Third Function

Grant City Fram

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 21, 2021
Indian
Can anyone recommend a third function diverted value for a Kubota L2501. I am connecting the loader to an Artillian Grapple and it requires a 1/4” female connector.
many thanks!

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
There are lot's of companies offering diverter kits. Some are generic and some are more specific. Ken's bolt on hooks has a generic kit. Summit, WR Long, and many others also make kits.
Hose size and coupler style is up to you. There are plenty of options for those parts. Suplus Center, Discount Hydraulic Hose, your local Auto parts dealers, farm supply stores, equipment dealers, etc. If you have the grapple and it has male couplers on it, take one off and take it the hydraulic shop so you can be sure it matches up. There are a few different styles.

Reactions: 1 user

Grant City Fram

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 21, 2021
Indian
There are lot's of companies offering diverter kits. Some are generic and some are more specific. Ken's bolt on hooks has a generic kit. Summit, WR Long, and many others also make kits.
Hose size and coupler style is up to you. There are plenty of options for those parts. Suplus Center, Discount Hydraulic Hose, your local Auto parts dealers, farm supply stores, equipment dealers, etc. If you have the grapple and it has male couplers on it, take one off and take it the hydraulic shop so you can be sure it matches up. There are a few different styles.
Many thanks... very helpful!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There are a lot of generic kits to choose from, and a lot depends on your ability to install the kit, and how complete the kit is for mounting specifically to your tractor. Kubota makes a kit that is specific to your tractor, and the upfront cost might be more than the generic kits, however, when you have to start buying parts to adapt the kit to your specific tractor, the cost of the generic kit can actually become more expensive than the kit that was designed for your tractor. Over the past week, I have been doing a lot of research on the subject, and for my tractor (BX23S), the Land Pride kit that is specific to my tractor is a better buy than some of the generic kits available. If you are going to be installing the kit yourself, I would be more inclined to go with the tractor specific kit, if for nothing else than having the support of the Kubota dealer that sold it to you. Since Land Pride is a wholly owned company of Kubota, and they are offering Kubota specific 3rd function kits, I believe that the Kubota dealers that are selling these kits also have the same factory support, should you run into a problem. I went to the Kubota build a tractor website, and tried to figure out what a kit would cost for your tractor, and there were so many different ways that the loader valve could be configured, I believe that you would be best off if you were to discuss this with your dealer before purchasing anything. Keep in mind that if you should install anything on the tractor that wasn't approved by Kubota, should you have a failure in the future, that might be a reason for Kubota (i.e. The dealer) to deny the warranty claim. Just one more reason to stay with factory approved accessories. You spent a lot of money buying your tractor, and now isn't the time to start cheapening out of buying functional improvements. You can do that with mowers, grapples, etc., but not with the tractors hydraulic system.
These comments are my opinion, and others might agree or disagree, but it is clearly your choice, and in life, we are all responsible for our own choices in life, good or bad.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
When/if you do it yourself....you can break it down into three easily understandable sections: 1. Installing the valve into the Power Beyond hydraulic circuit. 2. Installing couplers and hoses from the valve to the front end loader. 3. Hooking up the electrical connections and power circuit. None of which are hard to do if you have a clean place to work and concentrate on one section at a time. I used the Summit kit and have a write up on my install on the B2650.

If you look at the different kits or the factory installs, pay attention to how they each mount the 3rd function valve and run all the hoses. Depending on your situation, you may not like how some of them are put together and you may prefer one over all the others. If you understand the install procedures for the different sections it's not as difficult as some make it seem. With some of the kits you choose the connectors to fit your present equipment or future equipment that's on your wish list.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
Last week I ordered Kubota’s factory kit for my 2650. Main reason I stuck with Kubota is it has hard lines on the loader arms. The factory kits are model specific. If the factory kit was not available I was torn between the kit from WR and Summit. I hope you have better luck with grapple lead times then i did today. 12+ weeks as of today.