The only damage was to my pride....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the weight recommendation...now I have something to shoot for. I think the little cement counterweight that's designed to hang on the 3 point is maybe 150 lbs at the most. The tires are being loaded today and I'm looking forward to checking it out once they are back on.

Do you have any thoughts on the wheel placement? When I got the B6000 they were at the outermost setting with the axle not even coming flush with the hub..it seemed unsafe and wobbly at that setting so I moved them one position "tighter" as-it-were. Now I'm wondering if I should have left well-enough alone?
I too believe hub no wider than the axle, rim dished out.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the weight recommendation...now I have something to shoot for. I think the little cement counterweight that's designed to hang on the 3 point is maybe 150 lbs at the most. The tires are being loaded today and I'm looking forward to checking it out once they are back on.

Do you have any thoughts on the wheel placement? When I got the B6000 they were at the outermost setting with the axle not even coming flush with the hub..it seemed unsafe and wobbly at that setting so I moved them one position "tighter" as-it-were. Now I'm wondering if I should have left well-enough alone?
Should be a setting that allows them to be almost flush:

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimc3165

Equipment
1982 B7100 HST-D
Jul 22, 2015
CLEVELAND, GA
Good to hear only wounded pride and no one injured. I belong to a forum for my camping group and we have a section called bloopers. It was set up to help members benefit from each others mistake if you will (situations we got into and how we got out). We all can benefit from your experience.
Thanks for sharing

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Thanks for posting! I'm a new owner and have a huge fear of tipping - my wife makes fun of me because I wear my seat belt while mowing the lawn! (have some slight off camber sections and a low pucker factor... and don't take off the FEL)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for posting! I'm a new owner and have a huge fear of tipping - my wife makes fun of me because I wear my seat belt while mowing the lawn! (have some slight off camber sections and a low pucker factor... and don't take off the FEL)
Take the FEL off and it will much better mowing on slope! ;)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Hi there neighbour! :) When I got the B6000 it had partial amounts of calcium chloride already in them but not much. They are currently getting bio mix fully loaded on the recommendation of our local tire shop...doesn't corrode like the cc does apparently and gives you the same result. I was told it's a bit more expensive but since these rear tires are so small it's not a big deal. Given the age of the B6000 I need to keep parts lasting as long as possible! I've never heard of the foam fill...maybe it's the same thing as the bio stuff but I don't think so.

Hot enough for you today in Hope? Probably not as warm as further down the valley given the moderating effect of the Fraser?
I think the bio mix is beetroot juice. Foam fill is a polyurethane foam and adds weight and firmness as well as flat-proofing the tires. My L245dt has tires that have many age cracks but lots of tread and my rims are rusting out from the calcium chloride so I was thinking that a foam fill would be cheaper than new rims and tires down the road.

It sure was hot by us over the weekend. There's actually no moderating influence from the river - the farther you go up the canyon, the hotter it gets. Luckily we have a small creek so it is nice to dip and relax there as it has a natural air conditioning effect.

Crankypants60

Equipment
B6000 4x4
Sep 21, 2017
Mission, B.C. Canada
I think the bio mix is beetroot juice. Foam fill is a polyurethane foam and adds weight and firmness as well as flat-proofing the tires. My L245dt has tires that have many age cracks but lots of tread and my rims are rusting out from the calcium chloride so I was thinking that a foam fill would be cheaper than new rims and tires down the road.

It sure was hot by us over the weekend. There's actually no moderating influence from the river - the farther you go up the canyon, the hotter it gets. Luckily we have a small creek so it is nice to dip and relax there as it has a natural air conditioning effect.
That makes total sense. My tires are the same...lots of tread left but numerous age cracks. I'm going to keep that in mind for down the road a while as I just don't see rims and tires offered up much used here in the valley...lot's of parts made of unobtainium as this gets older! :eek: I'm liking the fully loaded tires...moving more railway ties from my neighbour's place today..taking it really slow ha ha ;)

mic214

Equipment
Kubota LX2610 W/cab brushhog, box blade & pallet forks
May 11, 2014
Colorado
Thanks for posting this. It is a good reminder for all, especially us “Newbies”………:D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Just as a follow up to the OP - I was at Avenue Machinery asking about a ROPS. The program doesn't apply in Canada, so you'll pay more than twice what our brethren south of the 49th pay. However, Scholten's Equipment in Lynden will order the ROPS kit in for you for about $150USD.