Transmission Fluid

JamesK3200

Equipment
Kubota L3200 Tractor, Landpride backblade, Woods Brushhog, Ford 2 Bottom Plow
Jun 6, 2014
Oxford, MI, USA
I just purchased a new Kubota L3200 DT tractor with a LA524 loader. I have put less than three hours on the tractor and I have had to add transmission fluid twice to bring fluid level up to the level indicated in the operating manual. Currently the fluid level is not visible in the level gauge (milky color without a visible line). I am concerned that the fluid is above the gage and I am leery about adding additional fluid. Is it common to lose fluid (no visible leaks) on these tractors? Anyone have any advice on the subject?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Try to park it at different angles and look at the guage so you can see if there's a difference in level. The site glass is really hard to see new fluid in.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Mine was low from the dealer. I think it was a little over a half gallon low. How much fluid have you added so far?

How bad is it for the trans if you run to much fluid?

I would try what bulldog suggested.

FrankA

Equipment
L2800
Jun 9, 2014
Haslet, Texas
If the milky color you refer to is by looking through the sight glass, that could be the white paint painted inside the transmission to contrast the transmission fluid. To see the actual color of the fluid, aspirate a little fluid up from under the fill cap.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your not seeing leaks, it's not leaving puddles, and the oil in the motor is not overfull (happens when you blow a hydo pump seal), you have just over filled it.
Do like Bulldog suggested and change the angle and re-check.

JamesK3200

Equipment
Kubota L3200 Tractor, Landpride backblade, Woods Brushhog, Ford 2 Bottom Plow
Jun 6, 2014
Oxford, MI, USA
Bulldog, I parked the tractor at a different angle and was able to see the level in the level gage.

Benhameen, the fluid was low when it was delivered by the dealer. I had the same concerns about overfilling so had them add the fluid, about a quart. After filling it was obvious where the level line was.

Thanks to everyone for your help.