Top n tilt

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This piqued my interest enough I checked the dimensions of the OEM top link on my L3901. The 18 x 26 cylinder is a near perfect match so I ordered one - $149.42 delivered. Its been on my wish list for a while.

Dan

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
it's not going to fit the tractor side out of the box, the spacing between the ears of where its pinned (speaking for BX, B2601 and LX, I dont know about the larger tractors). It's why Brian cuts the end off and welds new ends on. Particularly the geometry on the side link. He doesn't have a 24 week backlog of work because the stuff is available at the corner hydraulic shop. It sounds like the tractorinnovations is providing a similar service, and that's great.

I don't want to find bushings, install restriction valves to slow the movement, I definitely don't want to weld. I want to pay someone, and when the stuff shows on my door step, I can hook it up and get to work.

But hey, slap some bushings on there you'll be set and save a bunch of money

Last edited:

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Just got mine installed today. Quality is top notch and worth the wait. I'm still working on the hose routing as I like to drop the box blade below the tires sometimes.
PXL_20220404_191730008.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
it's not going to fit the tractor side out of the box, the spacing between the ears of where its pinned (speaking for BX, B2601 and LX, I dont know about the larger tractors). It's why Brian cuts the end off and welds new ends on. Particularly the geometry on the side link. He doesn't have a 24 week backlog of work because the stuff is available at the corner hydraulic shop. It sounds like the tractorinnovations is providing a similar service, and that's great.

I don't want to find bushings, install restriction valves to slow the movement, I definitely don't want to weld. I want to pay someone, and when the stuff shows on my door step, I can hook it up and get to work.

But hey, slap some bushings on there you'll be set and save a bunch of money

You still don't get it do you? This is not about Brian. It is about the kits sold by Tractor Innovations. They are simply OTS cylinders.

I have a L3901 and I have measured. I have looked at the dimensional drawing for the Magister cylinder I just purchased and it should fit fine. The base end eye is 1.1" wide and 3" long from center of pin eye to tube. I will have to machine two press fit reducing bushings for the eyes. That should take about 15-20 minutes. Because I am fussy about fit I will also have to make up two custom hose assemblies of the proper length. That will be another 15-20 minutes. No offense to Brian but I will be done and installed months before he could deliver a kit.

If this does not work as a top link on the L3901 it will get used on something else. I will let you know how the story ends.

Story ends with order canceled by vendor - cylinder not currently available from manufacturer.

Dan

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
I've looked through a lot of threads to find a source for a side link tilt cylinder for the LX2610, other than Fitrite. I would love to have one from Brian but the current wait time is 36 weeks....9 months! Can anyone point me in the right direction of another source for a short cylinder with angled clevis ends? Thanks.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
You still don't get it do you? This is not about Brian. It is about the kits sold by Tractor Innovations. They are simply OTS cylinders.

I have a L3901 and I have measured. I have looked at the dimensional drawing for the Magister cylinder I just purchased and it should fit fine. The base end eye is 1.1" wide and 3" long from center of pin eye to tube. I will have to machine two press fit reducing bushings for the eyes. That should take about 15-20 minutes. Because I am fussy about fit I will also have to make up two custom hose assemblies of the proper length. That will be another 15-20 minutes. No offense to Brian but I will be done and installed months before he could deliver a kit.

If this does not work as a top link on the L3901 it will get used on something else. I will let you know how the story ends.

Story ends with order canceled by vendor - cylinder not currently available from manufacturer.

Dan
dude, there is nothing "to get" :ROFLMAO: take a deep breath and clam down.

im saying for the smaller tractors there are no "off the shelf" top and tilt links that you can buy and just install onto the machine without doing some amount of fabrication work. It's not about anyone in particular. I've been wrong before, and tractor innovations is new to me so it's great to see someone else able to provide a product that fits out of the box if this is the case.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I've looked through a lot of threads to find a source for a side link tilt cylinder for the LX2610, other than Fitrite. I would love to have one from Brian but the current wait time is 36 weeks....9 months! Can anyone point me in the right direction of another source for a short cylinder with angled clevis ends? Thanks.
That sounds like its going to be a custom cylinder. Picture and length of the OEM you want to replace.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

im saying for the smaller tractors there are no "off the shelf" top and tilt links that you can buy and just install onto the machine without doing some amount of fabrication work. It's not about anyone in particular. I've been wrong before, and tractor innovations is new to me so it's great to see someone else able to provide a product that fits out of the box if this is the case.
I am not "uncalm". I have no doubt the Tractor Innovation top link cylinders fit "out of the box" but as I said I do doubt they are custom made. The description matches and they look very much like the "off the shelf" cylinders made by Grizzly. The 20x28 cylinder is $150 from AgriSupply. Customer supplies the hoses and tips.

