The Break In Period

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Just use it reasonably. Kubota says nothing about a break in period. Most of these Kubotas need to be at or quite near the max rpm to have the proper PTO rpm. Generally you don’t need quite that high an rpm for loader work.
Dang if my manuals don’t say to keep it in a glass bell filled with Argon gas and do anything but use it reasonably. Or, wait maybe keep it reasonable is what they suggest? Don’t jackrabbit start, go too fast, brake too hard or run the engine rpm higher than needed. Warm it up in the winter. But you should do that anyways, but especially so with a new tractor. And then do a 50 hour service? Probably reasonable.

IMG_1102.jpeg

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I break in my equipment just like the real farmers do. Full throttle and full load. Seems to work ok for them 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have 300 pieces of equipment at work that I maintain. Everyone of them from day 1 went to a jobsite, put under a full load and run at max rpm 🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
day 1, hour #1 with B2601
(disclaimer: not my property/house lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have 300 pieces of equipment at work that I maintain. Everyone of them from day 1 went to a jobsite, put under a full load and run at max rpm 🤣😂🤣😂😂😂
sounds like the vehicles a guy I know PDI’d off the transport truck when he was younger 😂😂😂

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's why I don't buy used rental equipment
On diesel powered generators, they are set from the factory locked into a set rpm. Any you buy, the end user can't start the equipment at an idle. It automatically goes to 1800 rpms as soon as it's started.

My pumps fall under a similar load curve. The difference is they start at and idle between 800rpms and 1200 rpms depending on the engine package. Idle rpms is dictated by the engine manufacturers.

Max rpms is between 1800 and 2000.

You run your tractor at higher rpms with a pto attachment 😉😉😉😉

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Pretty sure that guy knows how to take care of that too 😂
Turn the blinkers on and off 6 times, mash the brake 12 times, rub you belly, pat your head...... and..... floor it 😎😎😎😎😎👍👍👍👍👍

Reactions: 1 user

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Oh god work machines? Yeah I spent a stint doing repairs on those before I switched to stationary equipment. Which is still really bad but the mobile equipment is the stuff of nightmares.

Just to give yall a taste my first week in we get a call for a jump on one of the loaders right in the middle of our morning meeting. No problem, finish the meeting and load a few jump packs on one of the service buggies. We get there and the battery wasn't even there. Nor was the box. They had broad sided something so hard it mangled everything on the entire side of that wheel loader. But the parts that were ripped off wasn't anywhere to be found so it clearly kept driving from wherever the incident occured. No witnesses, nobody knows anything. Again they called for a JUMP. Those were leases too, not even our own equipment. But that is the very tip of the iceberg in that place. I could go on for days.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I am so confused and flustered over the break in period. Some people say to drive it like you stole it. Others say keep it around 2000 rpm’s for the first 50 hours. Now I see some guy on Facebook saying not to use your loader unless you are at full rpm. What the heck are we supposed to do and why isn’t the manual more clear. I started to break mine in by using it like I normally would. Then I saw some threads on here where people were saying to keep it around 2000 rpm’s so I did that. Now some guy is saying to never ever use your loader unless your at full rpm because you will destroy a brand new engine. We’ll, I’ve been using my loader at 2000 rpms while trying to protect the engine. What the heck am I supposed to do?

As long as you ONLY USE Kubota oil, Kubota SUDT and Kubota filters and Kubota grease.....you can run it like you stole it.

Now lets have a good clean fight.....Ding Ding.....

1687522223582.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
My new lx2610 is at about 37 hours so far. 90% of it is mowing 5 acres with the belly mower, 8% loader work(moving dirt, wood chips logs) and 2% brush hogging atv trails. To me after reading about the break in period, the break in period and everyday operation are about the same.........be smart. Check the fluids, walk around and inspect everything, glow plug it, ease in and out of the throttle, engauge and dis engage the pto at lower rpms, right gear for the right job. Anyone can talk big on line what you should do or they know someone in the family or didn't do this or that but you can't beleive everything you hear and only half you see........the guy with twisted loader....." idk what happened I was just driving the piece of junk and the loader twisted" I'm fully capable of changing all the fluids on my tractor but being under warranty I let the shop do it that way there's records of them doing it, their supplies, their mechanics it can't go back on me if something fails.......kind of like your transmission going out and not being under warranty cause you used nappa windshield wipers........