Terrible Winter

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Terrible for tractor use, that is. One 14" snowfall and then nothing. The squalls we had a week ago slickened up the freeways, but melted before I could get home and fire up the Kubota. Nothing worthwhile in the forecast, either. My wife is giving me "The look" every time she has to squeeze past the FEL to get into her car.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Terrible for tractor use, that is. One 14" snowfall and then nothing. The squalls we had a week ago slickened up the freeways, but melted before I could get home and fire up the Kubota. Nothing worthwhile in the forecast, either. My wife is giving me "The look" every time she has to squeeze past the FEL to get into her car.
We on the east coast aint seen a lick of the white stuff!!! Record heat wave through these parts......from top to bottom plus tornados ......never had an xmas at 70+ degrees.....

not super fond of the cold......but do like the occasional ....whats it called....

SNOW!

hope to see some before ...........summer!:D

when she wants out ....and there is 2' on the ground......then you get to give her the "look" back!;):)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
When we have to deal with it from Nov to march year after year.
Now i understand the reasoning behind a winter vacation.
Cruise every 2 years, money well spent.
Except this winter, vegas in april. Bet im going to regret that.

So ya- its winter, i dont mind it until i have to work outside in it. We have been fortunate as far as the cold goes. Minus 22 christmas night.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This storm coming from New Mexico and Texas up through Canada looks bad!!:mad:

Blizzards, tornadoes, and flooding all at the same time.

Hope you guys in the path do okay!!

We'll get the end of it Monday and Tuesday, but nothing like others have had to deal with.

Be safe!!:):)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yeah, not looking forward to tomorrow, we are forecast to have the traditional between Xmas and New Year ice storm with the added fine feature of high winds. Rather have snow than ice.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Beware of what you ask for... ;)

That storm is kicking boo-tay. I am still frozen. Those wishing it would get wintry may soon get their wish.

It was a high of 40 at my house Christmas day eve with wind blowing at 20mph gusting to 40. The next day was worse. Six miles from my house -no wind but chilly. I drive back into the foothills and its bending trees all over.

Today it finally calmed down but we are about 7-10 degrees under our normal and have been for a few weeks. We had snow in the mountains above my place a week ago. Even my dogs don't want to go out for more than a quick trip around the block.

We just ordered 25 tons of flagstone from a quarry in New Mexico. We were trying to race the shutdown that ice and snow bring to operations there. This morning, my friend in Albuquerque sent me a picture of his yard with a foot of snow on it. I am thinking we won't see our flagstone for a month or more.

Right now everyone is cuddled with mom in bed... I am heading that way soon.

Get your cameras charged up so you can share the "fun."

Ray

Last edited:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Why court trouble? Explain to her that you bought the tractor, to ward off snow. If you use it in the snow, the resale value goes down, as the hours go up... Women just don't understand logic...:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Been warm here with way above normal temps. Was in the low 70's last night at 11 pm. Frogs were back out and the fruit trees were budding :mad: Was really considering kicking on the ac :rolleyes: today, the temp has been dropping steadily. Currently in the mid 40's and gonna be down in our normal December temps the rest of the week with mid 40's during the day and 20's at night. Phone has been blowing up half the night so far with emergency alerts for the area for flooding with some road closures. We had a gully washer that lasted a couple hours. Storms supposed to clear out around midnight and then sunny and cold this week.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Hasn't snowed here yet - been in the 60's and was 70 for christmas in NJ

So glad I bought the bx 25 this year and then I paid all that money this summer for my heated curtis cab and snowblower :(

I'm sure it wont snow for 3 years now!

Least the kubota transforms back to a tractor in the spring and can be used for more than just snow. Or else my wife would be killing me :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"I'm sure it wont snow for 3 years now!"

that would be my luck for sure!:D:)

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
We have had about 3 feet so far this season. We had six inches fresh on the 24th to insure a clean, white Christmas. Snow is about typical for this time of year. The big snows come in February, March, and April - sometimes May.

The weather has been cool: It was -4 F this morning, -1 yesterday, and supposed to be colder tomorrow. However, the humidity is low, so it is not bad working outside - as long as one keeps moving.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
So glad I bought the bx 25 this year and then I paid all that money this summer for a snowblower :(

I'm sure it wont snow for 3 years now!

Least the kubota transforms back to a tractor in the spring and can be used for more than just snow. Or else my wife would be killing me :D
I was counting on the multi year layoff of snow...just one nice snow to test the blower and I will be happy. It does look like tomorrow night we could get a decent amount between 6 & 10 inches they predict.

Hop everyone stays safe and gets a chance to play in the snow if the want to.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know I love you guys,, but please keep all that snow out der..thanks :D