Third Function

tph1956

May 23, 2018
Cherry Log, GA
Just installed third function with hydraulic quick attach/release, as well as three sets of rear remotes on my L6060. When I finally finished, 3 point hitch wouldn’t raise and tractor made a devil possessed noise when I pulled it out of the shop. Found problem with the power beyond hose connected to wrong port. Swapped it out and all is well. Did I do any damage to HST when I pulled it out of the shop?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would say not.
The noise you heard was the fluid being deadheaded against the bypass valve. Had you done that for hours - possible damage. But that little bit of time, I would think no damage.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just installed third function with hydraulic quick attach/release, as well as three sets of rear remotes on my L6060. When I finally finished, 3 point hitch wouldn’t raise and tractor made a devil possessed noise when I pulled it out of the shop. Found problem with the power beyond hose connected to wrong port. Swapped it out and all is well. Did I do any damage to HST when I pulled it out of the shop?
Have similar arrangement on my L6060. Very handy.

Doubt that you damaged anything.

xsf18cdf

Equipment
L6060 HSTC
Nov 15, 2023
Texas
I’m already loving it. It was a long day and night though doing all at one time. Totally worth it!
Just stumbled across this thread. Glad you go this done. I just bought a 2018 with 112hrs on it and want to do the same. How are you liking your setup and anything you'd do different or things I should watch for? I'm going to have the dealer do it so I can use the grapple I'm ordering and a flail ditch mower.
Thanks,
X

tph1956

May 23, 2018
Cherry Log, GA
Just stumbled across this thread. Glad you go this done. I just bought a 2018 with 112hrs on it and want to do the same. How are you liking your setup and anything you'd do different or things I should watch for? I'm going to have the dealer do it so I can use the grapple I'm ordering and a flail ditch mower.
Thanks,
X
I absolutely love mine. Third function, rear remotes and most loved of all, the hydraulic quick connect. I use the loader a lot, either with the original bucket, a rock bucket, stump bucket, or pallet forks, and it’s a dream come true to be able to swap out these implements without getting off the tractor. Sometimes I’ll use two or three of them on one job. The money I spent was well worth it, but because of that I had to do the install myself. Had to keep the wife from going into cardiac arrest! As far as changing or doing anything different, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I work my tractor like a borrowed mule and these additions have made it all worthwhile.

xsf18cdf

Equipment
L6060 HSTC
Nov 15, 2023
Texas
I absolutely love mine. Third function, rear remotes and most loved of all, the hydraulic quick connect. I use the loader a lot, either with the original bucket, a rock bucket, stump bucket, or pallet forks, and it’s a dream come true to be able to swap out these implements without getting off the tractor. Sometimes I’ll use two or three of them on one job. The money I spent was well worth it, but because of that I had to do the install myself. Had to keep the wife from going into cardiac arrest! As far as changing or doing anything different, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I work my tractor like a borrowed mule and these additions have made it all worthwhile.
Thanks! Good to hear.
X

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Few Kubota owners have the hydraulic quick connect.
I am an old guy, so mine is particularly appreciated.

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
I don't want to totally hijack your thread BUT I've been looking to add rear remotes to my 3902. I already have the third function front and plan on using the rear remotes for top and tilt on a box blade. Summit sells two, three and four spool kits. I can only see needing two, what am I not seeing down the road where I would be kicking myself for not buying the 3 or 4 spool option??

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No leaking issues? I'll be switching my FEL on and off between mowing and loader work.
Thanks'
X
No particular reason to leak.
Connections are same as all other s on the machine

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I don't want to totally hijack your thread BUT I've been looking to add rear remotes to my 3902. I already have the third function front and plan on using the rear remotes for top and tilt on a box blade. Summit sells two, three and four spool kits. I can only see needing two, what am I not seeing down the road where I would be kicking myself for not buying the 3 or 4 spool option??
Two for top and tilt and more if you want to have hydraulic control on blade angle or wheel lift or some other cylinder on the implement.

I imagine that you can add a valve section later to increase the number of rear remotes later or add some diverter valve to one of the existing two.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Just keep in mind that electrically actuated valves ARE NOT the ideal way to control top & tilt cylinders.

tph1956

May 23, 2018
Cherry Log, GA
Valid concern. Most tractor owners can get by with two sets of rear remotes. The top and tilt functions will take up both remotes. For me, though, certain implements I run (flail mower, etc) require two remotes to operate. That leaves me one remote for my hydraulic top link. Hope this helps with your decisions.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Quick explanation/reason?
Ideally, you need to be able to feather the valve to get the adjustment just right, sometimes a gradual adjustment transition. electric valves are either open all the way or closed. Yes you can flick the electric control switch off-on-off-on, but what you actually get are little jumps in the adjustment, not a smooth continuous transition.

They obviously work, or they would stop selling them.
But as I said, not the ideal controls for something that often needs a fine gradual adjustment.
They are definitely better than manual adjustments, but that's about it IMO.