Titan 3 point quick attachment (Type 1)?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Got my Titan 3 point quick connect. Well, its 30 inches wide. My 3 point back blade is 24 inches wide at the lower pins. Do they make replacement pins for wider attachments? The humongous top hook is so thick, can't hook into top of my ballast box and shy 2 inches on the bottom pins. Probably do some grinding to on the hook to make it work or grind a little on the box. The bottom pins will sit on the bottom hooks but the clevis pins can't be used. Could probably use some type of washers to keep it from sliding off on one side. Bought this to reduce hooking up time and aggravating my bad back more. Need some guidance on my issues. Thanks.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Got my Titan 3 point quick connect. Well, its 30 inches wide. My 3 point back blade is 24 inches wide at the lower pins. Do they make replacement pins for wider attachments? The humongous top hook is so thick, can't hook into top of my ballast box and shy 2 inches on the bottom pins. Probably do some grinding to on the hook to make it work or grind a little on the box. The bottom pins will sit on the bottom hooks but the clevis pins can't be used. Could probably use some type of washers to keep it from sliding off on one side. Bought this to reduce hooking up time and aggravating my bad back more. Need some guidance on my issues. Thanks.
Did you put the bushing kit on ?

Reactions: 1 user

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Ordered the step pins too to cover my arse. Thanks again.
I actually got mine at tractor supply if you have anything like that near by.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
I actually got mine at tractor supply if you have anything like that near by.
A little ways away, about an hour. Oh well, order placed. May have to take a trip down there to see what they have since I’m still learning this stuff. Thanks again for your help. This forum is an invaluable tool to help us newbees.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Did you put the bushing kit on ?
Got my bushings in. Seems these bushings are for larger tractors, not type I. Slid this big hulking piece over the smaller pins on the ballast box for now but not fond of this. Will try to figure this out. Pics for you to view.
As for my back blade, may try something else since the other pins I ordered won't work. Posting link to Titan, scroll down to the pins.

I'm the kind of person to make this work so will be trying different things before buying anything else.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ktrim

Equipment
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Got my bushings in. Seems these bushings are for larger tractors, not type I. Slid this big hulking piece over the smaller pins on the ballast box for now but not fond of this. Will try to figure this out. Pics for you to view.
As for my back blade, may try something else since the other pins I ordered won't work. Posting link to Titan, scroll down to the pins.

I'm the kind of person to make this work so will be trying different things before buying anything else.
They're on backwards. Fat end goes out. Did you drive spring pins in?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
If I go the other way, it will slip off. This pins to pound in don't pound it. Tried. Need king kong to pound them in. Am looking at trying a different way though. The sleeves that came with it doesn't go inside the big arse piece thats shown in the picture.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My back blade can't use any of the stuff I bought. Thinking of getting a 30 inch rod to run through to use.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
So how is it attached to the box? There are no threads inside and didn’t come with any bolts. Here is a link of a titan ballast box similar to the one i bought off of eBay. Look how thin those posts are.

You need a set of posts to bolt to the ballast box.

Those posts (pins) are meant to connect direct to a 3 point hitch. However, if you are using a quick hitch, many quick hitches have a larger "U" that may require a slip-on Bushing that's held to the pin with a roll-pin.

Once the Bushing is installed (on that implement) you never remove them, the implement is always ready to connect to the quick hitch after. Once this is done this way, the pin with the circlip (lynch pin) is not used with "this implement" at all.

Last edited:

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Thanks for the video. I'll verify tonight but think I was sent class II bushings from what the video show.The ballast box has smaller post with a thin bushing.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Thanks for the video. I'll verify tonight but think I was sent class II bushings from what the video show.The ballast box has smaller post with a thin bushing.
W
Very possible you got the wrong bushings. For future reference which helped me early on, Class 1=Cat1, Class2=Cat2. Your BXs 3-Point is rated Cat1.

Some implements are universal which can be used in both Cat1/Cat2. A way to spot this is they have three ears on each side at the lower 3PH connection. This is where the long pin/short sleeve is used, and an additional (larger inside diameter) short bushing slipped over that.

When it comes to implements, there a several ways to make it work. This is where you might benefit from physically "seeing" all available at your local Tractor Supply or other Farm and Implement store.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Here is a pic with my index finger all the way in. So, this is a class II?
I sent Titan a message with pics so will see what they say. I'll order from ebay if I have to re order.

Attachments