Titan 3pt trailer hitch

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have no experience with Titan stuff, nor do I know anything of their reputation. Did you do a google search for reviews on their products?

A trailer mover is a very simple device, and whether it will hold up or not would depend on what your plans are, and how frequent you plan to use it. I built my own using a class 3 trailer hitch. It isn't a work of art, but it more than suffices, and I probably don't use it but once or twice a year.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I think agrisupply.com's stuff is generally cheaper than the company you asked about. If you are gonna buy chinese shi er stuff, you might as well get it at the cheapest price...:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I made one out of a piece of angle iron. Welded a couple hitch pins and a spot to attach the center link to. Can't get much cheaper then that. :D I use the hell out of that thing :cool: I Wouldn't use it to haul something super heavy, but is perfect for what I need.

jd57

Equipment
L225, kingkutter 4' bushog,A&B 4' boxblade
Dec 14, 2014
hilham,tn.
Thanks for the replies fellas. I didn't realize Titan was made in China, I will not be purchasing their product. Who makes a similar product that's not made in China?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Thanks for the replies fellas. I didn't realize Titan was made in China, I will not be purchasing their product. Who makes a similar product that's not made in China?
Check out this post on GTT: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/18307-pallet-forks.html#post200590

While a lot more expensive, Heavy Hitch makes theirs in the US, and does whoever make this one for JD I believe.

http://heavyhitch.com/

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...cuts/720969235_femco_receiver_hitch_cuts.html

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I googled welding in Hilham TN. and found this www.frontiernet.net/~jetfab/#! 20 miles south of you. If you don't want to give your $ to china you could hire the work local and keep the $ local.
Jetfab Inc.
2021 Brown Ave
Cookeville, TN 38501

Phone: 931-528-5322
Fax: 931-528-5302

Email: jetfab@frontiernet.net

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I googled welding in Hilham TN. and found this www.frontiernet.net/~jetfab/#! 20 miles south of you. If you don't want to give your $ to china you could hire the work local and keep the $ local.
Jetfab Inc.
2021 Brown Ave
Cookeville, TN 38501

Phone: 931-528-5322
Fax: 931-528-5302

Email: jetfab@frontiernet.net
That's an excellent suggestion. It is a simple device, and one that any competent shop could whip out, and be stronger than a mass-produced Chinese one. Support local businesses.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I intend to get one. I am just going to try to find it cheaper than the $74.00 + Tax that Titan is selling it for.
You get what you pay for. I have a small manufacturing business, and I know what it costs to stock steel, a good welder, plasma cutter, press, drill press, hardware, primer and paint, welding supplies, shipping supplies, etc. The only way that they can sell them for $74 is to mass produce them. If you find one cheaper than that, check it over real good. There has to be compromises to quality.

jd57

Equipment
Dec 14, 2014
hilham,tn.

jd57

Equipment
Dec 14, 2014
hilham,tn.
Check out this post on GTT: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/implements-attachments/18307-pallet-forks.html#post200590

While a lot more expensive, Heavy Hitch makes theirs in the US, and does whoever make this one for JD I believe.

http://heavyhitch.com/

http://salesmanual.deere.com/sales/...cuts/720969235_femco_receiver_hitch_cuts.html
These look to be well made, going to check w/ the local fella 1st that alanzs found and see if he gets involved in welding up that kind of stuff.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I intend to get one. I am just going to try to find it cheaper than the $74.00 + Tax that Titan is selling it for.
I contacted Titan and ended up ordering one of their Clamp on Bucket Hitches. When I first went to their website they added sales tax and I did not like that. I wrote an email to them and received a reply the same night. They had a glitch in their web order form that added sales tax for everyone, even out of state orders. I called their attention to it and they had it corrected the very next day. I was very satisfied with their customer service. They were very responsive to the point of answering an email that I sent to them way after their stated closing time. That is service in my book. I will receive the Clamp on Bucket Hitch on Monday and if I remember, I will post my thoughts on the quality. Truthfully, if the Clamp on Bucket Hitch is half as good as their customer service I will be satisfied. BTW, I did some research and although I cannot prove it the Clamp on Bucket Hitch that Titan sells appears to be the same one that is sold on several other websites. Titan has the best price for it though; especially since they don't charge for shipping or sales tax out of TN.

If it sounds like I am a cheerleader for Titan, I am. I just love it when a business gives exceptional customer service.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bad customer service is a pet peeve of mine.

What I found that works REAL GOOD is when I'm in a store and can't get help (often people standing around not even trying to help), I simply pull out my phone and call the store! They get to hear their own music in the background!

Lately, I was in a feed store looking for a product I had purchase some of two weeks earlier. I couldn't find it. They had re-arranged things. After about 5 minutes of walking isles looking and not even seeing an employee, I called. I said, "Do you folks carry scarlet oil?" "Yes", was the reply. "Where is it located?" "Over by the horse wormers". Finally I said, "I've been walking around looking for it, can you come and find it for me?"

They usually show up pretty red faced.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bad customer service is a pet peeve of mine.

What I found that works REAL GOOD is when I'm in a store and can't get help (often people standing around not even trying to help), I simply pull out my phone and call the store! They get to hear their own music in the background!

Lately, I was in a feed store looking for a product I had purchase some of two weeks earlier. I couldn't find it. They had re-arranged things. After about 5 minutes of walking isles looking and not even seeing an employee, I called. I said, "Do you folks carry scarlet oil?" "Yes", was the reply. "Where is it located?" "Over by the horse wormers". Finally I said, "I've been walking around looking for it, can you come and find it for me?"

They usually show up pretty red faced.
I have to agree about customer service. Tsc is the only place in town to order cub cadet parts. Went in on a saturday morning, stood at the customer service counter for about 10 minutes. Employees kept looking at me but wouldn't come over. They were setting up a display. I finally walked over to ask if I could get some assistance ordering parts. The same guy that kept looking at me was the idiot working the counter :mad: he said he would be right over. Another ten minutes goes by :mad: I'm steaming mad by this point. Guy comes over, asks what I need. I tell him the parts, and what they go on. He proceeded to tell me they can't order the parts on saturday and I would have to come back monday :mad:I had a pretty healthy chat with the store manager about the piss poor service

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Never thought of calling for service. Did it once in a restaurant though.

Customer service and quality products. Thats what we all pay for,yet rarely recieve. Our landfills and scrapyards are a testament to that.

Restaurants- good,cheap,fast and clean. Up here we get to pick two.

I have my own welders, plasma, press , drill press and lathe. I make my own art-tattchments.

Last edited: