Traded my L2501 HST for a Kioti DK4210SE

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
However, your final point is simply inaccurate and borderline ignorant. While not all specs are equal, Kubota, JD, Yanmar and other tractor manufacturers have comparable tractors to yours for equal or less money. Pricing depends on the dealer and your area.
Hey Rdcr, you may very well be right that it is ignorance on my behalf. In truth, I did not shop either JD or Yanmar and my predisposition was to buy another Kubota. Thinking back, my biggest regret of this whole thread I started was in the timing. In retrospect, I wish I would have posted it BEFORE having pulled the trigger on the Kioti. In other words, something like "I'm leaning toward pulling the trigger on this specific Kioti, does anyone have a Kubota model that they would recommend that would be comparable and that I should consider instead?" Had I done that, perhaps the "discussion" would have been a lot more constructive. Instead, I made the post AFTER the purchase - and despite being accused of several different motives, it was only my excitement to share potential tractor alternatives for others who may have had similar requirements as me.

At the end of the day, I am happy with my decision and purchase - I guess that's all that matters. If there's any take-away from this thread it is that I am at least one advocate that not every good, reliable, compact tractor wears the Kubota name. Not saying the others are better or certainly not that Kubota is bad - just that there are other alternatives which may be especially relevant in these times when all manufactures are experiencing low inventory challenges.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I get off on how close-minded and immature you are. I had not posted in this thread in a month - yet it moves forward - mostly with more Kubota owners with twisted panties in their crack. Isn't this the Orange Tractor forum? My tractor is orange. Let's watch all of the responses... you guys just HAVE to have the last word. Just too predictable.
Dude, nobody had posted since 3 August, and the thread was done. 23 days later you came back and stirred it up again. If you're expecting that a thread is only done if you post the last comment and nobody ever posts after you, then you're expecting too much.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Isn't this the Orange Tractor forum? My tractor is orange. Let's watch all of the responses... you guys just HAVE to have the last word. Just too predictable.
Why don't you read the "ABOUT US" paragraph at the bottom of every page on this forum. Kind of obvious really.

ABOUT US
  • Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners. OrangeTractorTalks brings together Kubota enthusiasts from around the world, into one place, purpose built just for them. Welcome!

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Why don't you read the "ABOUT US" paragraph at the bottom of every page on this forum. Kind of obvious really.

ABOUT US
  • Established in 2009, we are the largest online community of Kubota tractor and equipment owners. OrangeTractorTalks brings together Kubota enthusiasts from around the world, into one place, purpose built just for them. Welcome!
Ah, he hooks another fish!! He absolutely knows it's a Kubota forum, I'm presuming he got bored this evening and decided to pop in here and stir things up for entertainment. The actual definition of a troll.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ah, he hooks another fish!! He absolutely knows it's a Kubota forum, I'm presuming he got bored this evening and decided to pop in here and stir things up for entertainment. The actual definition of a troll.
Ironically, it was in part the endless trolling of @nota4re that took Kioti out of the running when I put a deposit down on a new MX6000 with a cab. That in combination with the fact that the used RX I test drove seemed old and worn with leaks everywhere despite such low hours, and also the fact that there's no Kioti support within 2 hours of me, just a shack by the road near the airport. Pity really since the salesman was a good guy with lots of product knowledge and a nice way about him.

Reactions: 1 user

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Ironically, it was in part the endless trolling of @nota4re that took Kioti out of the running
Trolling? Because I started a single thread about experiences upgrading from an L2501 to a God forbid, Kioti? That's trolling? If you're couldn't care less about the topic or learning anything about one person's Kioti experience, just don't click on the thread. There's LOTS of other threads!

• Dislike

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Trolling? Because I started a single thread about experiences upgrading from an L2501 to a God forbid, Kioti? That's trolling? If you're couldn't care less about the topic or learning anything about one person's Kioti experience, just don't click on the thread. There's LOTS of other threads!
That's rich! Telling a Kubota owner on a Kubota forum to go look at other threads while not taking the advice to go post about your Kioti on a Kioti forum.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
That's rich! Telling a Kubota owner on a Kubota forum to go look at other threads while not taking the advice to go post about your Kioti on a Kioti forum.
I'm telling YOU that you don't know the definition of trolling. Many, many threads on this forum about different tractors, attachments, issues, etc. This is single thread sharing experiences of having switched to a different tractor - as the thread title clearly states. Don't care or not interested? Perfect, why go in? But here you are again and again. Who's the troll? Seems that you're the one who keeps coming back. Maybe you are really having doubts... or at least your subconscious is?

