Very disappointed with my LX 2610

Brian#99

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Oct 31, 2022
Ontario
HELP PLEASE

Hello everyone. Early July 2022 I purchased a brand new LX2610. Along with it I purchased the backhoe the front end loader pallet forks snowblower and wood chipper. It has been in the shop a total of six weeks. Three visits in total this last one lasting a month. The engine won’t run for more than two hours before the engine stalls. Sometimes it will restart, sometimes it will stall again when I get out of the driver seat to go to the backhoe and other times the starter motor locks out. Kubota is having a hard time figuring this one out. They give it back to me say it’s fixed but the same problem happens again. I am extremely disappointed and fed up. Has anyone had any experience similar to this and if so how was it fixed.

Brian

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I'm going to guess from your description that it's electrical triggering the Fuel shut off.
The starter is my clue. Probably a safety switch or the operator presence module.
I've had my LX2610 since 12/10/21 and have had only the clip for the left sway bar fall off. 52 hours on it and that's it. No problems knock on wood!

Brian#99

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Oct 31, 2022
Ontario
Hi Daferris. Thanks for your response
would the fuel shut off cause the starter motor to lock out?
parts already replaced include seat switch twice, engine temp sensor twice, PTO switch , PTO linkage adjusted..

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Had mine since 12/2020, with absolutely no problems in the 270 hours on the clock. Have used the BH to pull out more trees than I care to count, and to move logs for firewood in a volunteer firewood crew. Sorry you're having problems with such a good platform (IMHO....)

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Sorry you have having issues. I think I'd consider draining the fuel and change the fuel filter, but he starter lockout wouldn't be fuel related or hydraulics related causing the stall.

I have a L2501 HST 2020 model and the only issue I've had is the HST pedal switch came out of adjustment. But, I don't have a backhoe. I expect that's another level of complexity.

Good luck.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
To me the clue is the starter.... The tractor has a operator presence controller (OPC) that prevents the starter from operating as well as automatically shutting off the motor. Your dealer is on the right track but I don't thing digging deep enough. Yes the switches and the PTO switch adjustment could be tripping this but I think you have a loose or partially broken wire OR a cracked circuit board in the controller. When the vibration or movement it just right it breaks the circuit and the controller thinks that no one is in the seat.
Attached is the wiring diagram of that circuitry

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
To me the clue is the starter.... The tractor has a operator presence controller (OPC) that prevents the starter from operating as well as automatically shutting off the motor. Your dealer is on the right track but I don't thing digging deep enough. Yes the switches and the PTO switch adjustment could be tripping this but I think you have a loose or partially broken wire OR a cracked circuit board in the controller. When the vibration or movement it just right it breaks the circuit and the controller thinks that no one is in the seat.
Attached is the wiring diagram of that circuitry
I'd be checking, using contact cleaner and re-seating all the safety switch circuits. Check under the seat pan and trace wires looking for something out of place or a wire getting rubbed by some linkage somewhere. Make sure all wires and harnesses are secure.

Do you have a seat swivel or do you have to get off the machine and climb on the BH?

It's a new machine and the dealer should be doing all of this but it requires someone to be methodical and patient on their end. If they are using a flunky to simply change switches and sensors then it will be a long road to go down.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
It's a new machine and the dealer should be doing all of this but it requires someone to be methodical and patient on their end. If they are using a flunky to simply change switches and sensors then it will be a long road to go down.
Agree, you are going to have to help narrow it down.

I had a motorcycle that would just quit for no apparent reason. By the time I got pulled over it would be ready to start up again. To solve it, I wired 3 LEDs to critical 12V points and observed which light went off next time it quit. It was the kill switch, I touched it lightly and the light came back on.

I would put a light on the fuel shutoff, and another on the seat interlock.

Reactions: 1 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Given the short time you've owned it and its ongoing issues I would demand a new machine as yours appears to be a lemon with electrical gremlins the dealer cant find. If the dealer won't do it reach out to KTAC or start contacting corporate until you get a resolution.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Dealer should bench test/ replace the OPC controller ( computer). It's too bad there isn't a display to say WHICH switch, if any, is causing the failure. Generally a 'random' shutdown can be a bad switch but easily could be a connector not properly seated ,cable tied too tight or other 'electrical' gremlin.
curious, does a 'pulse' from the OPC send a signal to turn the 'key stop solenoid' briefly on then off to stop the engine ?

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Given the short time you've owned it and its ongoing issues I would demand a new machine as yours appears to be a lemon with electrical gremlins the dealer cant find. If the dealer won't do it reach out to KTAC or start contacting corporate until you get a resolution.
That's what I was thinking also. I would check into the lemon law for your state and how it relates to tractors. They aren't going to offer a new tractor, once the lemon law criteria are met, you have to officially request they honor that law. I had a GMC Yukon that met criteria. I had to get a lawyer involved, but once it reached the right person up the line, it was handled pretty quickly since the law is pretty specific.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The " LEMON LAW" is as I understand it only in the US and for passenger cars and trucks. I dont know if the GWN has anything lke that, and even if it did the law in most cases would not apply to equipment like a tractor.. Just MHO

Brian#99

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Oct 31, 2022
Ontario
Hello everyone I want to thank you all for responding. I feel it would be appropriate if I were to explain to you the final outcome regarding my earlier posting. The Kubota corporation has proven that they were as concerned about the issues with my tractor as I was. They have also proven that they take their corporate responsibility very seriously. I wrote a letter to management at Kubota Canada. It took only three days for them to make the right decision and informed me that they would replace the defective tractor. I received my new tractor yesterday. I put the snowblower on today just in time for this weather bomb of a winter storm that is about to hit Ontario. It is my opinion that we have all brought the right product from the right corporation.

with gratitude to Kubota Canada.

Brian

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Hello everyone I want to thank you all for responding. I feel it would be appropriate if I were to explain to you the final outcome regarding my earlier posting. The Kubota corporation has proven that they were as concerned about the issues with my tractor as I was. They have also proven that they take their corporate responsibility very seriously. I wrote a letter to management at Kubota Canada. It took only three days for them to make the right decision and informed me that they would replace the defective tractor. I received my new tractor yesterday. I put the snowblower on today just in time for this weather bomb of a winter storm that is about to hit Ontario. It is my opinion that we have all brought the right product from the right corporation.

Brian
This is some good news to hear, happy snowy days!

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Even though you had to endure the agonizing period of purchasing a 'lemon' tractor the ending of this story is incredibly uplifting, really glad to hear about Kubota stepping up & replacing the tractor. I'll bet your dealer had a part in the replacement decision as well.

Gotta love good news! :D

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

Brian
That is exactly the news we all want to hear. Just in time for the holidays and snow! Glad it worked out. Glad Kubota stood behind their product.

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I would suspect that the tractor will be sent back to a tech center for a more intensive teardown and troubleshooting. The problem has to be electrical not mechanical and they will want to find out if for example is there something that is needed to be revised on the production line. Is it a one off issue that affected you prior tractor? or is it related to the assembly process? It would be cool if they would get back with you on just what it ends up being...

Reactions: 1 user