Tractor shopping in Georgia

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Congrats. Nice machine! What decision / features made you choose that over the SU version of the same model?
The savings with the SU weren’t substantial enough to add back on the arm rests, cruise and completely loosing tilt steering to make sense to me.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Went and seen the tractor today. As well as paid some money down. They are waiting on tires/wheels and the rear remotes.

Also, the bucket that was on it had mounting holes for a cutting edge. Does piranha or EA make one that will bolt into the holes?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
2K in sales tax blows me away. No wonder people drive from all over to buy in NH.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The only thing that would scare me about that is until it is paid off it is owned by the finance company. I am not a lawyer and may be wrong but I believe if he doesn't pay it off and misses payments and the finance company wants to repo it you won't have a legal leg to stand on other than suing the seller. To be on the safe side you may want to pay off the lien and give the seller the difference (if there is any).
Two examples:

When buying untitled used equipment, ALWAYS obtain a Bill of Sale and a photocopy of the sellers I.D. The Bill of Sale should STIPULATE “Sold by John H. Doe who guarantees to perfect this sale at his own expense, in the state of (buyer’s residence) with clear titles, and free of all liens, claims and encumbrances”. I know of several instances where used equipment was taken in for service to find the service facility had an unpaid invoice or mechanic’s lien from previous owners and refused to release the equipment back to it’s present owner.
I am not a lawyer, but I insist on language such as the above whenever I buy anything used. (And when I sell something I also include the words “Sold As-Is, Where-Is, without warranty as to fitness of purpose or merchantability”.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
When buying untitled used equipment, ALWAYS obtain a Bill of Sale and a photocopy of the sellers I.D. The Bill of Sale should STIPULATE “Sold by John H. Doe who guarantees to perfect this sale at his own expense, in the state of (buyer’s residence) with clear titles, and free of all liens, claims and encumbrances”.......
Heck around here you're lucky if the seller can find the operators manuals much less a signed receipt from when they bought the tractor (if they even got one).

Digger.Jeep

Equipment
LX2610SU - GS1560, BB1260, BB20-48, RCR1860, PFL1242
Jul 11, 2020
Northwest Washington
How long is that trailer deck? I'm bringing home a similar setup soon (tractor and mower), and am wondering whether the 14' dump box will be long enough if I set the bucket up on the gooseneck.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
How long is that trailer deck? I'm bringing home a similar setup soon (tractor and mower), and am wondering whether the 14' dump box will be long enough if I set the bucket up on the gooseneck.
16’. It is a bit short with the box blade up there. But I shouldn’t be moving everything like that again.

Reactions: 1 user

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
16’. It is a bit short with the box blade up there. But I shouldn’t be moving everything like that again.
Congrats on the new tractor. I find myself in the same dilemma as you. I prefer the layout and comfort of the LX series, but also switching worrying if the tractor will weigh enough for the ground tasks(ie box blading driveway). I am right there with you about hating the floor layout on the standard L-series of tractors especially when compared to other brands these days.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Congrats on the new tractor. I find myself in the same dilemma as you. I prefer the layout and comfort of the LX series, but also switching worrying if the tractor will weigh enough for the ground tasks(ie box blading driveway). I am right there with you about hating the floor layout on the standard L-series of tractors especially when compared to other brands these days.
After putting about 10 hrs on it, I am 100% happy with my decision. From the loader work, to the smaller overall size in the woods and even some box blade work in the yard.

The only thing I would change is purchasing sooner!

Reactions: 4 users