Tranny Leak... From The Top! B7200HST

Eagle Creek

Equipment
B7200 HST, loader and tiller
Got the last hose changed. Took the tractor out to push up the stall cleaning pile for the first time. Very enjoyable! However... the loader continues to fade. To keep it from fading I have to keep my hand on the operating lever holding slight downward pressure which keeps the piston of the operating lever unit from sliding further than it should (which allows the bucket to either fade (roll) down or the loader arms to fade down. Either I need a new operating unit or have this one re-built.

The tranny continues to leak. I'll check on the hose placement like Dusty-t describes. The fluid is not coming from the fill area. It's in that tunnel in the pictures where the tranny & rear join.

While pushing the poop pile I had the mower (hawg) on the back. I kept hearing a loud knock coming from the right rear wheel about every 2 1/2 turns. I was moving around slowly, forward and backward while this knocking or poping would occur. I watched the tire while this happened and noticed a definet jarring movement at the moment of the knock. The faster I'd go the less the knock would happen. It sounds like it's coming from the rear end. I tried it in & out of 4WD... no difference.

Took the rear mower off & ran it forwards & backwards in my driveway at a fast speed & the knock hardly ever happened. When it did it wasn't as hard of a sound as it is when going slow.

Any ideas on any of this?

......b

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Make sure the tph isn't swinging too far and hitting the tire. I understand what you are saying about the oil leaking under that plate. I was suggesting that if the return line had pressure it could force oil to places it should not be. Just grasping at straws. With the tractor running loosen the hydro filler cap and see what happens , just an idea ????.:D:D Dusty

Eagle Creek

Equipment
I leaned over on the right to watch what was happening when the knock occured. Thot that it might be the tph sliding too far but it wasn't. Started studying the hydraulic system in the WSM last night around 11... had to hit the sack before too long. Not very exciting reading!
Are loader controls re-buildable?

......b

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
The loud knock noise could mean you have a wheel bearing that is failing. The added weight of the mower would cause the sound to be louder.

As far as the leak, I had a leak on my Kubota that I swore was from O-rings that I thought had failed. I replace them only to find the leak was still there. The leak was worse when using the FEL or the 3PT hitch. Turned out the leak was caused by a hairline crack in the high pressure (metal) line coming from the pump. I had the crack welded up and that fixed the problem. Let us know what you find.

Eagle Creek

Equipment
I'm posting another pic of where the oil is coming from. The red area is the tunnel it flows out of. I can't get to it without separting the tranny from the bell house case or splitting the tractor (as far as I can see). The pump connects to the tranny and (I think) it is the culprit for the leak. There is a shaft (in blue) just below the tunnel where the oil comes from.
I may have to break down & take it to the shop. Scared to take it apart myself. Well.. I could take it apart, I jes don't know if I could get it back :rolleyes:

..b

Attachments

Eagle Creek

Equipment
Well, I gave up trying to sleuth out that leak. I'l drive it the way it is until I find some extra $$$ or get a job.

At least I got 2 things accomplished today; tightened the steering and found I could adjust the controls of the loader so it doesn't fade. :D

Cool, huh?

...b

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well at least you have a few good things happening. I am dealing with some leaks on my B8200 as well. You can keep driving it just make sure to check your fluid often and keep it topped up but not overfull. You keep bangin away at it and you will find the problem. We will help when we can. Keep us posted.:D Dusty

Booger

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 1, 2010
Huntsville, Arkansas
If you have a vent on the transmission it could be clogged up. My L295DT has one under the seat and I stuck a piece of wire in it to unclog it. I am in the process of replacing the gasket though because it blew the gasket when it clogged up.