Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/local/article_0c039aac-7023-11e2-8637-001a4bcf6878.html

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/local/article_0c039aac-7023-11e2-8637-001a4bcf6878.html

Ammunition shortage

Shelves for ammunition stand nearly empty in Cache Valley sporting goods stores. Photo by Jonathan Larson/Hard News Cafe.

Posted: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:00 am
Ammo shortage in valley stores frustrates customersJonathan Larson / Hard News Cafecachevalleydaily.com | 0 comments
NORTH LOGAN – For more than two months, the sporting goods department at Walmart has been inundated with calls every morning from customers asking about the latest shipments of firearms and ammunition. To the customers’ frustration, Walmart and other local businesses have been unable to meet the unusually high demands of Cache Valley residents.
Shelves for ammunition stand nearly empty in Cache Valley sporting goods stores. Photo by Jonathan Larson.
“This really has been nationwide and I think it all initially started with the shooting at Sandy Hook,” Al’s Sporting Goods sales associate Mr. Wyatt said. “That was a real tragedy and since then, we’ve had people come in who are concerned about their own safety looking for smaller handguns to carry concealed.”
“We’re seeing a lot more people getting their concealed weapons permits now and they come in to get their first guns and ammo,” Walmart sporting goods associate Scott Harris said. “People have also been coming in and buying ammo simply so that they can stockpile it.”
Many businesses in the valley have been unable to stock ammunition fast enough. This is partially due to the demand throughout the country on the suppliers. Walmart has continued receiving shipments from ammunition companies but sometimes will go three weeks between deliveries.
According to Wyatt and Harris, many people have voiced irritation when they are unable to purchase what they are looking for.
“We’re always out of .22, .223 and 9mm,” Harris said. “We’re out of a lot of rounds and a lot of calibers. As soon as we get some in, it is sold. We can’t even put it on the shelf because people buy it before we can get it there.”
Harris believes that the recent demand has been caused by fear of a potential crackdown by the federal government on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and certain calibers such as .223.
To read the rest of this article in its entirety, visit the Hard News Cafe website.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
As of more than a week ago-

Gun Industry Update.
to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the
gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to
Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were
told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P
pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the
shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun
quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45
days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide
shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as
much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is
military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of
magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to
ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9
months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we
know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you
posted..."

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...ustry.html?m=1

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Woo hoo. So you're saying I'm stuck shooting my stock pile of Yugo 8mm Mauser for the foreseeable future? Glad I bought that whole case of the stuff. Just wish I had a rifle range closer than an hour.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I'm just getting into handguns, and can't afford to go plinking away. I did find some CCI 22HP's today, and some 380 FMJ. I bought what I had in my wallet.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Had to run out this morning and figured I would stop at Gander Mtn,, you k now just in case,, I got the LAST BOX of 550 rounds of Remington .22s, and it only cost me 22.00 bucks gee what a bargin I didn't want to call it what it is,,RAPE !!!!