V3800 Tier 4 Dyno Setup Based on SVL90-2

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
You're welcome!
I have a couple DPF delete calibrations for the V3800 Tier 4. However, I use them for testing purposes only and do not release them to the public.
Out of curiosity what are the differences you see using delete tunes? Over on the truck forums I've seen the, claimed, math that they won't pay for themselves. The emission difference is a whole 'nother can of worms so please ignore that for this question.

NPD

Equipment
SVL90-2
Apr 6, 2018
Minnesota
Regarding differences I see with delete calibrations, I only test with my control systems in a dyno cell under controlled conditions. That being said, the engines make spec horsepower and torque with deletes, normally within +/- 1 to 2%. And this is the same with other engine brands I test with and without deletes. All test results fall within our tolerances unless there is an issue with the engine itself. A DPF or SCR system deleted from the ECM during the dyno test overall makes virtually no difference, even on the ISX15 we test.

What I really gain is consistency of the tests and not having to follow OEM procedures to perform a DPF reset or regen in the dyno, which is a lot of down time and waste. Engine derates due to an emission control system lead to lack of productivity in the dyno cell, and in a production environment that kills profits.

I hope I answered your question. If not, please say more.

Have a great day!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
NPD - also thought the challenge faced when doing a “simple” dyno test today compared to 60+ years ago.

I have a 1953 Minneapolis Moline Tractor. You’re doing things they never imagined back then....
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
DM 4.2.0 is outdated. By several years. It should be updated, but to my knowledge the only way to do it is through kubota dealer system-which requires dealer-only access.

NPD

Equipment
SVL90-2
Apr 6, 2018
Minnesota
What is the latest version of DM? I have versions 4.1.2 and 4.2.0, and I was just at a Kubota dealer three days ago and they are using 4.2.0 as well. I have setup files for 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 but do not have databases for those versions.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I should have been clearer. Running a stock tune DPF/EGR delete apparently increases mileage. Their position was the fuel savings didn't justify the cost of the delete. My curiosity relates to the life cycle cost, environmental included. In other words does burning more fuel really pencil out for lower emissions?

NPD

Equipment
SVL90-2
Apr 6, 2018
Minnesota
I cannot really speak to that because I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I do not interface with end users and track the economy and performance of the engines they use that I built dyno control systems for to test. All the hardware and software I develop stays in-house to dyno test engines that customers buy.