Tractor will not start today (BX2350, approx 16 years old)

SpokaneDude

Equipment
BX2350, FM 125 tiller, Land Pride blade, BotaProducts fuel & HST filter mods
Oct 24, 2020
Spokane, WA
Glow plug light is on, but there is NO clicking from the glow-plug relay; which do I replace?,
And while I'm at it, where can I find a BX2350 shop manual online without spending hundreds of dollars?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would first check the ol battery - one lose connection is enough to stop it in its tracks - the amps that is.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
As suggested, start at the battery. You can have the battery load tested to be sure it's up to the job. Clean the terminals and cable ends well and inspect the cable ends for corrosion. Replace on battery and tighten securely. If you can move them they're not tight. Follow the ground lead to the frame. Clean and tighten. Now you can start troubleshooting.

SpokaneDude

Equipment
BX2350, FM 125 tiller, Land Pride blade, BotaProducts fuel & HST filter mods
Oct 24, 2020
Spokane, WA
Well... sort of good news; It started a few minutes ago... there is a vertical lever that is right next to the lever that controls the speed... it was positioned up, so I pushed it down, and the engine started immediately! The other half of this problem is the key will NOT turn the engine OFF! I finally figured out that there is another button in the engine compartment, so I pushed that (not knowing what I was doing) and it shut the engine down.
I think I need to remove the dash, check the wiring and probably replace the key gizmo, and just get it ready for winter.,.. save the other items for spring, or call the dealer and ask them to come out ($150 per hour from the time they leave the shop,... got to think about that one a bit)

Any ideas or suggestions?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well... sort of good news; It started a few minutes ago... there is a vertical lever that is right next to the lever that controls the speed... it was positioned up, so I pushed it down, and the engine started immediately! The other half of this problem is the key will NOT turn the engine OFF! I finally figured out that there is another button in the engine compartment, so I pushed that (not knowing what I was doing) and it shut the engine down.
I think I need to remove the dash, check the wiring and probably replace the key gizmo, and just get it ready for winter.,.. save the other items for spring, or call the dealer and ask them to come out ($150 per hour from the time they leave the shop,... got to think about that one a bit)

Any ideas or suggestions?
It seems to me that the dealer would be the best option for you!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I think you're right, with winter fast approaching, I need it for snow removal... Thank you for the comment!
Replacing the key switch isn't brain surgery, but a twist of the chrome bezel until it unscrews, and then the switch drops down from under the dash. Unplug the old switch plug in the new switch and reinstall in the dash and tighten the chrome bezel. Repair completed.