LX2610 Hydraulic side link fabrication total cost $271.00

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Hydraulic side link fabrication. This was more involved as I could not find a cylinder that was more or less a bolt on option at an affordable price. I ended up modifying a cylinder. As well as buying a spare side link to cut the mounts off of.

Total cost for this project was $271.60 plus my time

Magister WCT 2x4 cylinder $151.00

This is a 2” bore 4’ stroke cylinder with cross tube mounts. I had to cut the mounts off both ends as well as about 1” of the cylinder rod. I welded the lower arm bracket to the fixed end of the cylinder as that bracket was bigger than the diameter of the rod. Then I welded the top mount for the lift arm to the cylinder rod. You will either need to weld in steps allowing the cylinder to cool after running a bead. Of disassemble the cylinder to protect the seals from the heat. You also will need to protect the cylinder rod from weld splatter. I used the 2” cylinder but a 1.5” cylinder is $30 cheaper and probably will work just as well.

I got a 36” premade ¼” hose from a local farm and fleet store for $16.99 to make the hoses from.

The fittings I used were from hydraulics direct dot com the cost was $38.97 because I used reusable ones instead of the cheaper crimp on ones for the lines.

Hose ends are part R2-RE-FJX-04-04 ¼” hose to ¼” Female JIC

Cylinder fittings are 6801-04-06 90 degree elbow ¼” JIC – 7/16-20 o-ring boss

For the Top link see this page HERE

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Sporto

Equipment
B2601-1, FDR1660, RTA1258, BB1560, LR1672, PFL1242, MK Martin Snow Blower
Mar 20, 2021
Manitoba Canada
I like it as well. When I put the top hydraulic top link on my tractor I had looked for the matching side link but no joy. This has given me inspiration to do my own.

mmh16

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 19, 2022
California
Hydraulic side link fabrication. This was more involved as I could not find a cylinder that was more or less a bolt on option at an affordable price. I ended up modifying a cylinder. As well as buying a spare side link to cut the mounts off of.

Total cost for this project was $271.60 plus my time

Magister WCT 2x4 cylinder $151.00

This is a 2” bore 4’ stroke cylinder with cross tube mounts. I had to cut the mounts off both ends as well as about 1” of the cylinder rod. I welded the lower arm bracket to the fixed end of the cylinder as that bracket was bigger than the diameter of the rod. Then I welded the top mount for the lift arm to the cylinder rod. You will either need to weld in steps allowing the cylinder to cool after running a bead. Of disassemble the cylinder to protect the seals from the heat. You also will need to protect the cylinder rod from weld splatter. I used the 2” cylinder but a 1.5” cylinder is $30 cheaper and probably will work just as well.

I got a 36” premade ¼” hose from a local farm and fleet store for $16.99 to make the hoses from.

The fittings I used were from hydraulics direct dot com the cost was $38.97 because I used reusable ones instead of the cheaper crimp on ones for the lines.

Hose ends are part R2-RE-FJX-04-04 ¼” hose to ¼” Female JIC

Cylinder fittings are 6801-04-06 90 degree elbow ¼” JIC – 7/16-20 o-ring boss

For the Top link see this page HERE
Very nice. Looking to do something similar and I am curious if you know what the length of your fixed side link is from hole-to-hole?
Thanks

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Very nice. Looking to do something similar and I am curious if you know what the length of your fixed side link is from hole-to-hole?
Thanks
I forget without going to measure the fixed link. But the travel with the hydraulic one I made is from -1.5" to +2.5" as I recall the 1.5" bore cylinder is a bit shorter and would be more equal in travel.

meridien

Equipment
2017 L3301HST, LA525, RCR1260
Aug 11, 2021
SE Indiana
Since I'm planning to move the adjustable side link to the left side, I was thinking I could cut the fixed side link and use the ends from it.

Is that a good way to go for this upgrade?

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Since I'm planning to move the adjustable side link to the left side, I was thinking I could cut the fixed side link and use the ends from it.

Is that a good way to go for this upgrade?
I a nutshell that is what I did. Except I bought a new fixed side link so I still had a rigid one should I ever want to remove the one I made. Think it was only $50 for the new one.
Dave