Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I would agree if it were ike that here.

Taters planted and early squash.

Planting all other early veggies this weekend.

Waxed tractor last night and wore shorts to chicken pen to close door for the night.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I would be worried about avalanches on that steep hill.:eek:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Had very little snow, but the temps are bitter cold and winds were 50 mph. It was nasty. So wind is letting up and its grtting colder.
Three years ago we had ten times as much snow. Last sunday the dirt was starting to stick out in the farm field.

Last edited:

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Woke up to a "special weather advisory" for the mid-south area. Snow accumulations expected Saturday in TN to the MS boarder. WTF, it's supposed to be in the mid 60's today and sunny!

Now our snow "accumulations" may be 1" or 20", regardless everything will shutdown and all the grocery stores will be sold out of milk, bread and eggs 5 min after the local weather forecast say's that "S" word.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Been spring here since mid January. We are pretty much at the peak of pollen season right now. This is at least a month early, sometimes it doesn't happen until mid April. A lot of the fruit trees have already dropped the blooms. All the trees are leafed out or at least leafing out. Now they're calling for a possibility of freezing weather next week.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Woke up to a "special weather advisory" for the mid-south area. Snow accumulations expected Saturday in TN to the MS boarder. WTF, it's supposed to be in the mid 60's today and sunny!
A couple weeks ago it was 77 degrees on a Friday. The warmest day in February ever recorded here. On Saturday we woke up with two inches of snow.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Had very little snow, but the temps are bitter cold and winds were 50 mph. It was nasty. So wind is letting up and its grtting colder.
Three years ago we had ten times as much snow. Last sunday the dirt was starting to stick out in the farm field.
Same here, as sheepfarmer said colder than a witches nose or something like that!::rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It might April 17th before I can get taters in this year was nice and warm than back to deep freeze I aint getting no taters in for a while now

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Well after over a week of heavy pollen we got a heavy dusting of snow yesterday morning. There was actually pollen in the puddles where the snow didn't stick. It melted by mid afternoon, but then everything froze this morning. It's supposed to freeze even harder later this week.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
We're now in a warming trend, with rain every day. I was actually able to get all the snow and ice out of my driveway and main road. It's still 3' deep around the edges, but I can actually walk the roads.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Been a strange winter for sure, the storm that came up the east coast today is just about here and is gonna be mostly rain here then warming up.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
We're now in a warming trend, with rain every day. I was actually able to get all the snow and ice out of my driveway and main road. It's still 3' deep around the edges, but I can actually walk the roads.
Same here in Kellogg. North fork of the Coeur d'Alene River at Cataldo is pretty high. Wolf Lodge Campground is under water. It is starting to get soupy out there. We also still have quite a bit of snow around the shaded areas.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Strange seems to be the norm!

I conducted a control burn in short sleeves on our property this past Saturday, beautiful sunny day with slight breeze out of the north north west.

Sunday woke up to get ready for church and it was snowing, got enough to cover the grass, all melted as it turned to rain during church hours.

Monday back outside in the evening working in short sleeves and left for work this am with it 27.............................

How is that for temp changes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
No snow but 16f and 17 to 25 mph winds out of the NW,, almost to cold to go out and get wood

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Creature Meadow, that area you burnt off will be nice a green soon, with both moisture and warm temperatures. A burn sure makes things look nice after growth starts.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
We're having unseasonably cool weather right now, freeze warnings in effect last night and tonight :(.

This past saturday I burned a brush pile, knowing we were getting rain and snow Sat night. A cool 42* when I did the burn, but standing next to the fire it was nice out. Sure enough, started to rain about the time the fire was dying down, then started snowing about 9:30.
Snow was gone by noon on Sunday, but it sure was pretty out in the morning.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Neighbor's driveway and second trip into it yesterday. Did 3 neighbors plus mine.

I will NEVER consider premature snowblower removal again. [emoji15]

Our unscientific measurement was 34" yesterday. Ground was about bare prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Neighbor's driveway and second trip into it yesterday. Did 3 neighbors plus mine.

I will NEVER consider premature snowblower removal again. [emoji15]

Our unscientific measurement was 34" yesterday. Ground was about bare prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya RCW, took mine off Feb 24th, been threatened with 2 nor easters but lucky for me it turned out to be mostly rain..let's hope my luck holds.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
That's why I will keep the snow blade on for now, even though all my roads and driveway are down to gravel. If it comes off, the ground hog will see his shadow all over again, and six more weeks of winter!