This Weather Event

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
ARRG. Wet heavy snow but not much. Some rain at or above freezing. Watched snow , pebbles, and mud curl off the plow blade. Good excuse to get a bigger leaf blower this spring.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well, they were calling for 6 to 12 down here, I was going to go plow this morning. And I opened the kitchen door to see how much was inthe driveway. The wind was going full force, cat walked over like he always does when I open the door to smell the morning air. A gust of wind hit us, he shuttered and went back to bed. I figured cat was smarter then me, I aint go place to go and if I plow the wind will drift it all back in anyways. Besides its nice and warm in here

Reactions: 6 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Well, they were calling for 6 to 12 down here, I was going to go plow this morning. And I opened the kitchen door to see how much was inthe driveway. The wind was going full force, cat walked over like he always does when I open the door to smell the morning air. A gust of wind hit us, he shuttered and went back to bed. I figured cat was smarter then me, I aint go place to go and if I plow the wind will drift it all back in anyways. Besides its nice and warm in here
Yep I'll be a little smarter this year and wait for most of the drifting is over and save fuel. Last year (brand new tractor) I was chomping at the bit to get out there.. not so this year, I can wait!

I understand some of you out there have to keep up or else! We don't get much here. Heck back in 77-78 when we got the blizzard.. was less than what a few of you get normally from some pics you've shared here. Good luck guys and stay safe!

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Last week it looked like a christmas tree exploded on the house. this week after the snow the wind was wild lost power again. Many trees down. Not looking forward to another one.
That is a wet nasty mess for sure. Power washer time!

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Slushy 2 inches here in Western MA. Got a late start, pulled the tractor out and went through it too quick I guess because I took out a shear pin on the BX2816. Said screw it and went to work. Came home for lunch and got her going again. She throws slush really well compared to the old Airens, still have to watch for clogs in the chute though. Overall very impressed.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Oh I still enjoy it but I hate the Cold! If it can wait I can too!🥶

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
We got a foot of dry, packed powder that plowed like cream.
Did it in two stages to allow the storm to blow through and the cold air return.
Opened up the driveways in the morning and Cleaned up in the PM after the snow stopped.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
We got hammered. Been snowing almost 24 hrs. i cleared 4 driveways this morning. Mine and some elderly peoples on my road. Went out twice today. Will have to head out again tomorrow morning. We all have 4x4 and winter tires so I’m lucky that I don’t have to worry about it like I did when there were little 2wd cars parked here.

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Was as prepped as possible for the destruction and days/weeks of no power due to widespread heavy freezing rain (which was possible). Really didn’t care about snow, rain, or sleet. Got snow and sleet so all is well here. Power is on. Trees still standing. At least having the generator with the house hookup to run with the Kubota if needed greatly shortened the prep work.

What we get here all depends on my prep work; no one else, just me. If I prepare for Icemageddon and a month without power or additional food, nothing happens. If I do nothing to prepare, power is out at least two weeks. Sounds narcissistic, I know, but everyone who knows me well asks me before bad weather how well prepared I am because they know it’s true at least 80% of the time. Very thankful it wasn’t nearly as severe as it could have been. Freezing rain sucks.
Glad to hear things worked out well for you!!

Reactions: 1 users

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
We got hit hard with freezing rain/ice with a few flurries mixed in on Sunday. Also winds gusting to 45mph. Widespread power outages, 5400+ of the 6200 meters that the Co-Op tracks were with out power Sunday night. Luckily it warmed up some and it is all out of here but lots of trees down. Most everyone has power back now. Time to get the chainsaw and Kubota out and clean up.

Thankful for the linemen who go out in this nasty mess and bust their tail to get power restored.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Good advice. I used to tell people it’s the same as driving in wet red clay (because it is) but eventually realized everyone didn’t drive off-road in wet red clay for several years before being old enough to drive on the road.
I was born and raised in IL and spent a couple years in WI, so know how to drive on it. Its funny to watch people here with a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground 🤣

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I was born and raised in IL and spent a couple years in WI, so know how to drive on it. Its funny to watch people here with a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground 🤣
Even in IL and WI they still have issues when it snows. Panic ensues, flashers (which are illegal on the road) come on, and 5 MPH trains begin and thats when the announcement of snow happens two days in advance

I'm still waiting on enough snow to get the thrower out of the barn. So far thats a bit of snow here, bit of snow there, and a couple ice patches.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Even in IL and WI they still have issues when it snows. Panic ensues, flashers (which are illegal on the road) come on, and 5 MPH trains begin and thats when the announcement of snow happens two days in advance

I'm still waiting on enough snow to get the thrower out of the barn. So far thats a bit of snow here, bit of snow there, and a couple ice patches.
been a long time since I looked it up but it pretty sure 20kph below the limit requires us to turn on our 4 way flashers. Tractor they are supposed to be on (well anything with a slow moving vehicle sign) and when I used to heavy haul. They went on till I reached highway speed because you couldn’t always get to 90 or 100 before the end of the on ramp

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Looks like this last one is in the books, but there is another blasting down.

We have a forecast high of 70° tomorrow and 36° Thursday. Yikes !!!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
37 for the high today (dropping all day) low of 5 tonight and 20 for the high tomorrow and this little note from the NWS for this afternoon, through tonight into tomorrow.

Wind chill values of -15 to -20F are likely

Guess I will need to get the stocking cap out.