Tool Box

Jimmysal

Equipment
B1750HST, RC60 MMM, LA300 FEL, TSC 48" BoxBlade, PTO Dbar chains tongs old Stihl
Aug 26, 2010
Vermont
I have a similar problem. ATM, I just keep everything in the FEL bucket, but that solution is far from ideal. I use a PTO Drawbar on my lower links when I'm skidding logs, and typically take the top link off to prevent me from attaching logs to stupid places on accident. I had a thought the other night though:

I could fab up a sheetmetal "shelf" that attaches to the top link, and to either side of the PTO drawbar. Next, I would attach my toolbox/cooler/milk crate full of goodies to the shelf.

Just a thought, if I make any drawings or actually fab the thing, I'll post pics.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Is there any way to attach a small crate or something of that nature to the sub frame of the loader? Just a thought.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
First thing I thought when I got my tractor was "what a ridiculous toolbox." The only space large enough and out of the way I found for another was between the hood and the FEL frame. I made up a tray out of plywood with two parallel blocks on the underside that simply wedges onto the FEL support frame. Keeps the toolbox in place nicely and is very easy to access, or lift out and take it where I need it.

Also whipped up a simple box for chains. It rests on the FEL frame and is secured by a single bolt to the sheet metal directly in front of the clutch.

Works for me!

Attachments

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
First thing I thought when I got my tractor was "what a ridiculous toolbox." The only space large enough and out of the way I found for another was between the hood and the FEL frame. I made up a tray out of plywood with two parallel blocks on the underside that simply wedges onto the FEL support frame. Keeps the toolbox in place nicely and is very easy to access, or lift out and take it where I need it.

Also whipped up a simple box for chains. It rests on the FEL frame and is secured by a single bolt to the sheet metal directly in front of the clutch.

Works for me!
Looks kinda funny, but it works very well - I have about 50' of chain, 25' in each 4" tube!

Attachments