Thank you.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Using my phone's translator, it looks like the top left might say "double speed"... I don't know if that means anything... On the bottom right it kinda looked like "back" was in there somewhere..

That's all I got...

Reactions: 1 user

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Top left: "Double Speed"
Bottom left: "Auto Break"
Bottom right: "Back Up"

That seems like the most reasonable translation I can come up with.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Apropos to very little: My buddies wife is Japanese, speaks fluent English with no accent, but NOT a tractor person at all...When I first got my tractor she insisted the pronunciation was not "Kubota" like we all say it, it was "Ku--bow--taaa" with emphasis on the long "a" at the end. 😁 Maybe in Japan I guess? I've never heard them say it actually. We all laughed, and drank, and we still say "Ku-bow-taaaa" years later when we get together and talk tractor. 🤣

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Apropos to very little: My buddies wife is Japanese, speaks fluent English with no accent, but NOT a tractor person at all...When I first got my tractor she insisted the pronunciation was not "Kubota" like we all say it, it was "Ku--bow--taaa" with emphasis on the long "a" at the end. 😁 Maybe in Japan I guess? I've never heard them say it actually. We all laughed, and drank, and we still say "Ku-bow-taaaa" years later when we get together and talk tractor. 🤣
And we in this country say many words incorrectly ..........

One I like to have fun with my students .............
Aluminium

AL U min ium

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Japanese translation; sounds like a job for Henro!
Not really, but bmblank is right on.

I am not good at reading most Japanese Kanji characters, so I asked my wife about the two top characters, that in Japanese are pronounced bisoku, with the Bi (should have shown up as bai, pronounced as bye)(just for clarification, bi would be pronounced bee) as meaning double, and soku meaning speed.

PaulR's story was a bit of a puzzle to me, as we have/had a friend whose name is Kubota, and it is pronounced like I thought everyone pronounced it, and not like Kubotaaa, with a stretched out aaa sound at the end.

Then it registered that PaulR at the time was probably saying KuboDA....rather than KuboTA, and his friend's wife was probably emphasizing the TA and stretched it out a bit. LOL

My son in law is British, and I am sure still says aluminium, as his parents do, who are also British and live down the road a bit. He has a BX23S. As a test I am going to have to ask him what brand his tractor is next time I see him, and check his pronunciation...He'll probably say Kubotaaaa...LOL

Last edited:

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I can only help with Spanglish. I don't think that there any tractors with buttons labelled that way, though.:ROFLMAO:

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Thanks a million guys, sorry for the delay, been all over the vineyards, spraying, tilling, cultivating… had little time for my Digital Orange buddies. :)

This is actually on a friends tractor that just arrived from Japan. We get quite a few Japanese tractors for the use where I live… lots of small tiny lots, hilly, narrow vineyards and olive orchards… suitable for that use.

also, the rotary tiller that are designed for Japanese market demand far less power, thus less fuel consumption due to the design…

thank you.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Maybe I have slightly different suggestion from my counterpart…

Left dash switch/indicator ~ might be used to mean twice the normal speed. Top left maybe is double speed…maybe. Lower left is auto brake. And then right indicator meaning back up. Maybe difficult to say for certain without manual or description but I think generally that suggests what switch/indicator lights mean.