Thinking of trading/selling my L3800 for LS XR4046 with a Cab.

Backfire1

Equipment
L3800 HST w/ loader, Land Pride 72 in. FM, 8 Ft Disk, 6 Ft blade, 6 Ft rake,
Dec 13, 2014
Fayetteville
The title says it all. I so wish I had a bigger tractor and a cab. Also I want my top link to be hydraulic. Another screw up on my part was I did not get the quick attach bucket. To add the hydraulic top link and the quick attach bucket would cost over 2,000. Also I feel as though the loader is a little weak on my L3800. I even turned up the PSI and it still seems weak. My little L3800 has been trouble free except for the jerky 3 pt. hitch and that even seems to be getting better.

My question is do any of yall have any experience with LS tractors?
Also how does one go about selling his or her tractor to the public with a Kubota loan on it?

Thanks to all for any insight.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
The title says it all. I so wish I had a bigger tractor and a cab. Also I want my top link to be hydraulic. Another screw up on my part was I did not get the quick attach bucket. To add the hydraulic top link and the quick attach bucket would cost over 2,000. Also I feel as though the loader is a little weak on my L3800. I even turned up the PSI and it still seems weak. My little L3800 has been trouble free except for the jerky 3 pt. hitch and that even seems to be getting better.

My question is do any of yall have any experience with LS tractors?
Also how does one go about selling his or her tractor to the public with a Kubota loan on it?

Thanks to all for any insight.
what are you doing with your bucket that it seems weak? have you considered a grand L? or if you are okay not having an HST you can go to an M series.

I have no experience with LS

Backfire1

Equipment
L3800 HST w/ loader, Land Pride 72 in. FM, 8 Ft Disk, 6 Ft blade, 6 Ft rake,
Dec 13, 2014
Fayetteville
Moving and getting dirt. But I have talked to a couple of folks about changing brands and I was lectured about the value that Kubota provides. Not only is my tractor reliable but it holds its value. If I was to go to another brand especially a brand that has unknown value or reliability I would be taking a huge risk. In my quest to get a bigger tractor with a cab I might be shooting my self in the foot so to speak. So I will continue to use my tractor and enjoy the reliability and value that kubota provides, which is the reason I chose Kobota in the first place. Thank you for the reply.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Obviously I prefer Kubota, but LS makes some tractors for Case and New Holland and they have a good reputation. In my area like many, resale is poor as is the dealer network. The Standard L is just a fairly lightweight tractor at an economical price. As mentioned, the Grand L and M are heavier, stronger machines though at a substantial increase in price.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Moving and getting dirt. But I have talked to a couple of folks about changing brands and I was lectured about the value that Kubota provides. Not only is my tractor reliable but it holds its value. If I was to go to another brand especially a brand that has unknown value or reliability I would be taking a huge risk. In my quest to get a bigger tractor with a cab I might be shooting my self in the foot so to speak. So I will continue to use my tractor and enjoy the reliability and value that kubota provides, which is the reason I chose Kobota in the first place. Thank you for the reply.
Why would you not go to a Kubota dealer and trade in your L3800 for a newer larger model?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Why would you not go to a Kubota dealer and trade in your L3800 for a newer larger model?
My thought would be that he can get a cab model LS for what an open station Grand L is going to cost him and some of the extras that he is wanting are std features on the LS.

He may find that it would be "easier" to just trade his L3800 in at the Kubota dealer and get a Grand L though. :confused:

peterc38

Equipment
L4060
Sep 12, 2011
Maine
I just upgraded from an L3200 to an L4060 cab. I looked at other brands but ultimately ended up staying with Kubota. LS seems to be doing a good job of gaining market share and also seems to get mostly good reviews from owners.

Regardless of which brand you end up with, I'd try to sell the L3800 in a private sale vs trading to a dealer. I did that twice with a B7610 and then the L3200 and made out much better than trading. I sold the L3200 to the first guy that looked at it for 90% of what I paid for it after using it for 2 1/2 years.

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
I was in the same situation you are in last year.
Wanted a cab and didn't want to go the aftermarket route.
Put my 3800 on Craig's List and sold in a few weeks, for $16,500. Dealer was going to give me $14,000.
Tried to find a low hour 40-45 Kubota cab tractor. Of course the pre Tier 4 tractors prices were going up & I decided to buy new.
Bought the 4060hstc. Love it....Grand series is has a lot of nice features and the cab keeps me warm in winter and cool in the summer, plus a dust free cab(nice if u have breathing issues....).
Have 126 hours on it and with an average fuel use of .6 gallons per hour.
It is Tier 4 and Regen is roughly every 20 hours....no issues with it so far.
Do have a crankcase breather service upgrade on it pending. Dealer is to do soon. This would be a question for your dealer, if done.
Cost with fel and bucket was apprx $36,000.
Have seens ballast rear tires, rim guard, and block heater.
It is a lot of money but I'm over the sticker shock now.
Good luck!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Sticker shock does come early - but after the seat is warm, that feeling goes away!!!
At a certain age - money well spent seems to make the whole body feel good!!! O - and the mind feels good too!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Well, the L3800's (recent models) are actually in demand due to the Tier 4 issues on the newer L3901's. Some folks just don't want to deal with regen and such. So you can probably get close to what you paid for it privately sold. As for what you get when you go new, I'd look at all the different options if I were you.

If you need bigger, go M series, don't muck around with the Grand L's. Your L3800 isn't that far below them in class power. If you want to go with another brand, do it, but only if you feel you need something larger than an M series.

Personally, if I had a need for a larger unit I'd be going tracked just for the traction increase but there are a lot of options out there depending on what your actual needs are.