Traded my L2501 HST for a Kioti DK4210SE

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just think, I read this thread to pick up some information about another brand. I purchased an in stock Kubota three months ago and still have nothing due to quality issues. Now I need to make a decision about the useless tractor and dealer and move on. The squabbles on here are of no use to members like me.
Too bad that you have nothing after that length of time, but according to what you said in another thread, it doesn’t seem like a Kubota quality issue. Seems like a dealer/supply issue although you weren’t that specific on what you are waiting on.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Too bad that you have nothing after that length of time, but according to what you said in another thread, it doesn’t seem like a Kubota quality issue. Seems like a dealer/supply issue although you weren’t that specific on what you are waiting on.
Wrong pin in backhoe bucket with no grease fitting. (I fixed that)
Thumb kit is made wrong. (I made a temporary fix)
Backhoe cylinder leaks down. (Between Kubota & the dealer, nothing is happening)
Grease fittings were completely loose and painted shut. (I fixed that)
Backhoe stick and boom were colliding at full extension. (I fixed that)
Sloppy assembly of the swivel seat and wiring harness. (I fixed that)

Yes, some of these things are simple, but when you drive to the first dig and can't turn the seat, then return to make the repair is a fine way to start off.

Everything was in stock at the time of purchase but the quality of the backhoe is horrible. The Kubota support is supposedly involved, but nothing is happening. I have now lost an entire season of use with this "quality" unit out of service. I did post a few photos in an effort to convey some of the issues in a hope that others would benefit.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Wrong pin in backhoe bucket with no grease fitting. (I fixed that)
Thumb kit is made wrong. (I made a temporary fix)
Backhoe cylinder leaks down. (Between Kubota & the dealer, nothing is happening)
Grease fittings were completely loose and painted shut. (I fixed that)
Backhoe stick and boom were colliding at full extension. (I fixed that)
Sloppy assembly of the swivel seat and wiring harness. (I fixed that)

Yes, some of these things are simple, but when you drive to the first dig and can't turn the seat, then return to make the repair is a fine way to start off.

Everything was in stock at the time of purchase but the quality of the backhoe is horrible. The Kubota support is supposedly involved, but nothing is happening. I have now lost an entire season of use with this "quality" unit out of service. I did post a few photos in an effort to convey some of the issues in a hope that others would benefit.
I’d call that dealer issues. It should have been completely checked out by them, and demoed to you at delivery. It doesn’t sound like that happened.

I read here that the tractors are painted after assembly at the factory. The dealer should have removed the paint. If they missed one, that would be possible if they missed all, they didn’t try very hard. That they have the wrong parts could also be a dealer issue.

A good dealer should check everything out because sometimes things are missed. Sounds like your dealer is pretty horrible. Sorry for that. If it’s possible, I’d check with a different dealer to try to get help from them/Kubota. You might need a different dealer in case any other issues turn up.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Wrong pin in backhoe bucket with no grease fitting. ( Kubota & dealer issue, dealer should have had enough sense to not install it since it was too short as well)
Thumb kit is made wrong. This one and another from a sealed box are wrong. (Kubota issue)
Backhoe cylinder leaks down. (Kubota issue, possibly valve fault)
Grease fittings were completely loose and painted shut. (Kubota issue with some dealer fault for not catching it while greasing)
Backhoe stick and boom were colliding at full extension. (Kubota issue)
Sloppy assembly of the swivel seat and wiring harness. (Dealer issue)

Hopefully folks will not defend Kubota for turning out unusable equipment and then wasting considerable time cleaning up their trash.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Just think, I read this thread to pick up some information about another brand. I purchased an in stock Kubota three months ago and still have nothing due to quality issues. Now I need to make a decision about the useless tractor and dealer and move on. The squabbles on here are of no use to members like me.
I don’t know which dealers are in your area but, if you’re done with Kubota…look into Massey Ferguson, Kioti/BobCat, Yanmar, New Holland, LS, Branson/Bad Boy and perhaps JD. Personally, I do like the MF product.

In all honesty, the vast majority of compact tractors are a good value. I just feel some are better than others.

