The best laid plans

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
i need a permit where i live to burn anthing larger than a camp fire. for some reason, the town council decided that they would revoke all permits because of covid. They didnt want fire fighters to have to respond to unnecessary calls. Even with a permit (all my neighbors always let everyone around know when they are going to do a burn) sometimes people still call 911. IF you have the permit the call cost you nothing, if you DONT have a permit. your paying the fees for the trucks that show up.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
i need a permit where i live to burn anthing larger than a camp fire. for some reason, the town council decided that they would revoke all permits because of covid. They didnt want fire fighters to have to respond to unnecessary calls. Even with a permit (all my neighbors always let everyone around know when they are going to do a burn) sometimes people still call 911. IF you have the permit the call cost you nothing, if you DONT have a permit. your paying the fees for the trucks that show up.
We tell the neighbors when we are burning, they bring stuff over to the pile, and even are prepared to help with equipment if for some reason the fire would get out of hand.

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
We tell the neighbors when we are burning, they bring stuff over to the pile, and even are prepared to help with equipment if for some reason the fire would get out of hand.
thats awesome, I try to do mine before the big freeze so I can have my gas water pump out but because of the COVID I didn’t get to burn yet.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sure can't compare with a boys night out drinking beer and pounding back pepperoni and donairs o_O:LOL::LOL: and not to mention I won't be around long for it to matter.:rolleyes:
I hear ya brother, what little bit we put in the air is nothing in the big picture.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Haven't had a donair yet but I'm keen to try.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
We lost a neighbor from burning leaves with gas. He did not cap the 5 gal can he used and just about the time he started picking it up to place in his side by side it flashed and exploded in his hands. He had burns to over 80% of his body, lost both arms from the elbows down and ultimately lost his battle several weeks later.
Don’t use gas.
That’s why forestry crews mix gas 50-50 with diesel.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
We lost a neighbor from burning leaves with gas. He did not cap the 5 gal can he used and just about the time he started picking it up to place in his side by side it flashed and exploded in his hands. He had burns to over 80% of his body, lost both arms from the elbows down and ultimately lost his battle several weeks later.
Don’t use gas.
One of the guys I work with had exactly the same thing happen. He lived but spent months in the hospital burn unit. Let's just say he looks a lot different now.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Timely online article. Gasoline can be very dangerous.

Ryan Jastrzembski

Ryan Jastrzembski
Ry Guy's road to recovery/Facebook Ryan Jastrzembski
Over a thousand people have come together to support a New Jersey boy who is fighting for his life after being badly burned in a bonfire accident on Monday.
Ryan Jastrzembski — an 11-year-old boy who loves fishing and spending time with his older sisters — was at his mother's home in Mount Laurel when he poured gasoline onto an already-lit bonfire, causing an explosion, authorities told Fox affiliate WTXF-TV. Afterwards he was rushed to a local hospital in Philadelphia.
A preliminary investigation found that the flames traveled up the gas can, which exploded in the boy's hands, Mount Laurel Police Department spokesman Kyle Gardner told NJ.com.

• Sad