The beast died...

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH
Good morning. I own a 2018 kubota 2650 hsd. Was wondering if I had 2 problems instead of just 1. While sitting on the tractor and turning the key, nothing happens. Battery is fully charged, pto in right position, ect... and when I jump across the solenoid, it just spins and doesn't engage the flywheel. Flywheel has no broken teeth...so...I'm thinking probably the solenoid AND a safety relay? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PorkBolt

Equipment
B2601, 60" MMM, SSQA FEL, Kubota Ballast Box
Sep 22, 2015
Elburn, Illinois
Any blown fuses? Does the fuel solenoid activate when you turn the key? Perhaps take off starter and examine the relay/solenoid system?

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH
Any blown fuses? Does the fuel solenoid activate when you turn the key? Perhaps take off starter and examine the relay/solenoid system?
No blown fuses, fuel solenoid ok and did remove to check and clean the starter. It all looks good but bendex doesn't engage so thinking to just replace the solenoid.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you "jumping the starter" from large terminal to large terminal?

You need to jumper from large battery terminal to very small spade terminal.
And you have either an Engaged / Bad / Maladjusted safety switch, Bad OPC, Bad starter relay, blown fuse, and the list goes on.
Get the WSM (aka service manual) as it will help troubleshot it.

Reactions: 1 user

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH

And you have either an Engaged / Bad / Maladjusted safety switch, Bad OPC, Bad starter relay, blown fuse, and the list goes on.
Thanks...

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH
Thank you...thinking I'll recheck all fuses again...

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH

Thanks I.W....stupid is as stupid does...when I jumped the solinoid this time, my butt was in the seat, and it started. Getting old is scary sometimes...but thanks again.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Another person had the similar issue. Apparently, the treadle pedal sticks out of neutral sometimes. Try rocking the treadle pedal a couple of times.

Ryeder

Equipment
B2650 hsd
Feb 10, 2022
NH
Another person had the similar issue. Apparently, the treadle pedal sticks out of neutral sometimes. Try rocking the treadle pedal a couple of times.
I'll do that...thanks. Hopefully it will be something that simple.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
You can start the B2650 without being seated.....as in standing alongside it. HST pedal, PTO , and the range select lever should all be in the neutral position.

Reactions: 1 user