Tractor running hot

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I’ve noticed my l3800 has been running a little hotter than normal. Not danger zone hot, just hotter than usual the last few times I’ve used it to cut the grass. I bought an extension for my air compressor so I could reach in around the radiator a little better. I didn’t really notice too much difference.

Can I use the coil cleaner that comes in a spray can? The kind you would use to clean your home AC coils.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I’ve noticed my l3800 has been running a little hotter than normal. Not danger zone hot, just hotter than usual the last few times I’ve used it to cut the grass. I bought an extension for my air compressor so I could reach in around the radiator a little better. I didn’t really notice too much difference.

Can I use the coil cleaner that comes in a spray can? The kind you would use to clean your home AC coils.
With the radiator cold, just use a garden hose. When water comes cleanly out the other side, your radiator is clean. Work your way up and down, from one side to the other.

maverill

Equipment
1995 B7100 HST 1008 HRS
Nov 28, 2016
Farwell, MI
It could be as simple as a loose fan belt. My B7100 was overheating because the fan wasn't spinning fast enough to cool the engine. The tightening procedure is in the owners manual.

evan waa

Equipment
bx2200
May 30, 2022
north dakota
I have two Kubota BX2200 and both tend to run hot the radiator and all screens must be spotless. On one of the tractors I installed a after mart radiator from a Honda auto this one has three rows of tubes and aluminum top and bottom tanks. Re bending of the shroud was required. Plan on a new fan more blades