Tie down Plate for front of M5140

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
if you are toting a chain with larger than 3/8 links......well you must have a tank with treads!:D
1/2" OR 5/8 Links on mine I do believe, Yea I know over kill, It's a proof chain that is used to pull thing like a Cat or yea a small tank. :rolleyes: ;)
But I'm pretty sure I'll never break it.:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
1/2" OR 5/8 Links on mine I do believe, Yea I know over kill, It's a proof chain that is used to pull thing like a Cat or yea a small tank. :rolleyes: ;)
Them thar chains too heavy for me to pick up !!!! :D:eek::D:) Throw them over my shoulder and I tend to lean to one side!:):)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We got a 5/8x20 footer at the shop for when someone makes an oops with our ten ton forklift. Usually have to wait for a semi to drop off some freight before we can get it un stuck.:rolleyes: If your lugging one of those around in the woods, your more of a man then I am. Our big joke about that 5/8th chain is it "takes the man" out of you.

Your right about it not breaking ;) I've seen it bend the I beam on the back of a step deck trailer that's designed to keep vehicles from running under the trailer :eek: We ended up having to call a semi wrecker that time :rolleyes:

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Thanks North Idaho Wolfman, makes sense on the direction of the D ring install.
I've had to pull my truck and trailer out of the mud in the past... (10K +) so got a weld on D ring with 15K working capacity.

Thanks for the ideas and photos everyone! This group is a wealth of knowledge.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Finally got my front plate finished. The D ring is 4" and the plate is 1/2 ". The fabrication shop did a great job rounding off all the edges and the holes for the bolts were spot on. A couple coats of primer and Kubota orange and viola! The hardest task was holding the plate and the FEL guard in place so I could get the first bolt started. That there steel is a might heavy!

Attachments

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
Sweet!
I like, looks factory.. Nice job.