Torque Wrench

rookiejeff

Equipment
Kubota B3300SU, snowblower, FEL
Sep 10, 2010
marquette,mi,usa
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good torque wrench and necessary basic tools for general maintenance on my new b3300su. Thanks!

Dennis

Jul 28, 2010
Queensland Australia
Different torque wrenches have different ranges for their torque settings.
After some research I figured the most useful range for my B7100 was about 10 to 70 ft/lb . The drive size of the wrench will vary according to the torque range.

I got a good mid range price one here for A$100. You'll get them cheaper in the USA

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have a 1/2 drive Craftman that goes to 150 lbs and it has worked good for me. It does most of what I need. The only thing so far I have ran into is the torque on the rear tires. 150 lbs isn't high enough. I would like to get a 250 lb Snap-on and be done with it. The Craftman is no where near as well built. You get what you pay for.

jonyyuma

Equipment
2003 L3000dt{sept.-10}, loader, tiller
Aug 13, 2010
millington,tn, usa
Hi, I started with Sears Beam type years ago for automotive and it has served me well. I now have the break, and click and a dial type. I always try not to exceed their max ratings..They all have their uses and functions. I bought two of them second hand at sales, they checked okay. JY.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I have an old "Spartan" beam torque wrench that is super. My dad used this thing when he was doing some wrenching and he gave it to me when I started in an Oldsmobile (anyone remember that name :D) dealership. This wrench is more than 44 years old and I have done everything from wheels to intakes ranging from production vehicles, drag race build ups to farm implement and hydraulic work. We have a certified torque tester at work for legal liability reasons and my wrench is only 2% off where the limit allows for 4% over 100ft lbs.

Of course I used it building my L175 Z750 engine back and still use it for torquing the wheels on my 3500 Dually. :D :D :D

Good material is what makes it work well.

I really like the beam overall because the precision of a fastener can be checked in either direction and it doesn't loose calibration like a clicker. The clicker is great for fast paced work and it does well there. :D

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Neu Tool has a digital one that will read in inch pounds, ft. pounds, and newton meters. It has an audible tone and digital readout. I think it was about $200.

Bob