Dan

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

I had no sooner posted my previous replay when Fedex pulled up with this Magister cylinder that I ordered YESTERDAY. It was $169 dollars delivered.

Its a scant 1/2" longer than the OEM top link on my L3901 and will need two Cat 2 to Cat 1 reducing bushings. Otherwise it fits the hitch on the tractor just fine and will be operational later today. This will make one heavy duty top link.

Dan

20220408_123415[1].jpg

Untitled.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thanks--that should work.
Al
The only thing I would mention is with a 6" stroke cylinder you will be limited on how much you can raise the lift arm from level before you bottom out the cylinder.
I used a 4" stroke cylinder for the one I made. I also bought a spare fixed side lift rod to cut up to make the ends for the cylinder as it was easier and faster than fabbing up my own. If I were to do it over again I would have gotten the 1.5" bore cylinder as the 2" one I think was overkill. But it did give me more area for welding the brackets on.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I had no sooner posted my previous replay when Fedex pulled up with this Magister cylinder that I ordered YESTERDAY. It was $169 dollars delivered.

Its a scant 1/2" longer than the OEM top link on my L3901 and will need two Cat 2 to Cat 1 reducing bushings. Otherwise it fits the hitch on the tractor just fine and will be operational later today. This will make one heavy duty top link.

Dan

View attachment 77946

View attachment 77945
I don’t think that monsterous rod end will fit my little B2601, even if the lengths were equal. I know for the smaller compact and subcompact kubota tractors they require a smaller diameter rod end than what is normally available.

The tractor innovation top link was not as nice as the previous one I had for my BX from fit rite, but with the much shorter lead time and lower cost it was worth taking a chance on. So far I’ve been happy with it and I changed my top link order with fit rite to a side link so I’ll have a top and tilt.

Hope what you found works for you, but I don’t think it would work on the B01 or LX series.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
I have agristore top tilt cylinder. Works great.

Regarding talk about using box blade...Ideally you want it set to about position 4 (mid height on L series) or 1/4-1/2 inch off the ground when tilt is level. Then you use top link to angle blade/ tines to dig or other way to drop dirt level. You don't use 3 point raise or lower or 'drop it down." If the box blade is level, you'll be cutting/ dispersing at the same height/level as your rear wheels (no suspension unlike the front) including if your front wheel wheels hit high spots, the box blade will float up, however if you have adjust it to dig (blade angled down), it will always dig... also if you tilt back blade, it will disperse. It's not the easiest thing to use and hard to explain. You end up one hand wrapped around seat constantly holding remote leveler and looking backward + forward etc. Done right, you get impressive results though. This isn't a 'drop it and go' implement unless you're just looking to make a mess.

Side hydraulic link for L series is pretty much out of stock everywhere (all brands). You honestly don't really need aside from crowning trails/dirt roads. I've been looking for 3 months and finally found one, but they have yet to ship it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I don’t think that monsterous rod end will fit my little B2601, even if the lengths were equal. I know for the smaller compact and subcompact kubota tractors they require a smaller diameter rod end than what is normally available.

The tractor innovation top link was not as nice as the previous one I had for my BX from fit rite, but with the much shorter lead time and lower cost it was worth taking a chance on. So far I’ve been happy with it and I changed my top link order with fit rite to a side link so I’ll have a top and tilt.

Hope what you found works for you, but I don’t think it would work on the B01 or LX series.
That particular cylinder was chosen for an L3901 and is way too big for a B or BX. It will barely pin on to my old B7200. The LX is really a rebadged B so it may be too big for them as well.

Dan

Alpo

Oct 25, 2020
Idaho
The only thing I would mention is with a 6" stroke cylinder you will be limited on how much you can raise the lift arm from level before you bottom out the cylinder.
I used a 4" stroke cylinder for the one I made. I also bought a spare fixed side lift rod to cut up to make the ends for the cylinder as it was easier and faster than fabbing up my own. If I were to do it over again I would have gotten the 1.5" bore cylinder as the 2" one I think was overkill. But it did give me more area for welding the brackets on.
Cool, thanks!