Mike

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 7, 2021
WA
Hopefully folks will not defend Kubota for turning out unusable equipment and then wasting considerable time cleaning up their trash.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, both of my brand-new Kubota’s had to go back to the dealer for warranty work within the first 10 hours.

My 2020 B2601 had to go back for a no start issue. Loose safety switch harness. And, my 2021 L2501 had to go back for a leaking loader control valve. New o-rings were required.
Considering these issues, I’m still very very likely to continue giving my business to Kubota. I believe their products are a much better value than the competition. As my needs change, I will continue to cross shop other brands and dealers but, I still think I’ll probably buy another Kubota down the road.

Mike

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
In this thread, the importance of good dealer support has been (rightfully) brought up several times. Historically, I think Kubota's have had a better reputation for quality than other brands, but a problem can always pop-up. Good dealers may be more thorough in catching a potential issue before delivery but it always advantageous to have a good dealer nearby. I mentioned earlier that I had considered a Mahindra, and although that dealer was relatively close, their focus was trailer sales - not tractors. In diagnosing and fixing a tractor problem, I thought they would be about ZERO help.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Well, if it makes you feel any better, both of my brand-new Kubota’s had to go back to the dealer for warranty work within the first 10 hours.

My 2020 B2601 had to go back for a no start issue. Loose safety switch harness. And, my 2021 L2501 had to go back for a leaking loader control valve. New o-rings were required.
Considering these issues, I’m still very very likely to continue giving my business to Kubota. I believe their products are a much better value than the competition. As my needs change, I will continue to cross shop other brands and dealers but, I still think I’ll probably buy another Kubota down the road.

Mike

Loose wires and o-rings are one thing, but a design that cannot work with no clue on how they are going to fix it is quite another. Both the dealer and Kubota are clueless on this matter and any input from me is completely dismissed. Two months ago I asked for one simple measurement so I could determine if the boom was welded together correctly or if other parts are bad, but just who the H am I. They insisted that the tractor had to be at the dealership so that Kubota could measure using a micrometer which tells me all I need to know about the qualifications of the service department. Like give me a break, I own a tool & die shop and know how to measure, but in this case a string with knots in it would have been close enough to find the fault. Had they left the tractor in my possession, I still would have been able to use it with the faults, while they pondered their navels.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
In this thread, the importance of good dealer support has been (rightfully) brought up several times. Historically, I think Kubota's have had a better reputation for quality than other brands, but a problem can always pop-up. Good dealers may be more thorough in catching a potential issue before delivery but it always advantageous to have a good dealer nearby. I mentioned earlier that I had considered a Mahindra, and although that dealer was relatively close, their focus was trailer sales - not tractors. In diagnosing and fixing a tractor problem, I thought they would be about ZERO help.
Messick's is my closest dealer and I believe that most think they are one of the best. When I inquired there they could not give me any idea when a tractor would be available. So I went to another that had everything in stock and the price was less than an estimate from Messick's. The problems with the tractor likely would have been the same, but I suppose the service would have been much better.

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Came for the heading... stayed for the arguing :sneaky:

Reactions: 2 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 7, 2021
WA
Loose wires and o-rings are one thing, but a design that cannot work with no clue on how they are going to fix it is quite another. Both the dealer and Kubota are clueless on this matter and any input from me is completely dismissed. Two months ago I asked for one simple measurement so I could determine if the boom was welded together correctly or if other parts are bad, but just who the H am I. They insisted that the tractor had to be at the dealership so that Kubota could measure using a micrometer which tells me all I need to know about the qualifications of the service department. Like give me a break, I own a tool & die shop and know how to measure, but in this case a string with knots in it would have been close enough to find the fault. Had they left the tractor in my possession, I still would have been able to use it with the faults, while they pondered their navels.
So, if this is a Kubota design and/or engineering problem, are other owners experiencing the same failure?

Mike

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
So, if this is a Kubota design and/or engineering problem, are other owners experiencing the same failure?

Mike
All I know at this point is that at least two thumb kits are wrong. Others may be using their backhoes and don't know that the thumb should be able to move up the highest position. I have watched Youtube videos of the same model and those were correct.