• Dislike

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Who's the troll?
I take it that you are going to update this thread in a Kubota forum every 3 weeks because you say the people here want to know how your Kioti is working. Naw, you aren’t trolling at all.

• Haha

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
I take it that you are going to update this thread in a Kubota forum every 3 weeks because you say the people here want to know how your Kioti is working. Naw, you aren’t trolling at all.
Is someone forcing to repeatedly come back to this thread? You just keep posting and posting in this Kioto-centric thread and while some of your initial posts were mildly informative - it's been non-stop sour grapes since page 5. You are just an antagonist who is incapable of carrying an objective discussion.

Please stay if that's your passion, but add something that's constructive.

• Dislike

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Is someone forcing to repeatedly come back to this thread?
You keep posting which makes it appear on my list of Latest threads. Since I apparently have as much time to waste as you, I’ve posted, too.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I'm not sure why he took the incremental step from Kubota to Kioti, he should have gone all the way and bought a Mahindra.

• Haha

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I personally like Massey Ferguson. I’ve demo’d a couple of their tractors (1835MH & GC1725M) and always visit my local dealer when tractor shopping.
I really like the way the MF tractors feel operate. They’ve always impressed me.

I’ve never bought one.

I simply feel Kubota ultimately provides better quality and value.

When the time comes and I’m ready for another tractor, I’ll continue to cross-shop different brands (I’ll probably take a closer look at Branson next time around) however, I’d have to admit, it’s extremely likely I’ll end up with a Grand L or MX.

Mike

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
I don't necessarily "love" Kioti any more than I love Ford over Chevrolet. When it comes time to shop for a new truck, I will look at what the manufacturers have available, do my prudent research, and buy the best truck to fit my needs. In the last 10-12 years, I've had a diesel Silverado, then a Ram ecoDiesel, and now an F350 diesel. Specs-wise the F350 can run absolute circles around the Ram ecoDiesel, but I sure loved that ecoDidesel and it fit my needs (lower towing weight requirements) just fine.

I simply believe in eyes wide-open cross shopping to get the best value that I can for the money spent. I still like/respect Kubota as much or more than Kioti - but I just think that that Kubota didn't have anything competitive to offer in the scope I was looking for (and I'm not talking availability). To wit, the ONLY legitimate comparison that anyone here has suggested is an MX. When equipped like for like and if we compare "street prices", the MX would be ~$10,000 or almost a third more than what I spent on the Kioti. A couple of you have stated that the $10K up-charge would be worth it for you. Among other things, you get a bigger engine (2.4 versus 1.8), and 4-cylinders instead of 3. Yes, those are tangible difference but for me, it wasn't worth the added $10K. For someone else, maybe it was.

I think many of you reading the thread fully get it. I'm not here to persuade Kubota people to convert to the Kioti religion nor do I fault people like mcmxi for choosing the MX. Has he made a bad decision? I doubt it - but it doesn't mean that our buying criteria, proximity of dealership support and history, past experiences, are the same.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
I don't necessarily "love" Kioti any more than I love Ford over Chevrolet. When it comes time to shop for a new truck, I will look at what the manufacturers have available, do my prudent research, and buy the best truck to fit my needs. In the last 10-12 years, I've had a diesel Silverado, then a Ram ecoDiesel, and now an F350 diesel. Specs-wise the F350 can run absolute circles around the Ram ecoDiesel, but I sure loved that ecoDidesel and it fit my needs (lower towing weight requirements) just fine.

I simply believe in eyes wide-open cross shopping to get the best value that I can for the money spent. I still like/respect Kubota as much or more than Kioti - but I just think that that Kubota didn't have anything competitive to offer in the scope I was looking for (and I'm not talking availability). To wit, the ONLY legitimate comparison that anyone here has suggested is an MX. When equipped like for like and if we compare "street prices", the MX would be ~$10,000 or almost a third more than what I spent on the Kioti. A couple of you have stated that the $10K up-charge would be worth it for you. Among other things, you get a bigger engine (2.4 versus 1.8), and 4-cylinders instead of 3. Yes, those are tangible difference but for me, it wasn't worth the added $10K. For someone else, maybe it was.

I think many of you reading the thread fully get it. I'm not here to persuade Kubota people to convert to the Kioti religion nor do I fault people like mcmxi for choosing the MX. Has he made a bad decision? I doubt it - but it doesn't mean that our buying criteria, proximity of dealership support and history, past experiences, are the same.
D5CC7C18-86B4-499D-A4BB-AD797F65F6DE.jpeg

• Haha

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Very mature, Newaterman. Nothing constructive to add or say - so you just throw stones.