This Weather Event

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We had much scattered wind damage. ABC Chief Meteorologist, Ginger Zee, was in Jackson doing her stuff and then things got "political" with VP KHarris showing up. :rolleyes:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yesterday before cranking the sawmill up, I was greeted with this Sunrise.
IMG_2061.JPG

The sky was completely clouded over with one hole letting the morning shine through.

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
So tomorrow we have another one blasting through. It seems like it has been like a train on a weekly schedule. The weather gal is forecasting 3"+ of rain for us. 😲

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We had two confirmed tornadoes in the state and thankfully no injuries, etc. You folks in the NE can deal with it now.

We have more rain forecast for tomorrow. We are soggy. 😲

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nasty storms coming through tonight. Supposed to hit soon with quarter sized hail. Been boomy out so far with a couple gully washers.

Tornado watch in effect as well.

80 miles west of us had baseball sized hail 😱😱😱

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hails here. 🙄🙄🙄

20220411_192533.jpg

Gypsy is prepared for the storms.

20220411_193112.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Watching a YouTube live stream at the moment. You guys under tornado warning? Sending good thoughts your way.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Watching a YouTube live stream at the moment. You guys under tornado warning? Sending good thoughts your way.
Tornado confirmed at the Little Rock Air force base in Jacksonville headed to the south side of Cabot.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nasty storms coming through tonight. Supposed to hit soon with quarter sized hail. Been boomy out so far with a couple gully washers.

Tornado watch in effect as well.

80 miles west of us had baseball sized hail 😱😱😱
Daren, there has to be a reduced amount of anxiety for rented as opposed to home owner with predictions like this! Be safe either way.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, there has to be a reduced amount of anxiety for rented as opposed to home owner with predictions like this! Be safe either way.
Sure is 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 New roof is the landlords problem. 👍👍👍👍 If the place is too bad, we can always have them relocate us to one of the other homes they are just finishing up on 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Neighbor was scrambling to get his new vehicle in his garage. I mentioned that our car is in our garage, but the truck won't fit with all the tools.

I said screw it, that's why we have insurance 😁😁😁😁😁

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We have one coming tonight and a stronger one tomorrow night.

I am hoping that the weather will wear itself out so I can saw beginning next Wednesday. I am supposed to be sorta on vacation this week. Heck I am also sorta supposed to be retired. :rolleyes:

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Somewhat rare to get hail in central Wisconsin, especially when I compare it to the 19 years that I lived in Missouri. The largest was about the diameter of quarter but most was nickel sized so not too bad. It was intense for a few minutes.

2022_0412_172532_002.JPG

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am glad that you are OK.

Hail is a very good indicator that you had a strong uplift overhead and possibly even a tornado.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Yesterday on Lunch break, I stopped at the gas station to get diesel. While pulling in I seen a somewhat well-known storm chaser. I rolled down the window and hollered out "Hey Tim....I'd love to say I'm glad to see you but that'd be a lie"....then rolled the window back up and went on about my business.

yeah the hail last night was terrible!

At the shop, the enclosed trailer (which is new, and we just had it wrapped) took a good beating. The roof and a/c unit are fine. The side looks like it was hit by a shotgun about a zillion times. It is trashed. 250 gallon oil tote, has holes all in the side of it-from the hail. Overhead door ripped off/destroyed. Hail hit at about 2100 last night and I got to the shop at 0700 this morning and there was still hail on the ground, looked like snow.

second worst hail storm I've ever seen in my life, worst was when i lived in nebraska and as a kid. In school, we got told that a storm was coming. It wasn't tornadic (yet) so we just stayed in for recess rather than going outside. I looked out the window to see hailstones the size of tennis balls falling; windshields in cars in the parking lot shattering, falling in, back windows on the fastbacks just blowing out. It lasted for over an hour and by time it finally subsided every single car in the lot was totally demolished, there were pock marks in the blacktop, the roof--destroyed, air conditioner, junk (leaking freon), and the ground was covered in hail that looked like piles and piles of baseballs. I don't remember what year it was but I do remember having to walk home, in a tornado warning. Cars weren't going anywhere and the bus didn't run to the house.

Right now it's not too bad here, all the storms are mostly along the river from Monroe up to Memphrica and maybe on up into Paducah area. But that may change during the night according to the weather ladies. Tomorrow might get really interesting.

I was out chasing a little last night. I used to do it it semi-professionally, had to quit because it is an addiction and it costs a lot of money. it's like a drug.

couple pics. One of the back of the one trailer, the other ones are also trashed the same way but on the sides rather than the ramp door. And the other from last night's "chase".

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yesterday on Lunch break, I stopped at the gas station to get diesel. While pulling in I seen a somewhat well-known storm chaser. I rolled down the window and hollered out "Hey Tim....I'd love to say I'm glad to see you but that'd be a lie"....then rolled the window back up and went on about my business.

yeah the hail last night was terrible!

At the shop, the enclosed trailer (which is new, and we just had it wrapped) took a good beating. The roof and a/c unit are fine. The side looks like it was hit by a shotgun about a zillion times. It is trashed. 250 gallon oil tote, has holes all in the side of it-from the hail. Overhead door ripped off/destroyed. Hail hit at about 2100 last night and I got to the shop at 0700 this morning and there was still hail on the ground, looked like snow.

second worst hail storm I've ever seen in my life, worst was when i lived in nebraska and as a kid. In school, we got told that a storm was coming. It wasn't tornadic (yet) so we just stayed in for recess rather than going outside. I looked out the window to see hailstones the size of tennis balls falling; windshields in cars in the parking lot shattering, falling in, back windows on the fastbacks just blowing out. It lasted for over an hour and by time it finally subsided every single car in the lot was totally demolished, there were pock marks in the blacktop, the roof--destroyed, air conditioner, junk (leaking freon), and the ground was covered in hail that looked like piles and piles of baseballs. I don't remember what year it was but I do remember having to walk home, in a tornado warning. Cars weren't going anywhere and the bus didn't run to the house.

Right now it's not too bad here, all the storms are mostly along the river from Monroe up to Memphrica and maybe on up into Paducah area. But that may change during the night according to the weather ladies. Tomorrow might get really interesting.

I was out chasing a little last night. I used to do it it semi-professionally, had to quit because it is an addiction and it costs a lot of money. it's like a drug.

couple pics. One of the back of the one trailer, the other ones are also trashed the same way but on the sides rather than the ramp door. And the other from last night's "chase".
Coworkers wife has a daycare just up the street and across the road from your former employer. He was picking up plywood after work and headed over there to board up the front windows that got busted out.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We are supposed to get hit today starting around 10AM and going through the afternoon. The news folks have been warning everyone to be ready.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We've been getting hammered with rain this afternoon. Probably gotten 2" to 3" at least in the past hour.

Peaked outside and the water was probably 2" deep across the parking lot. 😳😳😳