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
All of this from your vast experience with your B-series ride-on mower? Wow, I feel so schooled!
ah there it is, the ole “that’s a cute lawn mower” insult. Ok Boomer, we get it. Thank you for showering us with your wisdom. By all means keep going, I’m sure you’re a blast at parties.
371A3210-BCCB-45DA-8B97-62442D8065CB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
ah there it is, the ole “that’s a cute lawn mower” insult. Ok Boomer, we get it. Thank you for showering us with your wisdom. By all means keep going, I’m sure you’re a blast at parties.
View attachment 63777
LOL right.

No worries, he has been at this for two years now and prefers Kioti to Kubota.

After he gets a few decades in he may offer some better advice.

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A lot of these dealers are acting like the HD dealers were back in the HD boom time,, take it or leave it. Call a Honda dealer and they would fall all over them selves for you,, thats just how it is. My dealer well they are someplace inthe middle hot and cold. I got what at least what I think was a fair deal on the B, but they opened a NEW store, and while I wont swear to it I think they are trying to make up money at the old store for the new one,, I mean when a dealer way out east will sell you what you need cheaper and including the shipping than the local guy will, to a faithful customer it makes me wonder. I know everyone has to make a buck, but if your people keep screwing over the customer base sooner or later they are going to catch on. And asta lumbago amigo, you see it all the time. The reason I went back was first one I bought, they were super about everything. and now like I said it depends

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
LOL right.

No worries, he has been at this for two years now and prefers Kioti to Kubota.

After he gets a few decades in he may offer some better advice.
Giddy up. You guys are just a lot more fun!! Yes, my direct tractor ownership spans just 4-years. My first tractor is a 2008 Case 580M Backhoe. It is a beast and I LOVE it. I purchased it from a utility company so it was well-maintained and in excellent condition. Never a rental. Funny because when it was delivered, truck driver looked at me and I looked at him to un-load it. Neither of us had driven one before!!

This damn thing will lift anything (it has the 4-in-one bucket) and likely really spoiled me on FEL lift capacity. I was doomed for disappointment with the limits of the L2501 - lol. While the 580 is wonderful and I plan to keep it for awhile longer, of course I couldn't attach any implements - brushhog, scraper, post hole digger, etc. Hence the purchase of the L2501. It did great at the tasks with the implements - no complaints! But, one day I want to sell the 580 and just have one do-it-all tractor and so I suppose that was when I longed for a slightly larger tractor than the L2501 - with greater lift capacities in particular. And then of course it is hot out.... and so a cab with AC was sure attractive! The Kioti DK4210SE with cab has been great so far - all 10 trouble-free hours of it! LOL When the 580 gets sold, I suppose I will purchase a backhoe attachment for the Kioti.

So, yes, that's the full extent of my tractor ownership experience!

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Seems to not make a lot of sense. Have a Case that will lift anything, but complain about a Kubota because it won’t lift enough. Or is it really that you wanted a cab and the only one you could find to buy was a Kioti. :D

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't like Kioti's lack of transparency when it comes to pricing. I can "build & price" any Kubota tractor combination I want on Kubota's website but I have to get a quote from a dealer for a Kioti. Nope, not doing that.

Maybe in a few years when I want a shuttle shift tractor in the 70 to 100 hp range I'll look at Kioti again, and hopefully they'll have fixed their website by then.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Or is it really that you wanted a cab and the only one you could find to buy was a Kioti. :D
Boy, Jim, you just really don't want to give it up do you? Dig, dig, dig. I'm thinking you have some kind of complex. But, if you want to spar, let's do it in a constructive way - maybe others can benefit. Here we go...

As I stated initially, I shopped the market openly and objectively. (Maybe not quite true because I was admittedly already a big fan of Kubota.) But, unlike many here- I was not afraid to look at other brands to see what they offered.

As we all know, I shopped Kubota, Kioti, and Mahindra (briefly). I purchased a Kioti DK4210SE-CH. So, Jim, let's say a close friend to you was enamored with this same Kioti tractor. But he speaks to you and you tell him the errors in is ways.... You say that instead of this Kioti, you should instead purchase a Kubota ______.

Just what would that model be? Further, in addition to Kubota's better reliability record and perhaps better service, what would you say are the differentiating capabilities making it a better tractor than the Kioti. Put up or shut-up - what tractor SHOULD I have chosen??