Third function button function swap

Norman

Equipment
LX2610HSD;LA535;LP 60" grapple; WC68 chipper; GB60 SW cutter
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
Good day everyone. I finally got the loader and third function for the LX2610, about three months after I got the tractor. The dealer installed the Landpride third function and the bottom button closes the lid of the grapple while the top button opens it. Just wondering if there is a "standard" as to which button does which, you know, kind of like all the loader stick movements are the same across the models and brands. I also want to know if the button function can be swapped so the top button closes and bottom button opens.

Apparently my brain is wired opposite the buttons because as I was putting everything to bed for the night I hit the button expecting the opposite reaction of the grapple and had to catch myself.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
Good day everyone. I finally got the loader and third function for the LX2610, about three months after I got the tractor. The dealer installed the Landpride third function and the bottom button closes the lid of the grapple while the top button opens it. Just wondering if there is a "standard" as to which button does which, you know, kind of like all the loader stick movements are the same across the models and brands. I also want to know if the button function can be swapped so the top button closes and bottom button opens.

Apparently my brain is wired opposite the buttons because as I was putting everything to bed for the night I hit the button expecting the opposite reaction of the grapple and had to catch myself.
Switch the hoses on the third function valve body.
There should be 2 hoses with flat faced couplers on the top of the valve body.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Swap your hose connections to reverse action, it's easier than what you are proposing to do electrically. Mark you hoses after to remind yourself.

Norman

Equipment
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
Ah...easy enough fix thanks. I do believe they are both flat faced as the pics above.

On my other question...is there a standard button function? Top=close; bottom=open? Or just based on whoever installed it?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd have just swapped the wiring as the hoses should NOT be 'swappable'.
No standard for which button does what, YOUR machine, YOUR decision...
To me top, would open, btm would close

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
On my tractor, I have both male and female couplers on the 3rd function and matching hoses on the appliance. That way I know it is exactly the same every time without having to give it a thought. On my joystick, the top button is open, and the bottom button is close, and that is what I see as being a rational design.

Norman

Equipment
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
So to wrap up. I switched the electric plugs at the solenoid. The hydraulic fitting were M/F so not direct line swappable.

Easy fix and now the buttons match my brain.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
BTW, general, common sense rule is that couplers to double acting cylinders should NOT be physically interchangeable'. IE, solid lines or if couplers are used, M-F, F-M setup.

• Dislike

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
BTW, general, common sense rule is that couplers to double acting cylinders should NOT be physically interchangeable'. IE, solid lines or if couplers are used, M-F, F-M setup.
nonsense.

the last thing I would do is go mucking around with 18-20ga wires when it's easy if the couplers are swappable. Just swap the hoses, lets not overthink this. I prefer couplers to be interchangeable gives a lot of flexibility with hook ups and configurations.

"common sense" "rule" :ROFLMAO: good one!

(edited)

Last edited:

Norman

Equipment
Sep 30, 2021
Georgia, USA
So to be clear. The couplers are NOT interchangeable, but the wire plugs at the solenoid valves were. Easy swap and it’s done. Works great. Honestly it was as easy as swapping couplers if they were compatible.

FWIW, I have plenty of 12v wiring experience so had no fear of that if it did get complicated, but it didn’t.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
that's great you got it sorted out, too bad you had to fuss with the wires. This is why I like to have same orientation couplers on the machine side, because it makes it easy for configuration changes, 3rd function, rear valves ect.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
nonsense.

the last thing I would do is go mucking around with 18-20ga wires when it's easy if the couplers are interchangeable. Just swap the hoses, lets not overthink this. I prefer couplers to be interchangeable gives a lot of flexibility with hook ups and configurations.

"common sense" "rule" :ROFLMAO: good one!

(edited)
I agree. Just about every agricultural tractor made uses female bodies for the tractor outlets and male tips on both implement hoses. Two way sleeves on the outlets also provide one handed push/pull connection and breakaway protection. Color and/or alphabetic labeling is used to identify hose to port assignments.

Dan

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
On my tractor, I have both male and female couplers on the 3rd function and matching hoses on the appliance. That way I know it is exactly the same every time without having to give it a thought. On my joystick, the top button is open, and the bottom button is close, and that is what I see as being a rational design.

i use my buttons the same way; however, i just put a zip tie on the corrospoinding lines for up down for the grapple and left-right for the blower.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Do we really need to use common sense? It is so much easier to use uncommon sense to figure out what everyone else is trying to do or say. Some day I will tell you about the guy on one side of the fence surrounding the insane asylum and the guy on the other side looking in.