Tractor is a blessing

TiftTyson

Equipment
2018 L2501 HST, LA 525 Loader, Landpride Rotary Cutter, Box Blades;Bush Hog Til
Mar 24, 2018
ATHENS, GA
So thankful for my Kubota. Over past two weeks I have used every attachment and implement one or more times. Need to cut a tree? The grapple or bucket are both back savers. Brush hogging, tilling, and spraying are now all done with less strain than with smaller yard equipment that I used for decades. I love working on my property because I can now get a lot done with a lot less physical strain.

If you don’t own a tractor and have tractor size tasks, owning one is a blessing. I especially enjoy teaching my 21 year old son to use our L2501. I enjoy watching him as much as I enjoy using it myself.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Tractors can sure help with tackling large jobs and even make small jobs funner.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Can't imagine life without one, congrats my friend. A word of advice, don't ever let your wife drive it or you may have to get another for yourself.;)

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The L2501 is quite a versatile machine, I enjoy mine.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
So thankful for my Kubota. Over past two weeks I have used every attachment and implement one or more times. Need to cut a tree? The grapple or bucket are both back savers. Brush hogging, tilling, and spraying are now all done with less strain than with smaller yard equipment that I used for decades. I love working on my property because I can now get a lot done with a lot less physical strain.

If you don’t own a tractor and have tractor size tasks, owning one is a blessing. I especially enjoy teaching my 21 year old son to use our L2501. I enjoy watching him as much as I enjoy using it myself.

I couldn't agree more. I wished I had mine years ago. I only have 6 hours on mine, but it has been a very productive 6 hours. This evening, I finished sloping a steep dirt bank in my field using my front end loader with Piranha tooth bar. I have had to hand cut the vegetation with weed eater and sling blade on it since I bought my place. I have also dug up rocks and some old stumps I have had to mow around for years. It really is nice to have.

LukyNumbrKevin

Equipment
2018 BX23s (TLB w/ a mower deck)
May 17, 2018
CT, USA
Can't imagine life without one, congrats my friend. A word of advice, don't ever let your wife drive it or you may have to get another for yourself.;)
HAH, I have had my BX for almost a year and a half and I couldn't pay my wife to get on the thing. Tried to teach her how to use it multiple times and she always has something better to do!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
There is a lot of truth to what you say here. I got very sick a few years ago and could not mow the lawn for several weeks. My wife took it upon herself to learn how to use the tractor and mow the lawn. She did the mowing four times while I was bedridden during that illness. She told me that she loved using that machine and still offers to "help" me mow the yard.

Now don't get me wrong, I like that she offers to do the work but I am afraid what the reciprocal would be if I gave in and let her mow the yard every time she asked if I wanted her to do some of it. I don't want to trade with her any of the chores she does around the house for her "help" mowing the yard. But you have to love a woman that cares enough about your well being to do your work for you when you are down. I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world nor the next.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
There is a lot of truth to what you say here. I got very sick a few years ago and could not mow the lawn for several weeks. My wife took it upon herself to learn how to use the tractor and mow the lawn. She did the mowing four times while I was bedridden during that illness. She told me that she loved using that machine and still offers to "help" me mow the yard.

Now don't get me wrong, I like that she offers to do the work but I am afraid what the reciprocal would be if I gave in and let her mow the yard every time she asked if I wanted her to do some of it. I don't want to trade with her any of the chores she does around the house for her "help" mowing the yard. But you have to love a woman that cares enough about your well being to do your work for you when you are down. I wouldn't trade her for anything in this world nor the next.
Sounds like you may have married my wifes twin. :D

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Sounds like you may have married my wifes twin. :D
I have read many of your posts. I know that your wife is a special person by what you have posted. Mine and yours may just be twins in spirit if not in reality.

jonmad

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 7, 2018
Lebanon

I got a good one too. Similar situation. She was afraid of the steep slopes but did it anyway. Blessed with a Kubota and a soul mate.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have not mowed the yard at our house since about the beginning of time! We got a new grasshopper 2 years ago. I've never set in the seat. She gets bored and gets the B7100 and mows the back 3 acres, just to keep busy I guess.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
My wife doesn't mow grass but is asking for loader put back on the B she has flower planting work to do.
My plans bucket doesn't go on until late October being its her tractor I see bucket going back on this afternoon lol