Want good weather!

steve104c

Equipment
L4600,loader,backhoe w/hydro-thumb, rear blade
Jan 21, 2014
Texas
Really don't have the right to complain about our weather down here after seeing you guys up north, but, my tractor was delivered one week ago and because of the wet ground and cold ( Hight today 39), which is really not cold to you up there, I have not been able to use my tractor. It's like giving a baby an empty bottle. Yes, I've been crying for a week. We have been trying to build a 40'X60' metal building shop since Nov. last year. Need to bring in dirt to make a pad for the foundation but with the constant wet and cold, haven't been able to. Need at least 2 to 3 weeks of dry weather to dry out the spot where we are going to put the shop......I want to play with my orange tractor!!!!!..................steve014c

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Steve, it's all relative. I was snook fishing with my nephew and his buddy out on the Gulf of Mx near Ft Myers, Fl and they were freezing and shivering saying no one in their right mind should be out there fishing. It was 55 deg and they were wrapped up and I was in shorts, no shoes, well you probably see what I'm sayin.

Don't be afraid to get her dirty, she'll clean up okay. Just go dig some holes and fill them in. You don't have to please anyone but you and you have to make a bunch of mistakes to get good with your machine. Happy diggin'.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You have a backhoe now, if you get it stuck there is something seriously wrong if you can't get out.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
You have a backhoe now, if you get it stuck there is something seriously wrong if you can't get out.
Nice to be able to reach the loader controls and B/H controls at the same time. This allows you to literally "walk" the tractor out as I did at the bottom of a pond that I was cleaning out a couple of years ago.

Another time I was in the same area with my bush hog and got stuck when I inadvertently got into a wet area. There were storm clouds coming and I called my wife to bring the 4WD and tow rope. Had it out by the time she arrived by removing the mower, lifting the front end out of the mud with the fel and placing firewood under the wheels. I then went from the other side (drier) and removed the mower with the fel. This was the only time I got a little panicky since this area can fill up with three feet of water as it drains almost 100 acres.