TRACTOR SUPPY STORES for KUBOTA?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Coleman’s is another option for Kubota “superstore” if your local dealer isn’t doing it for you.

Reactions: 2 users

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Hello Orange Man,

I have found Messicks to be very good for parts, and their parts e-store is easy to use.

I have used E-parts.shop for some parts. I bought a top link from e-parts that seemed to be an exact duplicate of the Kubota OEM part at a much better price.

I think that you can't do "one stop shopping" for Kubota parts, fluids, ect. unless you buy from a dealer at dealer prices. Other than that, you need to have more that one source. Just an opinion for what ever it is worth.

I am lucky enough to have a dealer within five miles of home. When I order parts through them, I don't pay a freight change (if they add the items to an inbound stock order).

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
Well, Tractor Supply is selling more and more clothing and less tractor related items. I don't think you will find one that specializes in Kubota.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Well, Tractor Supply is selling more and more clothing and less tractor related items. I don't think you will find one that specializes in Kubota.
TSC now stands for:

Tack
Shoes
Clothes

The ones around here have just one isle about 20 ft long that is tractor related. About 30% of the place is a clothing store.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
your local dealer should have what you need.

online dealers are advertised "cheaper" however once you figure in the high shipping and handling, it ends up about the same as your local dealer. Plus your local dealer may have it in stock, and no waiting around for online sales to complete then having to wait for the ups/fedex/usps trucks to show up.

Steve Neul

Equipment
B5200
Jun 3, 2017
Terrell, TX
TSC now stands for:

Tack
Shoes
Clothes

The ones around here have just one isle about 20 ft long that is tractor related. About 30% of the place is a clothing store.
Maybe to keep from having to change their name they should make a line of clothing for tractors.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
These guys sell filter kits that are from VG quality MFGs that meet or exceed Kubota specifications but are not oem Kubota filters.

https://www.crossfilters.com/collections/kubota
Their total price is about the same as Kubotas and they state that you may get any of several manufacturers' filters. I also did not see any place listing the specs for the, it will screw on aftermarket cans they sell, nor did they state: "meets or exceeds Kubota's specs."

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
With this last comment, I am going to bed to dream of a Kubota Orange outfit!!!!
Come down to Central Texas and do something stoopid... and the County will GIVE you one of those Orange Jumpsuits. They even have an exercise-program picking up trash on roadsides under the supervision of an armed deputy riding in an air-conditioned pickup following you. 🤣
Free Lunch: Two slices bologna on white bread and all the water you want.

Chesapeake

Equipment
B6100
Apr 1, 2021
Washington
Their total price is about the same as Kubotas and they state that you may get any of several manufacturers' filters. I also did not see any place listing the specs for the, it will screw on aftermarket cans they sell, nor did they state: "meets or exceeds Kubota's specs."
They say on the site you can pick the brand if you desire. I picked Donaldson..... for my B6100 the kit was quite a bit cheaper than Kubota brand, but it’s probably the hydro intake screen that sways the price in my case.

I’ve yet to cut the oil filter apart and see how it looks inside. Listed specs look decent, but I don’t have Kubota specs to compare.

If Kubota is available, likely best to go that route, but if not that place is a decent option.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
TSC ...

That's what happened to Runnings also. You can get just about everything there from Walmart or Lowes, but there's an aisle with hitch pins and another for hydraulic lines/fittings. They do have some sub-compact sized implements out in the yard.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
When TSC’s started popping up here I was surprised to see they have little to do with tractors. Much less than the old FCX stores around here when I was a kid and we actually did some farming. TSC seems to be more targeted to “country lifestyle” than equipment support. Most of their implements, which aren’t plentiful, appear to be quite lightweight. Was looking at one of their single share plows for some ditching and thought if I hung a root with it good chance it would be a wadded up mess long before the tractor spun out, but could be wrong about that. Agri-Supply is much more ag related but there’s so little ag left in central NC I have to head east or west to find one. To get to any serious farm supply I have to travel at least an hour and a half. Even the local tractor dealerships are more oriented to landscaping and construction.

Last time I needed parts it wasn’t an emergency so I checked Messick’s, Coleman, and my local dealer. They were all very close by the time shipping and tax were added with the dealer being cheapest by a few pennies. I’m not into wasting money, but I’d rather support my local dealer anyway if cost is comparable.

Reactions: 1 user

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I've noticed similar with TSC. I've bought a couple implements there, but neither were very "serious" (a grading blade, which could use some weight, and a rake). I have rarely found anything there parts-wise to suit any of my needs.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
I've recently stumbled across an aftermarket parts site. They seem to carry a little of everything. I bought new glow plugs and glowplug controller from them. With shipping it was less than 1/3rd dealer price. I couldn't justify spending $178.00 plus taxes for the controller.

I can't believe the price difference between US and Canadian kubota parts! And unfortunately kubota has the border locked so we can't buy from the US.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a cheapskate, I will and do spend the extra for oem filters and oil. But if I can save $$$ on less important items, I rather keep that in my wallet.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
opening up a can of worms here I'm sure (sorta like oil wars)

kubota never (ever) gave any specifications for their fluids and MOST filters. So when I see the print on a fram (used as an example) box that says "meets kubota specifications", what exactly are the specifications that it meets since Kubota never published any?

Even as a dealer tech, service manager, parts manager, CSR, and had plenty of great contacts direct with KTC, only a very few times did I ever see or hear of any specification ever given for a fluid or filter. One was some of the common rail fuel filters, the other was an OLD filter I think L2350 as I remember. And even then it wasn't full spec--it was only the micron filtration rating, not any bypass, drain back, valve size, type, can size, shape, color, gasket material, thickness, pressure rating, filter media type and any of it's characteristics, or anything else. Similar with fluids. I had a one-on-one with one of the KTC engineers about this and they wouldn't even hint. The answer to the question was "what do we have to gain by publishing specifications?"---which was a good point. But they have plenty to lose. Remember, they aren't in business to just toss money away to some chinese place that wants to copy everything for 10% of the price and 2% of the quality.